Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2004, 10:26 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sadly that's war.

As some of you will know by now three members of the Black Watch who are on duty in Iraq have been killed by a bomb. This is dreadful news and my feelings go out to their families at this terrible loss.

However I have just heard one of the uncles of one of these men on the radio attacking President Bush and Prime Minister Blair for the sad deaths of these soldiers, I cannot agree with his statements as being a soldier always carrys the risk of death by enemy action at some time or other. I lost two good friends when I was in the army but they as well as I, new the risks we where expected to take when we signed on.

Being in any armed force carrys's certain risks but to blame politicians for the actions of our enemy's only gives the enemy a determination to attack again. No one wants war but it is part of our civilisation and these poor souls are just the latest victims of yet another conflict.

If they had not persished in this war in Iraq, rest assured that there is always some where else where a conflict will involve British and American forces serving side by side and sharing that dreadful risk and being a soldier puts you in the front line.

The rights and the wrongs of this war or any other war don't matter, what matters is that the allies defeat these insurgents, stabilise Iraq and then bring all our service men and women home as soon as possible.

Regards