Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

*.trn

Is there a Dave61.cpt and Dave61.trn around the place anywhere?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Come again?

Old 04-28-2010, 02:40 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Is there a Dave61.cpt and Dave61.trn around the place anywhere?
No ... but there is a Dave61.env

And I'll have a Dave61_Apache.aip soon ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dave61 enviroment.zip (1.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-29-2010, 01:46 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

I would be most interested dave, I have done my own, if I can find it again....grrr!
once it comes back I'll post it up...even if it can act like an actual AH64
Old 04-29-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
No ... but there is a Dave61.env

And I'll have a Dave61_Apache.aip soon ...

Isn't that ENV included with DFX2? It is in mine and I don't remember inserting it
Old 04-29-2010, 05:45 AM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Isn't that ENV included with DFX2? It is in mine and I don't remember inserting it
No... it's mine ... I made it.

It was included with the OPERATION:BIG EARS map if you downloaded it.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:31 AM

Oh. No worries, I have had a look with a binary text editor and it looks configurable but I don,t know much about the syntax etc. Wac files are easier but I am still having trouble with them running smoothly and wacs don,t seem to work in BHD
Old 04-29-2010, 02:42 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
I would be most interested dave, I have done my own, if I can find it again....grrr!
once it comes back I'll post it up...even if it can act like an actual AH64
Been have difficulties with the chase distances on the Apache.aip ... if left as is ( before editing ) the AIP made the Apache wander from the assigned waypoints. I edited the chase distances so now it at least follows the waypoints more closely, but it glitches alittle on firing missles.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Oh. No worries, I have had a look with a binary text editor and it looks configurable but I don,t know much about the syntax etc. Wac files are easier but I am still having trouble with them running smoothly and wacs don,t seem to work in BHD
The .env file was edited with notepad. I used the R;G;B Dec codes to set the colors. You'll find that the .env is very user friendly. Each of the blocks of color settings are in 2 hour increments.
However, you'll also see the discriptions (example:sky, fog, ground & cloud colors) may not exactly match the settings you're trying to make, it's trial and error to find the correct settings.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:27 AM

If the map screws it persists and you have to start from scratch
Old 04-30-2010, 03:04 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
If the map screws it persists and you have to start from scratch
Not really sure what you're talking about ?!?

My Dave61.env shouldn't be screwing up your map ... it has been tested in both DFX & DFX:2 .

If you have a file screwing up your map ... just remove the suspected file and export it again ... LOL ... no need to ever start from scratch.

Starting from scratch should always be the very last thing you try !!!

That is ... unless you've made an error in your map ...

Last edited by dave61; 04-30-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
Not really sure what you're talking about ?!?

My Dave61.env shouldn't be screwing up your map ... it has been tested in both DFX & DFX:2 .

If you have a file screwing up your map ... just remove the suspected file and export it again ... LOL ... no need to ever start from scratch.

Starting from scratch should always be the very last thing you try !!!

That is ... unless you've made an error in your map ...
Sorry mixed myself up a bit, bit off topic but what I meant was that Say I change an area trigger number it seems to fail to work ie. I tried to copy over a map to make a better version and had to change things like waypoints and area triggers and whamo, I have to start again, example Rooftop Down (BHD)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rooftop Down.zip (14.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM

Important Bad landing

Quote:
Sorry mixed myself up a bit, bit off topic but what I meant was that Say I change an area trigger number it seems to fail to work ie. I tried to copy over a map to make a better version and had to change things like way-points and area triggers and whamo, I have to start again, example Rooftop Down (BHD)
Got the area trigger working for the infil helo to explode but now it won't land on the roof correctly and sinks down into it and shudders.
Tried WP z events in various flavors to no avail, it was ok before?...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rooftop Down rev_2.zip (15.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-02-2010, 02:44 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Got the area trigger working for the infil helo to explode but now it won't land on the roof correctly and sinks down into it and shudders.
Tried WP z events in various flavors to no avail, it was ok before?...
I believe that an items attributes changes after it has been destroyed making it unstable. Most destroyed vehicles usually fall partially below the ground level when destroyed.

Last edited by dave61; 05-02-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:13 AM

Ah, well being destroyed in the previous run of the mis causes this? for all future plays?
The helo infil in this mis is important so perhaps I will have to just think of something else. I've tried to send it home before and a permanent glitch was preventing that also (have regularly sent them home by redirect event with a time delay, may have to rebuild in a fresh map. It is also this map that I am using as a basis for a DeathMatch Mis. First time I considered Multiplayer maps. but they are a hell of a lot easier. I am leaving the AI in and it works a treat. I am trying out win and lose conditions to make a 4 player Deathmatch with the first person to blow away the other three before they regen or they are all dead (NPC's come into play here) wins- Too hard?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:46 AM

Without doubt BHD was the best pc game ever, it had stuff that now, years later those who work with the wac/nile only dream about, but Nova thought all that was to difficult or to expensive and deleted most of it to concentrate on this nova world stuff, getting lots of young gamers(prospective recruits) having 'fun'.
Old farts like me! and others here, see it as the "future of entertainment" and of conflict
the real fun was in BHD, the rest have been shoddy mods or updates of that game, although the tech in graphics has improved a lot, managing that tech has cost nova way too much.....wait and see!!!
"M"
Old 05-04-2010, 02:38 AM

I want to keep it (BHD) forever and hope the forum can last as well.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:51 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
Without doubt BHD was the best pc game ever, it had stuff that now, years later those who work with the wac/nile only dream about, but Nova thought all that was to difficult or to expensive and deleted most of it to concentrate on this nova world stuff, getting lots of young gamers(prospective recruits) having 'fun'.
Old farts like me! and others here, see it as the "future of entertainment" and of conflict
the real fun was in BHD, the rest have been shoddy mods or updates of that game, although the tech in graphics has improved a lot, managing that tech has cost nova way too much.....wait and see!!!
"M"
I agree, any DFX mod you'll find uses the BHD items ... you'd think NOVA would have figured that out when they did their remake of DFX into DFX2. No surprise, look how fast DFX2 has died.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 AM

Targets like us

OMG....I actually agree with you Dave...lol
in the Club Med under "Targets like us" I've upped
assets from BHD or mods similer, namely the Scud trucks the Loco and more recently the UN supplies, (and getting lots of D/L's too considering we are a club of 4..lol)

Getting it to look right in DFX/DFX2 was trial and error in the end I used the freebee Irfan, which I grabbed the dds to jpeg double in size, sharpen and darken by 50% contrast down 25%, then back to .dds, it's not as good but will do for me, afterall these are targets and are useally in a rough condition.
the 3di are converted in the basic way to JO/DFX.
Guys it's almost like these assets are 16 bit and we are now in the 64/128 bit world, it could be possible to convert the WHOLE game(ASSETS) to DFX2 world, but would you really want too?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:56 AM

Could you get to and use the wire-frames to lay new texture types without altering the assets' properties?