Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 04-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Email transfer

Okay, this may sound silly, but I've had enough of my umm... let's say, Hotmail address. Not that I hate Hotmail, but I want to change the name on it and I can't unfortunately, leaving my only option to actually create a new email address.

I was wondering, rather than fowarding every email to my ''new'' email account, is it possible to have them all transfered (along with contact lists) to my new account?

Thanks.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will thats the thing with MSN E-mails account your basic stuck with the e-mail you made up to work with your MS Live Messenger service.

you make up a new one then you need to sign in with a new log-in name with your Live MS messenger service as will for said e-mail account.

i basic don't use my hotmail.com all the time for the reason it get loaded with junk from hell e-mails.

really wish there was a option to start a new e-mail account and delete the old e-mail account totally and still use the Live messenger with all your buddys on it.

funny to think on one hand MS says they are anti-adware? but they get so many adware type ads e-mails going into their e-mails service hotmail.com and msn.com e-mails servers some times i think they really don't care at all they have a crapy service and people are tire of it all together
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-06-2007, 04:28 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
after the in depth responce from cheif, yes it sucks you can't change emails, but you're not able to anywhere.
in regards to transfering your whole contact list to your new email, it is very possible!, to save them all, on the messenger bar, click - Contacts - Save Contact list, I do every fortnight or so, just incase I get hacked again, useful

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo