Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-15-2002, 04:50 PM
Lao Ren is offline Lao Ren

Send a message via ICQ to Lao Ren
Angry Hosting / w/ XP

Warriors, here again with more problems and cannot solve.I am unable to host with windows XP pro. When I start goes Ok. when on line the server name is Ok. but nobody can get in to it. We have tried it from another computers in the house and friends around here and they are un able to get in. ANYBODY WITH SAME PROBLEM OR SIMILAR ?? Help will be appreciated.

Thanks to all again for the help provided to me in other occations
Lao Ren
Old 03-15-2002, 05:44 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

The only reason that happend is cause you have a firewall. If you dont have one I bet you have one built into your cable modem. I have XP and hosting is np.. tell me if this helps!

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-16-2002, 12:28 AM
DeDRAGE is offline DeDRAGE

XP has a built in firewall. It wouldnt let people join my ip with roger wilco either. Just disable it and u will be fine.

Old 03-16-2002, 02:04 AM
staffy bull is offline staffy bull

Cry

hi m8 i too had some probs with xp disabling firewall is right this lets you host ok but problem i had was when i closed game down my comp would have a mini dump and restart.not a problem u might think but if i had all software installed such as host editor;dflw tools,etc after minidump it wouldn`t let me play again without reinstalling.in the end i went back to millenium .shame cause xp was fine with everything else:

Old 03-16-2002, 03:25 AM
DeDRAGE is offline DeDRAGE

Shame u couldnt work it out. ME is the worst operating system to date. All of windows except 2000 and xp are terrible. The problem mainly is using memory. They just dont know how. I have 512 mb of ram. ME gets confused after 256. doesnt free up any memory after its done using it. So the more I use the less I have. But if it works for u thats great bro.

Old 03-25-2002, 09:18 PM
.KürùÞt. is offline .KürùÞt.

Send a message via ICQ to .KürùÞt. Send a message via AIM to .KürùÞt.
yea i had same thing...sept mine is on my modem plus built in....lol

DFG SOTW Winner Week 8
DF Chicks SOTW Winner Week 4; 15
DF Center SOTW Week 6;12
DF System SOTW Week 1
DF1 Maps SOTW Week 1
Combat Wars SOTW Week 4
Raging Wars SOTW Week 2
Death Row Militia Leader
Evolution 3 Co Owner
DF1 Maps Mod
Old 03-25-2002, 09:45 PM
Neo_TAW is offline Neo_TAW

Send a message via ICQ to Neo_TAW
To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall
Open Network Connections
Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want to protect, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, select one of the following:
To enable Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
To disable Internet Connection Firewall, clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
Notes

To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
You must be logged on as a computer administrator to complete this procedure.
If you clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box, the firewall on your computer is disabled, and your network is vulnerable to intrusions.
You should not enable Internet Connection Firewall on virtual private networking (VPN) connections or on client computers because ICF will interfere with file and printer sharing.
ICF cannot be enabled on the private connections of the Internet Connection Sharing host computer.
Internet Connection Sharing, Internet Connection Firewall, Discovery and Control, and Network Bridge are not available on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.