Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 11-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Systemkaos
ummmm the physics in CS:S are amazing and totaly configurable in the server configs and in your console. And 6 years? Just because HL1 came out in 98 doesnt mean they were making HL2 for that amount of time, they said they were going to wait for the advancement in technology to work on it and not to mention that source code incident last year
cs:s is the same game as 1.5 same maps,same gameplay A couple of shiny floors and barrels that have physics, I just dont know how so many say its amazing, It definatly aint a big leap forward that they would like everyone to believe.

I would love to know what the Suprise they are giving out with the Source SDK maybe it will be the parts they ripped from the game, I dont believe most of the publicity stunts pulled, OK thier source code was downloaded by someone, But they were supposed to have had parts of the game stolen.

Day Of Defeat I think was the best mod for HL1 and that you could download for free or go and get it on cd for 12.99 if you had a slow download, Now just because they have added shiny floors and maybe boxes with physics you have to pay no matter what. Im not prepard to pay more for more of the same.
And some say Nova sell the same games over and over again.lol

But that is My Opinion no one can change it.
System I know you like the game, But not everyone thinks its what its all hyped up to be, Ok only a few of us but we are there. lol
Old 11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I've got to agree with you Sal and I must admit I'm dissapointed in HL2 but each to their own mates!!!!

Warm Regards

Old 11-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

After seeing this it may have a little more shelf life but only DeathMatch it will get boring after a bit of time. As long as they dont try charging for that too.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
HL2 is getting an update this week, and that is going to be featured in the update. No need to pay.

Let me ask you one question sal. Where in any forum post, news announcment, interview, or site posting does valve say CS:S isnt going to be COUNTER STRIKE?

Source is just the engine. SO its 1.6 ON the source engine. Its not supposed to be a different game

and sorry if i feel so strong for CS:S just i really like the game and 1.6. HL2 is a different topic tho
Old 11-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
HL2 is getting an update this week, and that is going to be featured in the update. No need to pay.

Let me ask you one question sal. Where in any forum post, news announcment, interview, or site posting does valve say CS:S isnt going to be COUNTER STRIKE?

Source is just the engine. SO its 1.6 ON the source engine. Its not supposed to be a different game

and sorry if i feel so strong for CS:S just i really like the game and 1.6. HL2 is a different topic tho
That is my point its just a new engine, Why make people pay for something that was Originally FREE?
They had to put something out with MP I know otherwise they would have sold less copies, As I think I aint on my own in saying SP is getting some what out of date, Who wants dumb AI when you can play against a more intelligent Human Player(OK only a few Intelligent ones)lol

As an Owner of HL1,DOD and CS I should really be able to upgrade them for free, If you get my point.

If I released a Low Resolution Game and sold it for 20.00 and then made a high res version and then charged you for the high res update, I`d be affaid to leave my house just incase the guy down the street bought it.....lol ok not a real example but thats what it comes down to in the end.

Hope im not sounding Argumentative in these posts, Its just I was No Good at school so my English is well reading it you can see..lol
Old 12-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Well I have downloaded and updated Ill try out HL Deathmatch later, Though there are some moaning about it at steam, But the SourceSDK mod stuff looks ok though, I just hope Steam dont charge for downloading when the mods start to get released.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:34 AM

wait wait wati.....You listen to the idiots at steam?!?!?!?! Let me give you some advice.....DONT listen to 97% of the people there, they either sit there and wait to flame, or are just so stupid and immature. They were complaining about some stupid things before.

The best thing about this update is the 5000$ prize for making a winning HL2DM map, and the server side downloads for CS:S
Old 12-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
wait wait wati.....You listen to the idiots at steam?!?!?!?! Let me give you some advice.....DONT listen to 97% of the people there, they either sit there and wait to flame, or are just so stupid and immature. They were complaining about some stupid things before.

The best thing about this update is the 5000$ prize for making a winning HL2DM map, and the server side downloads for CS:S

lol well I did say I`d try it myself later....lol, I have never even attempted to make a map with HL never mind HL2, I will probably need a degree to use the editor, After getting used of Nova`s Med and Nile, But I do like diving in at the deep end.

