Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
chrispy

why do you what some one to go over broad and reg a file to was not made that way? it may make error, when they use a map editor to make changes to their own maps.?

your asking to much of them.

basic you every use a BMS2MIS in the pass for other games?

it change them over that it. semple two steps
select file joeblow.bms
convert to joeblow.mis

your asking to much for a free item.
================================================== ==
the df xtreme map editor may see the joeblow.mis file and say it unreadable more headackes for him to work on.

its taken him a super long time to get it done, and now you asking him to do more math to get a block auth-name added to a bms file? you know your more then welcome to make it up as will too chrispy all the time and hours put into it as will like he has.

i be more then happy what every version he come up with as long it done with, and thank him for all the man hours with the headackes making it happen.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
Chief, listen to me carefully.

Who said I asked him to make a Map Editor? I was making a suggestion for the BMS2MIS tool he was making.

I said that it would've been a good idea for the tool if someone for example converted the .bms, to .mis using the tool, and that the Creator box was somehow greyed out, so the doofuses can't change it, and claim it as theirs. AND the thing that greyed it out, would be the BMS2MIS tool, not a Map Editor tool.

Do you get what I'm saying? God...

Chris
i take it you never use a bms2mis tool in the pass for other games? there is no option to for it to change the author name. it change the whole file from one type to another type thats all.

there are basic most case only 1 or 2 buttons to press
[bms] or [mis] in bms2mis software.
there never been a option to change the author or map maker name. in BMS2MIS
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-17-2007 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Dude, it was simply a suggestion. The guy asked for suggestions, didn't he? I have every right to make a suggestion. I don't even think my suggestion is over-exaggerated or anything...

And I have used a BMS2MIS utility before too BTW.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Chief ADFP

i'll leave it at that.

it would have been better if novalogic, inc made the map edited to export bms file with a security password so they only can be use and not converted without the author name and password to be use.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:51 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Thats very true, and why i suggested instead of reworking this program someone could make a seperate program that you would run on your .BMS that would somehow encode something that cannot be changed, is not visible to either the game or a bms2mis but remains with the file if ran through a bms to mis. if such a program was made then you wouldnt need to worry about it.

ofcourse thats a pipedream for anyone thats afraid someone will steal your work, and thats not an issue because you have proof the map is yours by the date when it was added to a map database.

Lets say someone took my sig out of 1 of my dflw maps at dfbarracks or here, submitted it as theirs and i ran across it or someone told me about it, i would PM an admin give urls to the 2 maps and politly request the copy be removed and the offending party get a warning or banned if further maps uploaded are found to be stolen. case closed no worries, no fight, no nothing.

As i stated before as well, this makes a great tool if you lose your mis or accidently overwrite it(done that myself a few times) and also gives you the ability to see how ceartain events and such is done to help new mapmakers learn these things.

Also if you have a server and use others maps and notice something messed up you can easily fix, then theres no harm done to the original mapmaker if you fix it and not release it as a new version but have it on your server alone. We at WTF have done that several times for our DFLW server, such as in one map a bio case was so well hidden people wouldnt get it and then everyone would leave because theres no end to the map, no ai left. so we moved it forward half a meter and it was visible and the map always ended from then on out. or another that would sysdump because 8 players would join and not 4, we removed 4 ai from the map that were out in the open and never killed anyone anyway, and no dumps. easy small fixes that in no way shape or form changes the original map from the mapmakers intentions. we ofcourse send the mapmaker a message stating we did that and if he would like we will send the mis and on the few that we recieved a response it was always a positive one.

In other words make the BMS2MIS!

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 04-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Jckl is offline Jckl

I pretty much have it all done and now its under testing and review before i release.

http://www.projekt6.com
http://www.SteadfastWebSolutions.com - Need web development or Hosting? Visit us!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Chief ADFP

Xx_jet_xX
thanks your input was right on the money
Quote:
Thats very true, and why i suggested instead of reworking this program someone could make a seperate program that you would run on your .BMS that would somehow encode something that cannot be changed, is not visible to either the game or a bms2mis but remains with the file if ran through a bms to mis. if such a program was made then you wouldnt need to worry about it.
i would name it like
"dfxsealbms.exe"
Old 04-22-2007, 06:44 AM
meeshu is offline meeshu

Wink

Thanks for your update and hard work!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jckl
I pretty much have it all done and now its under testing and review before i release.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

There is one problem that fred found for me that i need to work out. Other than that it is ready to go. Here are 2 screenshots of the app itself.

If anyone has any information on how the Z value is saved in the bms file then that would help me get this fixed. If not ill need to try and figure out how it is saved.

http://www.SteadfastWebSolutions.com - Need web development or Hosting? Visit us!

Last edited by Jckl; 04-23-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Coopwarriors is offline Coopwarriors

Send a message via ICQ to Coopwarriors Send a message via AIM to Coopwarriors Send a message via Yahoo to Coopwarriors
i think pappy frome novasheep can help when he have time he knows a lot of thins to make tools this is his site
http://www.squadronxchange.com/novasheep/home.asp
Old 04-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

I tried to email him but i got no answer. I also have him on ICQ from long ago but i never see him on.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:08 PM

Contact Q-Dad~TAG at http://txpgone3d.com/, he has alot of experiance with stuff of this nature, he may know or know someone who can help you with thi8s.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 04-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

well i sat down and figured out my problem with the Z value and it is working as far as i have tested so i am gonna have fred test it again to and i am gonna work on little things that i dont have converting. Anyways hopefully soon it will be ready.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:21 PM

Will this work on modded DFX as well?

WTF-Squad

Old 04-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

I dont have any mods but Fred said that it did work with the mod he uses. They way it works shouldnt matter if there is a mod or not. The items are saved by unique id's and not names.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Chief ADFP

sounds great
Old 04-26-2007, 01:37 AM
motorfreak is offline motorfreak

get it finished. i have some ideas what to do with damn critters in maps
Old 04-26-2007, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motorfreak
get it finished. i have some ideas what to do with damn critters in maps
LMFAOOO and we know what mod your talking about. anyway i dont advocate using a tool like this and changing a map and claiming it yours, but i do say fix maps for your server if minor adjustments will fix problems or make it better for your server.

WTF-Squad

Old 04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
motorfreak is offline motorfreak

at least the converter breaks the monopoly of some mapmakers. everybody can do what he wants. put critters out or change items as you wish. maybe in the end you can modify the maps for JO which lacks good maps. who cares.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:54 PM

there is no monopoly for mapmakers, their just the ones who use the med and submit their work. as far as adjusting a map to suit your needs to host on your server wont be a problem, but changing a map and claiming its yours is wrong.

now there is a point to where you can change a map and claim its yours, and that would be stating that its a modded version of the original. if you do this, get permission first, and give credit for the original with a link to its download.

WTF-Squad

Old 04-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

I am actually not for ripping off someone elses maps. Also there is no monopoly as you can take the time to learn how to do things just as the next guy.