Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Pensioner stabbed to death in Cardiff store

Oct 19 2005

By Gareth Llewellyn

A pensioner has died after being stabbed while out shopping today.

The 75-year-old woman was in the Poundstretcher store in Cardiff city centre when she was attacked by another customer at around 12.20pm today.
She was taken to the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Story continues

A 44-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the incident and is being questioned at Cardiff Central Police station.

Detectives sealed off Church Street where the shop is situated and scenes of crime officers have been deployed.

Detective Superintendent Paul Kemp, leading the investigation, said: “We are treating this as murder, and are appealing for anyone with any information to contact our incident room which has been set up at Fairwater Police Station, on 02920 571 530.

“In particular, we would like to speak with anyone who was in, or in the vicinity of, the Poundstretcher store between midday and 12.30pm.”

A mobile police unit has been set up outside St Johns Church, close to the scene, to give witnesses the opportunity to speak to officers.

A spokesman for South Wales Police said they were trying to trace the next of kin and a Home Office post mortem examination is due to be carried out tonight.

Staff at the store who witnessed the attack have been offered counselling.

A spokesman for Instore, which owns the Poundstretcher chain, said: “The premises have now been closed as it is a scene of crime and we are very much guided by police in terms of when the store can reopen.

“In terms of staff, we are offering them counselling services because obviously they are traumatised by the events.”

He also confirmed no staff were involved in the incident.

Maria Davies was one of the first people at the scene and comforted the fatally injured woman.

She told the BBC website: “I was passing the side entrance of the market and I heard a lot of raised voices in Poundstretcher.

“I went into the shop. I saw these two old ladies coming towards me.

“One said, ’Can you help me, someone has just been stabbed in the back’.

“I looked at the other lady and I saw the knife in her back.”

Ms Davies added: “I sat her down on a chair and she was gripping me tightly. I told her the ambulance was on its way.

“I tried to calm her down. She was crying and shaking.

“She was still fully conscious because she was talking to me.”

Ms Davies said she stayed with the woman until the emergency services arrived and she was taken away by paramedics.

This is how bad it is here, What could an old lady of 75 do against a knife.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:13 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

sickening..
Old 10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Dang...what is this world coming too?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Terry is offline Terry

like i said in another thread... some people in this world just arent right in the head... should be shot on the spot!!!

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 10-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
man thats really sad to happen in the public area, seem it not even safe to do any shopping in a public area with watching over your own shoulder for something like this to happen.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
How cowardly is that? A knife in the back of a woman period, but a 75 year old? Buncha freakin' sickos among us
Old 10-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Well I heard this on the news so I done a search for it on here, Because I wanted to show what sort of place I live in, I just cant believe that someone in a shop in broad daylight with others around would stab anyone.

I have posted a lot the last couple of weeks about where I live and how bad it has got here, This just goes to show I dont make this stuff up, A guy was Beaten to death a few hundred yards down the road from me After telling some teenagers to stop vandalising a road bollard.

Quote:
Les Reed was returning home from a night out at the local workingmen’s club in Ely, Cardiff in June 1993 when he spotted a gang vandalising a traffic bollard. When he asked them to stop, they turned on the 45 year old and ended up kicking him to death.

A pathologist found 55 wounds on Les Reed’s dead body. The injuries he sustained were described in court as resembling those of a road crash victim.
We have Gangs hanging out on most if not all street corners after dark, Its like if you want to do or go anywhere you have to go in the day, The night the streets are ruled by Kids And Teenagers that have parents that dont care about anything they get upto.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

The bastards should have no fair trials. No court crap. They should be executed where they stand full stop.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Sal UK
Well I heard this on the news so I done a search for it on here, Because I wanted to show what sort of place I live in, I just cant believe that someone in a shop in broad daylight with others around would stab anyone.

I have posted a lot the last couple of weeks about where I live and how bad it has got here, This just goes to show I dont make this stuff up, A guy was Beaten to death a few hundred yards down the road from me After telling some teenagers to stop vandalising a road bollard.

We have Gangs hanging out on most if not all street corners after dark, Its like if you want to do or go anywhere you have to go in the day, The night the streets are ruled by Kids And Teenagers that have parents that dont care about anything they get upto.
a lot of times the parents are clueless to what their kids are doing and when they find out it too late. jail for life for the kids.

in Florida we can have gun on us all the time now. Police can't be every were now can they. we still have to call them if we use the gun on a person and make a report of it to the police force. still no guns/rifles in schools/banks/fed buildens and other areas. off limited
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-19-2005 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:11 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
You think that even if the parents knew, they would/could do anything? Nah, by this time, it's too late for any kind of intervention. I say lock all the ruffians up in a small cell with Bubba, then talk to them in a few years.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:04 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sad

This is truly appaling and I wonder what the hell the world is coming too???? I am totally in agreement with the sentiment that says we should shoot these bastards as they are vermin anyway!!!!

Regards a sad and sickened Steve/Baddog
Old 10-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Terry is offline Terry

little scrotes should get a good kickin themselves!!! then left to bleed to death... feckin parasites

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 10-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

here is the follow up..

Police name pensioner killed in shop Oct 20 2005

icWales

A pensioner who was stabbed to death while shopping in a Poundstretcher store was named today as Valerie Thomas.

The woman, 75, was stabbed in the back by another customer at about 12.20pm yesterday in the Cardiff store, south Wales.

South Wales Police confirmed today that she died of the single stab wound received in the attack. The incident is being treated as murder.

Story continues

The pensioner, whose next of kin have now been contacted, is from Ninian Road, Roath, Cardiff.

She is believed to have been queueing to pay for goods when she got into an argument with another customer and was stabbed.