Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > Humor & Jokes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Humor & Jokes Got a funny joke or a funny email? Post it so we can all laugh!

Old 06-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Biggrin i had a good laugh "Saddam Hussein's new novel" banned

Quote:
Jordan bans Saddam's new novel

Book entitled: 'Get out of here, curse you!'

Sunday, June 26, 2005; Posted: 7:42 a.m. EDT (11:42 GMT)

AMMAN, Jordan (Reuters) -- Jordan has banned Saddam Hussein's new novel on the grounds the tale of an Arab tribesman who defeats a foreign intruder could hurt relations between the two countries, censors and the publisher said on Sunday.

Saddam, shown here during videotaped questioning, has been in custody since December 2003.

"Get out of here, curse you!," believed to have been penned by the ousted Iraqi leader before the U.S.-led war, was set to be released in Jordan and other Arab countries on Thursday by a Jordanian company with the permission of Saddam's family.

"Publishing this novel will harm the Iraqi-Jordanian relationship and we are keen to have the best relations with Iraq. Jordan will not approve its publication. If they want to publish it they have to do it abroad," Ahmad al-Qudah, head of the government's Press and Publication Department, told Reuters.

The publisher said he had printed 10,000 copies for distribution in Jordan and other Arab countries, including Iraq, after winning initial permission. He said censors changed their mind after a local newspaper reported the upcoming launch.

"They gave us the okay from day one, but with all this publicity the censors called and told us to stop everything," the publisher told Reuters, asking his name and his company not be printed for fear of government reprisals.

"I will change the cover and publish it abroad. This book is going to be published in the Arab world, I tell you that."

Under Jordanian law, the department has authority to censor books published in Jordan, a close U.S. ally.

Relations between Jordan and Iraq were strained after reports that a Jordanian was behind a suicide bombing which killed 125 people south of Baghdad in February, prompting Iraqi protesters to break into the embassy. The two countries briefly recalled their envoys over the incident.

The publisher said Saddam's daughter Raghad, who lives in Amman, had given him permission to publish the book, in which the daughter writes a dedication to her jailed father.

A copy of the book was stored in Baghdad's Information Ministry ready for publication when the war broke out in 2003.

Saddam the author
Saddam, facing war crime charges, was credited with writing other books including "Zabiba and the King" -- later made into a musical -- and "Men and a City."

Following his overthrow, however, Iraqi writers and intellectuals said Saddam did not write the books himself but got a committee to do it for him.

His latest book tells the story of Salem, a noble Arab tribesman who represents righteousness and Arab nationalism, and defeats his American and Jewish enemies. Illegal copies of the book have circulated in Amman.

The tale describes how Salem unites divided Arab tribes in Iraq to defeat Hisquel, a foreign intruder who represents evil.

A publisher for a London-based publishing house who was offered the rights to print an English translation by the Jordanian publisher said they turned it down.

"We read it but thought it had very little literary value," Hesperus Press publisher Alessandro Gallenzi told Reuters from London.

"We publish classics. I'm afraid this one does not make it."

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/...eut/index.html
have to say it good Jordon step in put a stop to it, will some what i think its a joke will brownie girl Scots come to save him next??
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-27-2005, 07:58 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Confused

A despot and an idiot lol!!!!

Regards
Old 06-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Chief ADFP

Saddam's daughter Raghad, she not a totally bad only she loves her father and can't help him, so in the end she trying to do what she can make him happy. i seen her on TV news when the war was coming to a end and she was displease of the out come of it all.

gee we gone in it was over in a week time got to be one for the record books as the shortest war ever, its really not a war any more it mostly terrorist bombing every one in that country that is the sad part of it all.

don't know if Saddam's daughter Raghad hand's has blood on them ether, i only hope not. there is a chance her hands are bloody too. in crime done to the IRAQ's people.

i would date her only i bit before the night is over i find my self dead real fast lol she's not my type would be nice na

20yrs down the road she would look like this?

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-27-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:51 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Hmmm ... Might make some interesting reading.

Know what I can find it Chief? I'm a political science buff!

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 06-28-2005, 10:32 AM
JonM is offline JonM

grrrr...double post
Old 06-28-2005, 10:33 AM
JonM is offline JonM

good step for jordan, this will be remembered in the future i think..
Old 06-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Chief ADFP

i heard on the news today on CNN they talk to the IRAQ's people one who had talk to them terrorist one said we kill has many as we can even if we kill 10 Iraqis people to kill one American so be it. man i know the IRAQs people are not happy with that at all. they getting the raw end of the deal by them terrorist groups who don't care who they care to kill.

but it is drawing the point home to them IRAQs people they are learning these terrorist really don't care who they kill at all.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:50 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
i heard on the news today on CNN they talk to the IRAQ's people one who had talk to them terrorist one said we kill has many as we can even if we kill 10 Iraqis people to kill one American so be it. man i know the IRAQs people are not happy with that at all. they getting the raw end of the deal by them terrorist groups who don't care who they care to kill.

but it is drawing the point home to them IRAQs people they are learning these terrorist really don't care who they kill at all.
Many people don't understand what's going on in Iraq other than the "so many" deaths that happen... Schools and hospitals are going up. Safety is much higher, and less people are dieing. And what most don't know, is the soldiers like being there. They know that we're fighting for freedom, and the right thing. If I had the chance I would be there in a heart beat. Disagree if you must, but I think that the whole "we shouldn't be there" should really be left to the soldiers, the ones actually fighting... Also if you want to know the truth, the Iraqi's are very happy we're there. Just most news stations are democratic... *sigh*

-Sincerely Elite
Old 06-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Chief ADFP

i have to disagreed with this: is the soldiers like being there.

no one like tobe in a war zone or do police action is basic what they are doing to clear the country of terrorist by sweeping builden by buildens as a swat-team would do.

i love the ID they are there! but the real story they don't like to be there it like 50/50 chance they get back home and who would not make it back. i am a vet serve 10yrs in the Army i be happy to do the job, but like all job i really don't like to stick my neck out there to be chop off by some jerk with a bomb ether. so please don't think they like being there ok lets be real about it.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:27 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

I just wish we didn't have to teach them how to fight..that troubles me...you should know how to fight..or you wouldn't be here...we wouldn't be there if they knew how...or wanted to bad enough..that's all I have to say about this..

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by -live-wire-
I just wish we didn't have to teach them how to fight..that troubles me...you should know how to fight..or you wouldn't be here...we wouldn't be there if they knew how...or wanted to bad enough..that's all I have to say about this..
look the Germans and Japanese all turn out for the better...it not a big thing after they are train and learn how to care of their country faster we can leave it.

only in that part of the world we don't need to make bases there it be asking for more trouble we don't need that, we leave they can do as they please with each other. they can kill each other off as they like i don't care after that point.

as some would say we are out here nice knowing you bye

i think it was said long all go in the meddle east; it is the devil play ground so many getting kill by people it like running water the Rivers are all red in blood
Old 07-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Trojan says, "Done"!

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••