Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-22-2005, 06:53 PM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
Cardiac

Urgent Petition! Please!

If you feel strongly about the inhumane treatment of Terri Schiavo, please visit the below site and add your name to the emergency petition to save her life. This petition or plea for action will go to Governor Jeb Bush and legislative leaders.

http://justicecoalition.org/index.htm

Please don't hesitate as this could very well be Terri's last chance.

Also, to find out the truth about Terri's past care and treatment...read the article on The Justice Coalition homepage. Then ask yourself as I have, "why hasn't the media been sharing this information about Terri???"

I urge you to pass this on, and keep Terri as well as her family in your prayers.

I beg that all of you participate in this. Please...please...I pray that you all do this for this poor woman.

Please Notice: You must be 18 in order to send this in. If you are not 18, this petition may be invalid...Please do not lie.

Also, I strongly ask that you spread this around...put it in your sigs, on your site, everywhere!

Thank you so much,
-Black
Old 03-22-2005, 07:04 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

after her ?accident? she was in rehab and from what i here was doing quite well. she was learning to talk again and even walk. it was when her husband got a girl friend and stopped paying for her treatment she started going down hill.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Cardiac

And now they gunna starve her to death (peaceful...yea rite)...you guys we can have an effect on wheher this innocent girl lives or not. Please you guys...
Old 03-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
As bad as I feel for her, living off a feeding tube for that many years is no way to live. She hasn't gotten any better over all those years. Personally, I'd rather die and go to heaven and live a better life than laying in bed day in and day out as a vegetable.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i think they should unplug her 15yrs on death roll is all the time is needed put the poor girl out. sorry she had all the time to come out of it, the hosp is bleeding her to death and thats not right ether.

OMG it been 15yrs she been in a comma, sorry if i sound mean let the girl rest in peace.

max limite one should give up is 5-7yrs
===========================================
we all will die some day

i edited my send in to let it go on. unplug her

this is for that USA-Fla only. any out side doing it will be laugh at.
===========================================
there has to be a limit!! if i was in a comma i don't wish tobe keep alive for 15yrs come on people, what life is that? her body is already dead and brain is not working at all. let her rest in peace.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-22-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:45 PM
the þrox™ is offline the þrox™

Send a message via ICQ to the þrox™ Send a message via AIM to the þrox™
I agree with Dr. Bullet, would you want to live off a feeding tube and be in a constant vegitation state? Now i know i wouldnt want to die by starvation, maybe be lethal injection or something along those lines. But i feel that people who dont even know the girl and know what the husband has to go through should even stick their noses into it and make it their own problem. From what ive heard the husband is the legal gaurdian and has the right to take the tube out,
Quote:
Repeated court rulings have held that Michael Schiavo is his wife's legal guardian and has the right to make decisions regarding her care.
(From CNN). Terri herself has even told her best friend and husband she would not like to live in such a state
Quote:
He and his attorney said Terri made it clear years ago that she would not want to live in such a condition -- even though she never made a living will. They said she once made the comment to her best friend after seeing a movie in which a character was in such a state.
(From CNN). Now if your going to say, "well its just some website claiming someone said something" then you might as well believe the same thing for jc.org website which jedi has posted.

I think what the husband is trying to do for his wife is what he feels she would truly want and he is just trying to keep her from living the poor vegitation state that she will be in if the tube is not removed.

----------------------------------------
[Presents: ++]

Sigs Made: [29]
Old 03-22-2005, 08:48 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I guess personally I don't have too much of a problem with them removing the feeding tube, escpecially if all other resources have been explored or used up.
You can only do so much

It was the court order that they can't even try to feed her them selves that I really don't like.

At least 2 guys were arrested for trying to give her water.

At least trying to feed her is better then out right starving her.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Cardiac

I dont get you guys...the girl is not resting in peace. There is no peace to starving to death.

Here are some quotes from that site if you did not read it:

"Terri has been left for years to stare out a window, and more recently a darkend room, with the blinds closed"

"Terri has been held hostage in a home for the dying, even though she is neither terminal nor dying."

"Under Florida law, if an animal were treated this way, you would be arrested and put in jail."

"Under Florida law it is illegal to starve a barnyard animal or a convicted felon, as it would consitute cruel and unusual punishment. The state does not treat death row inmates this inhumanely."

The woman is not dead, and is not going to die, unless we let her. Her family walks in the room & she smiles, you waive a balloon in her face she smiles. She has learned to say help, thankyou, and more words. She is able to let the nurse know when she feels pain. You guys she is a living human being. All they can do is sit there and watch as she dies a slow painful death...

She has made progress, speaking some words, showing facial expressions, and she laughs when jokes are told. She is improving every day. I cannot belive you guys...

Thankyou,
-Black
Old 03-22-2005, 09:19 PM
the þrox™ is offline the þrox™

Send a message via ICQ to the þrox™ Send a message via AIM to the þrox™
The point is if after 15 years of living in that state and all you can do is say 6 words and make movements doesnt mean a dam thing. She stated herself she would not wish to be in that condition and live that way. Doctors said she will never fully recover. Letting her live may only give her 60 more years to learn another 18 words and 3 more facial movements. You have to look at it from her parents side and the husbands side. The parents dont have to take care of her everyday and watch the one they married and fell in love with live in that state. The husband has to live with Terri in this condition, he has to take care of her recieveing no love whatsoever, he cant get kisses from her, he cant make love with her, he cant play games with her, he cant talk and have a conversation with her. So is it fair to him that he has to live that way? Is it fair to her that she will never recover and be her old self and do her old hobbies? I dont believe it is and i think you should reconsider the facts.

