Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:59 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Games and Soldiers

I know some people don't like it when I post non-DF news, but I gotta do this one ... http://www.nerdhq.net/forum/index.ph...t=0&#entry2711

Some comments from the soldiers who come here would be nice.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 05-19-2005, 04:03 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Ha no one likes it.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:54 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
I dont know wether the games will help on this, but i know that in the Dutch Army this issue ( PTSD ) is long recognized and they put in a lot of effort to recognize it and try to help the ones having it.

I do not exactly know how it is beeing treated but i know its a long lasting process.

I truly hope that those who suffer PTSD will have the ability to live with it and not suffer of it.
I know its a hard way to get over the things you been through, and you might never forget it. But its better to live with it , and dont have the nightmares and ghostly visages then to suffer from it year in and year out.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 05-20-2005, 05:03 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sad

There is always this terrible legacy for all combat troops no matter where they come from and sadly many suffer these consequences.

Regards
Old 05-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
don't know if i have it but when im in crowds i watchs peoples hands. can't go to football games anymore i went to one with my grandmother and had to leave i was so parinod. but the sleep thing was only bad for me for about a month 1/2 after i was back then it went away. most soldiers coming back experiance the crowd parinoa. and the sleep thing is common for most soldiers too. i still jump to load nosies and try to reach for my weapon but i don't go crazy i realize right after that its not a gun shot and i don't have a weapon anymore. but most soldiers do this. im sure most of this will go away for me and other soldiers soon and if not u should go get help because it can become a prob. i play games and it changes nothing for me. i can't watch war movies anymore in a movies theater cuz i yell out watch out or get nervous. well thats my 2 cents thought i would share with yea does not really effect my life that much and i don't want simpithy i injoy what i do and would go back to iraq if they gave me the chance.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 05-20-2005, 11:58 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Don't they still do debriefing? I thought that helped somewhat ?

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1