Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
That's why I said precedent. Yes he can sue, but it would be thrown out immediately. This is understood, so we just say they can't sue.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
reason lawers have to milk some one, even if they lose they still make money. lawers do research for loop hole in the internet law take time and lawers love to do it even if they lose a case they still make money off it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
More lawmakers back U.S. control of Internet

By Andy Sullivan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Three lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives called on Friday for the Internet's core infrastructure to remain under U.S. control, echoing similar language introduced in the Senate earlier this week.

The resolution, introduced by two Republicans and one Democrat, aims to line up Congress firmly behind the Bush administration as it heads for a showdown with much of the rest of the world over control of the global computer network.

"Turning the Internet over to countries with problematic human-rights records, muted free-speech laws, and questionable taxation practices will prevent the Internet from remaining the thriving medium it has become today," said California Republican Rep. John Doolittle in a statement.

Doolittle introduced the resolution with Virginia Republican Rep. Bob Goodlatte and Virginia Democratic Rep. Rick Boucher.

Countries including Brazil and Iran want an international body to oversee the addressing system that guides traffic across the Internet, which is currently overseen by a California nonprofit body that answers to the U.S. Department of Commerce.

The European Union withdrew its support of the current system last month, and the issue is expected to come to a head at a U.N. summit meeting in Tunisia in November.

The Bush administration has made clear that it intends to maintain control.

If a settlement is not reached, Internet users in different parts of the globe could potentially wind up at different Web sites when they type an address into their browsers.

U.S. lawmakers have backed the Bush administration's stance, arguing that a U.N. group would stifle innovation with excessive bureaucracy and enable repressive regimes to curtail free expression online.

Top Republicans and Democrats on the House Commerce Committee sent a letter of support to the Bush administration earlier this month. In the Senate, Minnesota Republican Norm Coleman has introduced a resolution supporting the administration's stance.

"The United States is uniquely positioned in the world to protect the fundamental principles of free press and free speech, upon which the Internet has thrived," Goodlatte said in a statement.

The United States has not always taken a hands-off approach to Internet regulation. In August the Commerce Department asked the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, the California body that oversees domain names, to postpone action on a proposed .xxx domain for sex sites.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 10-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Chief ADFP

you know this has to do with the new world order a government wide rule! of the whole world. U.N is setting us all up for it.

were there be a center government for all country's world wide rule in all areas, this only the first of many steps they are going for. no joke

U.N center government contour of all nations:
1.) Internet contour by them.
2.) country's rule by them.
3.) a United Arm Forces world wide.
4.) food suppliers food all the world.
5.) Stock market contour. (money value all be set to the same stander)

more....ect

U.N is power crazy and going for more contour of the world.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-24-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Thier will be an American Revolution before the United States Citizens bow down to the United Nations.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:12 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

everyones missing the fundamental point here, control of the internet isnt like a missile silo in as much that it isnt a physical object (largely speaking), if the rest of the world dosent want the US to "control" the internet then short of taking over the whole world, there isnt a damn thing the US can do about it.

"enable repressive regimes to curtail free expression online."

and a few lines down...

"the Commerce Department asked the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, the California body that oversees domain names, to postpone action on a proposed .xxx domain for sex sites."

Right...
Old 10-25-2005, 06:02 AM

That being the case, then the world won't mind if nothing changes...
Old 10-25-2005, 06:08 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

well ill suppose well see in tunisia in november, if the EU pull this off then you can pretty much count it as being its "announcement" that its going to try for world superpower status...
Old 10-25-2005, 09:42 AM
General Nuisance is offline General Nuisance

Send a message via ICQ to General Nuisance
Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*
I think the US just got owned...
Agreed.

http://youraite.yourhost.yourusername.com - long urls
-looks bad
-who can remember it?
- Solution?
- Get a short Nova-Zone subdomain! Yoursite.nova-zone.com
- Now thats smart. just ask for one via pm,email or contact page on site.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Chief ADFP

US Pay for the Hardware and they made it totally they can keep what they made and why give it away for free to others? who did not put anything into it?