----------------------------------------
[Presents: ++]

Sigs Made: [29]
Old 03-22-2005, 09:23 PM
JonM is offline JonM

The law has made it choice, i don't believe that we should try and change it. . . ... the husband would most likely know what is best for her
Old 03-22-2005, 09:33 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

I can’t remember anything
Can’t tell if this is true or dream
Deep down inside I feel to scream
This terrible silence stops me

Now that the war is through with me
I’m waking up I can not see
That there is not much left of me
Nothing is real but pain now

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god,wake me

Back in the womb it’s much too real
In pumps life that I must feel
But can’t look forward to reveal
Look to the time when I’ll live

Fed through the tube that sticks in me
Just like a wartime novelty
Tied to machines that make me be
Cut this life off from me

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god,wake me
Now the world is gone I’m just one
Oh god,help me hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please God help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

Let her go guys..stop thinking of yourselves and let her pass. She has suffered more than any of us probably ever will. Just pray that her passing is as easy as we can allow. We allowed her to live in this state for 15 years...I think that is the biggest mistake of all...yet we are all blind-sided by hope at some time in our lives and if it was one of our closest we might feel different. If they pull her tube..I would like to see about 100 inmates from death row go along with her ...just to make me feel better about congress... they can pass laws to protect murdering ,raping ,life stealing morons from getting what they were sentenced to 10 years ago, but they can't save a helpless retarded girl..? Screw you Congress...
<:{{{}}}><

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by »Proxy26«
The point is if after 15 years of living in that state and all you can do is say 6 words and make movements doesnt mean a dam thing. She stated herself she would not wish to be in that condition and live that way. Doctors said she will never fully recover. Letting her live may only give her 60 more years to learn another 18 words and 3 more facial movements. You have to look at it from her parents side and the husbands side. The parents dont have to take care of her everyday and watch the one they married and fell in love with live in that state. The husband has to live with Terri in this condition, he has to take care of her recieveing no love whatsoever, he cant get kisses from her, he cant make love with her, he cant play games with her, he cant talk and have a conversation with her. So is it fair to him that he has to live that way? Is it fair to her that she will never recover and be her old self and do her old hobbies? I dont believe it is and i think you should reconsider the facts.
ok i can see only one reason let the husband knock her up to have some kids, i mean thats all she reaslly be good for? what a dog or cat will react to if you hurt it, as for doing things like face changes will thats normal for people or even a monkey sleep state too. i seen a women who was on crack who was out of it her face was doing all type of things without her knowing it. (had a talk to her to get off it)

be real go ask her something for sample: do you wish to have more kids? Yes or No. gee no asker.

she's not all there at all, for god sack she has tobe on feeding tube hookup for her to eat you ask me thats totally suck and her state of mind not all there for 15yrs.

OMG she not even there in the Head 99% oops sorry im out of it totally Da let her die

OMG if i was in that state of mind? if i was after 6mo unplug me.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
<:{{{}}}><

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Chief ADFP

who paying the Hosp bill? the husband or they family to me who paying it has the right to say, and the husband is marry to her not the father or the mother, if he leaves her for another women by god then her family may take over and all the bills with it too.

personaly i am shock he did not leave her for good he stay in it start till finish, he do have a right to see others women if your wife is no then more then a test dummie.

there not none to get out of there no love and no then to sleep with you at nights. how you think he feels for pass 15yrs he can never sleep with the wife at all at night or talk to? he done all he can for her, he has a life too live and so do her in peace with the father in high of high above. i will say this if she walk out of her room to get some food then by god feed a dish of food and not the tube.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:37 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I will keep this poor lady in my prayers as this is such a terrible dilemma there are arguments to keep her alive and compelling arguments to let her go.

Regards
Old 03-23-2005, 05:16 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
....if he leaves her for another women by god then her family may take over and all the bills with it too.

personaly i am shock he did not leave her for good he stay in it start till finish, he do have a right to see others women if your wife is no then more then a test dummie...
he does have a girlfriend, and at least 1 maybe 2 kids.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Honestly I think this is none of our business. It is up to her husband. I don't want some punk that has no idea what it is like trying to change my decision when they have no idea who I or my wife are.

I say if he feels it is better they take the tube out, then let him do it.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Very true Ath
Old 03-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot
he does have a girlfriend, and at least 1 maybe 2 kids.
will i am not shock he has to get some type of love, can't get it from a empty bottle now can you.

My hatoff to him. have wife who is not all there and have a girl on the side who hang in there with him when he still marry to hosp-dummie. not bad and is supporting the girl kids toboot and paying bills now i can't be bad to him.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I think she should be let go.. I herd about this a few years ago and every now and then since... shes been gone 15 years... she stated to her husband before it happend that if anything like this happened to let her go.

Her parents are the ones that want to keep her alive, that I can understand to a point. But it was her wish to be let go before it happened.. And it's been 15 years, she ain't coming back, and if she does (She won't), she'll be dumbER then a rock.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq