Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-20-2002, 03:36 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Angry SITTING ON RESPAWN POINT.

Hey all,

First off let me say this post is not a moan or a whinge but, it's something i think is, to say the least very unfair. I had a guy join my server and promptly sit himself on a respawn point. He just stayed there and picked off players as they spawned. Now I find this shall we say un-gentlemanly conduct? So I asked him politely to quit doing it and move off to give all players a fair chance. His reply was "F**K YOU" and "What are you gonna do about it?" So I asked again politely and explained why and got the same response so, I used the bozo filter to shut him up and then asked a third time would he move? Finally I punted him and fortunately he did not come back. Is this called "raping the spawn point"? Does it happen often? As I said I'm not moaning but I have never come across this before. I dealt with it but I am curious to see how many of you have had a similar problem.

Thx
BADDOG

YOU CAN'T OUTRUN DEATH BUT YOU CAN MAKE SURE SOME BASTARD WORKS HARD FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANON

Old 06-20-2002, 05:52 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I don't think there is anything wrong with spawn raping. I do it all the time. That's how alot of people play.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-20-2002, 06:43 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
its a bit unfair, but ppl who play fair dont win lol. i hate rapers and these guys know that. im ive ever in the situation of raping ( not often ) i do actually run off.

id say that if one guy was sitting on a spawn and he was getting so many kills, that the map was poorly made i.e. not enough spawns. surely if he was so close to the spawn u could use spawn armour and kill him easily?

ur situation does sound a little different than raping as usually raping is more in team games. i think ur talking about a dm gaem? if one guy can rape in a dm game then hes good or damn right sneaky. what kind of position was the spawn in?
Old 06-20-2002, 07:08 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool RE: SITTING ON SPAWN POINT.

Hi Panther &SteviB,

Thanks for the comment's guys. I didn't know it was a legitimate tactic to do this. So NP I'll deal with it and take it as part of the game. As for the location of the spawn point, I think on this particular map there are 2 spawns close together so that may be why this was happening. As for this guy it was more his attitude than what he was doing that annoyed the other players as well as myself. Thank's again for your input on this.

BADDOG
ENGLAND.

WAR IS LIKE A DOG......AND THE BITCH IS IN HEAT AGAIN!!!!

BERTOLD BRECTH

Old 06-20-2002, 05:28 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I know some ppl dont like it when im raping, but thats how I play really. That's how I learned playing and that's what im best at. I find if im not close to the enemy base killing alot then I get bored of the game really fast and end up leaving. I need to be where the most action is. Sitting around looking for people and only seeing 1 person everyone minute will get me very board.

Old 06-20-2002, 07:35 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
The main reason why people don't like spawn raping in multiplay is that many games don't have spawn armour fitted as standard to the game programming.
In DFLW you have about 6 seconds invulnerability after you spawn unless you dishcharge a weapon. Previous to .37 you could use your knife and remain invulnerable but this is no longer the case.
I imagine that the majority of players who find base raping a real bind are those that are not aware of this.

In MoH for instance there is no spawn armour and I found very quickly why people hate 'campers' when I had a quick whizz on that.
In MoH the campers spawn, take a few steps back and just kill people the second they appear in front of them.
In these fast quake style DMs the chance of you surviving long enough to go find the guy who just spawn raped you is very low and so I found that a lot of the people coming top had done nothing but press their back arrow twice and clicked Mouse1 for half an hour.
(why why why?)

Its isn't the same in DFLW though and base rapist can be reasonably easily despatched provided they are not super-power played like Panther in which case 6 seconds is usually enough time on a well designed map to dive for cover.

In terms of legitimacy of tactics, it really is a case of YOUR server, YOUR rules and if you don't like it then #punt away.
Hosting can be as satisfying as playing well if you can maintain a fun server people want to come back to. Don't be concerned if you feel the need to punt someone who would get away with their style of play elsewhere. You dont like it. You dont have to take it.
Just as snipers dont have to come and play in servers where its smal customs and SAWs ago-go, base rapists don't have to come to your server.

I agree with Panther though. If I could get away with it I would circle spawn all day LOL

Old 06-20-2002, 07:55 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Amen

Old 06-21-2002, 01:36 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

same thing whith ghost recon, spawns all over and in the open. u can kill em soon as they appear, i believe u can get shot b4 u even get control of ur player.
Old 06-22-2002, 07:11 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
Yeh bloody annoying that in Ghost Recon....Expecially with Friendly kills. Once I had a total fool on my team standing in the bushes with his gun and murdering me and my other team member as soon as we spawned.....GRRRRRRR
Old 06-22-2002, 07:23 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile RE:RESPAWN POINT.

Hi Guys,

Interesting points about this respawn thing. As the host I just like every 1 to come in and have fun and I like every 1 to have a fair crack at the game. For the most part the players I get on my server are fair minded guys/gals so it's not a major problem. I will deal with it on a game by game basis and see how it goes. As long as I state the general rules which I apply when I'm hosting then I don't see a problem.
Thanks again for your feedback and advice guys.

BADDOG
ENGLAND

Old 06-22-2002, 08:13 AM

I think spawn raping is a major part of the game....especially for snipers....coz if u snipe where there is no action it can get VERY boring....
Old 06-22-2002, 09:38 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

no offence but if u think sniping is boring, u should be a gunner :/

sniping is a lonely business
Old 06-22-2002, 11:45 PM

Hey...the lonelynes is a good thing when you got over 5000 deaths, less people that can kill u.....
Old 06-23-2002, 01:44 AM
~FB~Ghandi is offline ~FB~Ghandi

HIHO !!!!

SR is a part of the game and in a lot of good maps the makers put 2 little effort in the spawns they place 1 bunker with 1 entrance and then complains about SR its all about map design spread spawn out make move cover close 2 spawns then the problem is over ..
Also i see many times players complain SR even thou I'm 400m away from there spawn WELL we cant all be snipers all the time ... how far away do you have 2 be before its not spawn SR ?????

BUT its you server you decide what is allowed but if the maps is poorly made then its hard not 2 spawn SR il say it 1 more time its all about map makers putting more time in the spawns spread them out and place more cower close 2 them

Old 06-23-2002, 04:25 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

totally right Ghandi

SORT UR MAPS OUT PEEPS!!!! hehe

i dont think i realised that much when i used to make lots of maps, mainly cause i havent played more than 1/2 of the ones ive made.

i'm sure gonna make some kick ass maps for TFD
Old 06-23-2002, 05:45 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool RE: SITTING ON SPAWN POINTS.

Hey All,

I can see what GHANDI PR means!!!! Now I'm getting into this map making business I'm making damn sure there is a lot of cover around the spawn point. The maps I first encountered this spawn thing on were maps I had down loaded so I'm not responsible for them. I'm still on a learning curve in map building so I guess I will make mistakes like this but, again it's all good experience and a lot of fun!!!! I've learned one thing for sure though........fire first, fire fast and get the other guy lol lol lol lol!!!!!

BADDOG
ENGLAND

LIVE FAST......DIE YOUNG......AND HAVE A GOOD LOOKING CORPSE!!!!!

AL CAPONE!