American Tax Payers pay for it, did any other country chip no. its US Property. it be like to say the U.K most give up the royal crown (Jews) to another country for keep and care of. sorry no dice make up your own if you like. not letting no one steal it away for free. pay up or leave the store.

people like to get things for free for no then at all. don't care what the UN think or any other country. they already voted on it its a big fat NO. the USA will not give it up to no other country make up your own.

we made & maintain it cost a billion of US-Dollars over the pass years, so if you have the know how and the money make up your own service INTERNET. we done this for free anyways for the whole stinking world we don't charge any one for the use of the Internet at all. its there for all to use and freedom to use it anyway you like no limit.

the US-Government is already making up Internet 2 it way bigger then ADSL and other fast speed Internet service it too will be free, be release in next 2-5yrs down the road. we pump a lot of Tax payer money into it all so. still working on it at this time. transfer speed of Internet 2 is 2gb-3gb upload and download in 10min.

if any one break their country laws then it up to that country to get them and put them away, the USA will still help them to get these fools. there no need for the UN to have contour of something they don't know a thing about. the UN was made to help keep world peace not take contour of things on their own.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-25-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Chief ADFP

from a local reporter who was there U.N.:
Quote:
only them with dirty hands like to stick their nose into it.
China, Cuba,Iran

let each country have their own contour of it in their area and laws with in their borders.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:35 AM

My viewpoint is, information is about as free for me as it's going to get. Under any other country's control, the free flow of information would be stemmed. Many countries have filters over what content can and cannot be seen by their people. If someone else controls the internet, then what's going to stop them from filtering my internet?

If someone else wants it, let them come and take it.

The UN's lucky I don't control this country. They'd be out a ton of money...and a nice HQ...and a military force. I would have zero qualms about evicting the UN whatsoever- I even know how I'd do it. I'd first get the US out of the UN, then revoke their non-profit status. Once that's done, jack up their property taxes. Once they don't pay them, which they won't, I could legally evict the UN. Go home Kofi...

[/rant]
Old 10-29-2005, 04:41 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Bullet
My viewpoint is, information is about as free for me as it's going to get. Under any other country's control, the free flow of information would be stemmed. Many countries have filters over what content can and cannot be seen by their people. If someone else controls the internet, then what's going to stop them from filtering my internet?

If someone else wants it, let them come and take it.

The UN's lucky I don't control this country. They'd be out a ton of money...and a nice HQ...and a military force. I would have zero qualms about evicting the UN whatsoever- I even know how I'd do it. I'd first get the US out of the UN, then revoke their non-profit status. Once that's done, jack up their property taxes. Once they don't pay them, which they won't, I could legally evict the UN. Go home Kofi...

[/rant]
I totally agree Dr Bullet!!!!

Warmest Regards bro
Old 11-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

I'm starting to get pissed off more every time I read something on the net about the. The EU is gaining support and the UN is washing thier hands. This is something I would put my threads back on and go to war. Fook the UN and the EU. The internet is under American control because we forged it. If the American Governent allows this to happen, they are all cowards and sell outs to which I will fly my flag proudly. And as Jefferson Davis once said, "I Love and Venerate the Union of these States, but I love Liberty and Mississippi More"

Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America

Old 11-15-2005, 01:05 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

I loathe the bloody so called "EU" and hate the bloody Conservative party for ever taking us into it! As far as I'm concerned I would rather England became part of the United States of America as we have far more in common with America than we do with most of Europe!

The internet is an American invention and should be left to Americans to decide how it develops in the future and it doesn't need any bloody "EU" regulations or so called "UN" interference in what is an open access platform that the United States has been kind enough to share!

In the words of my good friend Trojan "FOOK the UN and FOOK the EU!!!!"

Warm Regards
Old 11-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

although the www, the important part of the web was invented at the "Conseil Européenne pour la Recherche Nucleaire" in Geneva Switzerland
Old 11-15-2005, 03:22 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

As I understood it the original internet was set up by two proffessors for the U.S. Defence department, (actually I think they did it originally as a private project to see if would work after theorising about it), in the United States for use in time of war? That took place in 1967 and I haven't come across anything about anyone in Europe creating the internet?

Of course I may wrong but I will do more research and see what I can find out.

Warm Regards
Old 11-15-2005, 03:26 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

http://www.isoc.org/internet/history/brief.shtml

I did find this which mentions someone talking about the creation of an internet back in 1963 at M.I.T. Of course there's a lot more info here on the origins of the internet and I haven't read it all as yet.

Warm Regards