Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

What people throw away..

This afternoon I was in my apartment complex's underground parking area washing my car when some mid-age lady with a computer in a cart looked at me and said nice and shiny car you got there! Which is a good thing because it brought my attention to what she had in the cart. A full computer.. I thought maybe she was bringing it home so I didn't think much of it but she stopped by the dumpster to unload it.. I waited for her to leave and put the case and monitor in my car so no one else would take it.. finished washing my car and brought it up to my apartment..

The monitor looked perfect, but the case was a little beat up so I though it might be damaged. At first it didn't boot (nothing happened) so I took a power supply outa my stash and tried it. YES! the whole thing works. It's a P4 2.8Ghz with 512 Kingston DDR, ATI x300, a Sony DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive and a 17" Sony flat CRT monitor, which looks & works very nice.

I cannot believe it.. There was no name brand on the case so I figured it was custom built.. The motherboard has some corrosion on it so I threw it away with the case.

I've never been a garbage digger before but lately I've been seeing a lot of computers in the garbage.. I think I'm going to start picking them up for parts.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq