Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Sybell is offline Sybell

BMS to MIS Converter for DFX

Is there or will there ever be a BMS to MIS converter for DFX? It would be so nice to be able to convert some of the stock missions to mis and modify them. That would really cut a lot of the headache out especially when it comes to finding flat terrain to put buildings on or areas to put tunnels.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
a thread was already made on that

http://www.novahq.net/forum/showthre...readid=4224139

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 05-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Coopwarriors is offline Coopwarriors

Send a message via ICQ to Coopwarriors Send a message via AIM to Coopwarriors Send a message via Yahoo to Coopwarriors
Cool bms to mis

Last edited by Coopwarriors; 01-06-2007 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Re: bms to mis

Quote:
Originally posted by fred..nl
i hoop not ther will made it a bms to mis made you on maps is not so hot to do it try try try is fun

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 05-19-2006, 02:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Coopwarriors Send a message via AIM to Coopwarriors Send a message via Yahoo to Coopwarriors
Re: bms to mis

I hope ther will no bms to mis converter be making . try to making your own maps . making your own maps is cool to do try it

Last edited by Coopwarriors; 05-19-2006 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:10 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
better get use to the id of it being made, it has already been made for bms to nile anyways, but not all like nile that much at all.

if you don't like it don't use the fool thing, a lot of map makers use it.

not all rip others off to make a map.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-19-2006, 01:13 PM

bms to mis

what I mean . people who will use your ore my maps and then to change it and blessing that it is their map

Last edited by Coopwarriors; 01-06-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Chief ADFP

will thats is a sad fact of life, i make maps up but like all things i some times have to redo my Hard drive and bam it all gone the mis files, so i redownload my own bms i made up and change them back to a mis file, i may have to adapt it like way points and other things to bring it back up to speed but it save me ton of headackes redoing it in my head.

like sample i no longer have any of my 4-kings maps i made up for DF: 2/LW/TFD> MIS, but if i like to bring them up to date i could change them over. 4-kings (hosted dfbarracks.com) is a 4-way match up 4-teams.

all the mis files i had in the pass is gone now days system crash at bootup and they was lost in time.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:11 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

As I explained on the earlier post on this subject: A .bms to .mis converter, is NOT A TOOL TO RIP OFF OTHER'S MAPS.

It is for the host to fix the glitches of the impatient map maker who failed to fine tune those glitches out of the map.

Such as:
1. I frequently find bad spawns (stuck under foundations, in walls, etc.).
2. Objects out of line that cause problems with game play, such as bridge parts that do not line up.
3. Numerous overlapped objects at exactly the same level causing some very annoying flickering when a very minute difference in elevation or horizontal location of each object eliminates the flickering.
4. Missing objects, such as several maps for DM that I have found no Deathmatch spawn sites on, but only the Start Player spawns that the map maker used to test it in Single Player mode.
5. Objects that cause errors such as the System Dump Error, that the E50ETK 50 Cal Emplaced weapon on ETEK1 causes, but replacing it with a 50 Cal tripod solves the problem.
6. Or any other problem or glitche on a map that needs fixing.
7. AND if you ever have your hard drive crash as I did, before you made backup copies of your map .mis files, you will need the .bms to .mis converter to salvage you own maps, if you only posted the .bms file and not the .mis with it.

Personally, I have started to include the .mis file in the uploaded .zip file, so if you see something that you need to fix, update, replace, or even convert to another game type (such as DM to TDM, or CTF, etc.) GO FOR IT! Just leave my name on it as the original author and HAVE FUN!

Old 07-09-2006, 03:19 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Not on my my maps, if theres a glitch its a player looking for them, and abusing them..

No offence, but what gives you the right to revert my map and to edit stuff? By releasing the map i only grant people the right to host and play it, and thats it.
Modifying will be done by myself unless stated otherwise. It says in the readme.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 07-10-2006, 09:20 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

Maps with mistakes or glitches.

>"Modifying will be done by myself unless stated otherwise. It says in the readme."

In such cases I would simply send the downloaded map to the Recycle Bin. I have been making maps way too long (105 for LW alone) to need someone else's that may or may not have mistakes or glitches that need fixing, and have an author upset if I fixed it before hosting it. That is your perogative.

But as for my maps, if you find a mistake (which, I fine tune for hours to eliminate before posting), then by all means fix it, if you know how. My .mis file will be included with every DFX map that I post, all I ask is that you leave my name as author on the .mis file. Plus if you want my map in the another game type than I made it for, feel free to use the .mis file to convert it to the game type that you prefer.

Secondly, correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe "OWNERSHIP" belongs to the map Author, as every object on it is a copywrited graphics belonging to NOVALOGIC. We as map makers, are luckily given permission to use THEIR objects to rearrange and make a personal map, for ourselves, and/or to share with others if we so choose.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:33 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Well if you edit 1 thing on and map or very little practically you shouldnt change the name or claim it as yours.Now if you change like half the map its ok!Anyways if you are to edit someones map i think your should put a / then your name.As for the title change in to Example. Dogs House 2 if it was Dogs House 1 or put your tags after it with theres.

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 07-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by katana*GFR*
Not on my my maps, if theres a glitch its a player looking for them, and abusing them..

No offence, but what gives you the right to revert my map and to edit stuff? By releasing the map i only grant people the right to host and play it, and thats it.
Modifying will be done by myself unless stated otherwise. It says in the readme.
if you know your map has no error in it then you don't have thing to think about, it mostly not get edited at all anyways.

i seen a lot of maps made were people are new at it think its a flat ground area and don't look at the buildings up close to see half of it is in the air and not 100% seal on the ground.

there are:

90% newbies map makers (don't know a thing about making maps up).
4% great map makers.
6% super map makers.

most of the maps i download from type of sites, i seen more newbie maps! then i seen some outstanding maps. a great map maker would always double check-it up close if there any bad spots.

a newbie would slap it together not knowing there are other tools to use in the NILE or Map editor. i hate quickies maps.

i seen your maps they are not that bad at all, in some case you have done a great job on them.

look this tool is being made to help real map makers out to recover their lost maps mis files.

no more flaming about the subject it going to be made ether here or another site will have it posted up.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM
NateDoggzDotUU is offline NateDoggzDotUU

I am working on a map tool for extreme. I am coding it in C and using Hex Workshop I have a thread started in the programming section.