But I do see what others are saying on the different game forums, Then I make my own judgment by playing the demo or buying the game...I Waste a lot of money this way though..lol

Maybe Ill catch up with you in there somewhere m8?
Old 12-01-2004, 01:59 PM

lol i dont post at steampowered.com cuz i know it will all eventualy result into a giant flame. I just go there for info and updates and rumors and to have a laugh at the....immaturaty.

Steam:systemkaos@silent-sceptiks.com (or systemkaos im like the only one and it lists me 3 times)
Xfire: systemkaos
MSN:systemkaos@silent-sceptiks.com
Old 12-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

yes I aint posted there, I just go reading the posts. It is funny some of the things you read over there, Also the way the Mods like to Ban people for silly reasons, At least nova just delete and lock the posts these guys just ban you.lol

So I thought I better not post my feelings on the game, I would get Banned for good.....lmao
Old 12-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Well first Impressions, I Dont think Ill play it much.
I cant see why anyone would want to play a game where People just spawn and move to the side or behind a spawn and shoot you as soon as you appear, I havent tried the TDM just DM so Ill give that a go later.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:17 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Having played Hlaf life 2 again I still don't think it's all that great a game....maybe it's just me?

Regards
Old 12-02-2004, 06:05 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE

...Is he shooting the toilet?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:23 AM

no, he picked it up with a grav gun and shooting it at that elite combine
Old 12-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
Originally posted by E.D.G.E

...Is he shooting the toilet?
Its saying Buying this game is like throwing money down the toilet.....

With the Exeption of CS:S but not worth buying if you already have cs 1.6 and HL1.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:47 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

I think I agree with that Sal I wouldn't say to anyone "Hey go get this game because it's great!" Mediocre is the word that springs to mind for me. As always it's each to their own!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 12-04-2004, 08:46 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
After hyping it up to Baddog I feel a bit silly.
I havent finished it and I am bored trying to to be honest.
Best SP 3PS is still the original Deus Ex.

HL2 would be great I think if they had worked on story based game play rather more than they have. I know that sounds silly given that it is touted as being exactly that.

I am at a bit where I have to move boxes with the grav gun to get across some radioactive waste.
Suprise suprise, halfway across and a lot of monsters appear.. Doom3 anyone?

The more I play, the more each set piece looks designed just to show off the technology.

Now we will show you about guiding big insects with pom pom balls, now we will show you how to lead a squad in action, now we will show you the facial animation in action, now we will show you the outdoor effects, now we will show you how wooden boxes float in water.

Its still the best SP adventure game in a long time but I wish I had finished it before raving it up.
Here's hoping the technology is put to fantastic use.
It's time good script writers were brought in to develop pounding storylines and good directors paid to create real tension in stories.

Deus Ex could be played in different ways everytime. There was always at least three ways to continue the story. Even at the end you could choose what it is you wanted to ultimatley achieve.
You could train to super stealthy or augment yourself so you could take a nuke in the forehead and laugh it off. You could run in guns blazing, sneak round the back or make yourself invisible to bots or humans to just bare faced walk on in to a strong hold.
You could fight the bad guys hand to hand, from a distance with a snipe rifle, or if you were really up for it, create diversions and sneak past when they weren't looking. Kill them or stun them with gas and tazers. This game was replayable again and again.

Half Life 2 is a series of exceptionaly well produced set pieces that show off the technology in a great way, but I don't see what the point would be in playing it again.

Im hoping Modders show what the engine can do as well as 3rd party developers and I would still recommend the game to anyone that can afford to buy it.
Im not about to continue with my earlier raves though.
Its a good simple and ultimatley dull game.

Old 12-05-2004, 01:42 PM

just no pleasing some people
Old 12-05-2004, 02:17 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I have to say ZZA I think you've got it hust about right regarding HL2 it does seem more about how clever a game it thinks it is rather than a really good game.

I will play it again but it's not a game I would play on a regular basis.

Warm Regards mate
Old 12-05-2004, 04:31 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Quote:
just no pleasing some people
If fancy graphics are what please you then HL2 is ideal for you. When I play games eventually the eye candy goes away as I concentrate on playing the game.
With HL2 the eye candy was great and the physics good. The in jokes funny and the grav gun fun.
It just gets dull is all.
If you dont see that then I am envious because there are thousands upon thousands of half arsed games made by good artists with no sense of drama or excitement.

You should be pleased with yourself rather than dismayed by others.