Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Jckl is offline Jckl

the old bms file has the same structure but most things are in different places in that file.

http://www.projekt6.com
http://www.SteadfastWebSolutions.com - Need web development or Hosting? Visit us!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Coopwarriors is offline Coopwarriors

Send a message via ICQ to Coopwarriors Send a message via AIM to Coopwarriors Send a message via Yahoo to Coopwarriors
so far no news bms to mis i see ? well i lost my mis file.my pc whas crash i hoop some 1 still work on it ?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

i have a converter that can convert the general info and the items. I figured out all the events but i need to add the code to the program. After that i may release a beta but we will see as i am pretty busy.

http://www.SteadfastWebSolutions.com - Need web development or Hosting? Visit us!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Coopwarriors Send a message via AIM to Coopwarriors Send a message via Yahoo to Coopwarriors
hi Jckl is good to hear you still work on it. take you time m8 .
my bms file will not lost lol
normally I dont need the tools to make maps. but to make new xtreme maps are differently.
then to make delta force dagger maps

Last edited by Coopwarriors; 04-09-2007 at 03:27 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:27 AM
Jckl is offline Jckl

ok i have everything that is important other than descriptions and i need to find water color and the little map zoom which i figure the zoom and the descriptions are not that important right now so i just need to get the water color and then i can release a beta. I also need to make the user friendly part of the app so you can figure out how to use it Anyways ill try to work that out this week.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:12 PM

a strange question. can you make a code to make no copy from some 1 els maps to mis file .but only mis file from you own maps ?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
To do that the map will need to be made a bms with the program so it will have the right key. and personaly i dont see a good reason for anything of that nature. How many times have you wanted to know how a mapmaker did something in there map and the person is not available to tell you? or have a map with a slight error in it that you know how to fix but the mapmaker isnt around to do it?

Having a bms 2 mis is a great tool for learning how complicated maps are done, fixing minor errors in a map that you could post a comment on their map download explaining the problem and how you fixed it incase the mapmaker looks, as well as retrieving your own lost mis. I personaly add an .mis when i upload mine just for the above reasons.

Anyway Its not like maps get stolen all that often and its easy to prove it was if it did happen (map database is all the proof needed).

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 04-12-2007, 06:02 AM

it was simply an idea nothing more
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 PM

And without ideas then we wont get anywhere will we.

I think having something that will embed the makers name into the .bms like a watermark that the converter and the med ignores and makes a new .bms with that intact would be a better solution. especialy if they try to overwrite the watermark the program wont do it, giving an error saying mark already exists and displays the name.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 04-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Try and make it so that when you convert a .bms to an .mis in the ''General Information'' window the ''Creator'' area where you put in your name is greyed out; so no-one can change it and put their name in.

The bad thing is, if the creator of your map wanted you to finish his map or whatever (this is if he didn't have the .mis and you had to convert the .bms), then the person who was editting it can't put his/her name in the Creator box. But you can always put your name in a text file or something and .zip the map files up...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Uber-Pirate is offline Uber-Pirate

i really hope those ideas are possible otherwise im a little worried that this will usher in a new age of shameless map pirating
Old 04-13-2007, 11:18 PM

That would require a new med to do it that way. and like i said maps dont get pirated all that often and is easily proven.

WTF-Squad

Old 04-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
Try and make it so that when you convert a .bms to an .mis in the ''General Information'' window the ''Creator'' area where you put in your name is greyed out; so no-one can change it and put their name in.

The bad thing is, if the creator of your map wanted you to finish his map or whatever (this is if he didn't have the .mis and you had to convert the .bms), then the person who was editting it can't put his/her name in the Creator box. But you can always put your name in a text file or something and .zip the map files up...

Chris
chris this been talk about a long time.

the thing is he trying to make a map converter! not a map editer.
its done in 2sec then you have a mis file to use with a map editor or nile editor

he not making a map editer.

if it was blankout auth the mis would not be able to be use. mis mustbe use as is. without error

by the way chris; like to play you in DF: Xtreme server any time with you that if you even own the game at all.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-13-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Jckl is offline Jckl

I have a working bms to mis. I have someone testing it right now and i would like to get a few others but i dont want to do that until i get the interface done. Right now it just has enough needed to function and can be confusing.

On the topic of protecting the maps, this is probably more than its worth since you would need some type of encryption most likely and then for the map to be loaded someone would need the app to decrypt it or the game would need to. Otherwise a watermark is a good idea but simply changed by a hex editor and the map creator is not hard to find at all. Also adding to the .bms file may cause a sysdump in the game.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i heard some one has made the bms lock so it can't be change over something to the copy right of it, some party's in the pass long ago said they was able to secure the bms from others from ripping their hard work off.

basic they made the map after they was finish with it they then lock it from being converted over some how. with a 3rd party item

1.) map editor make map
2.) when done save to bms file
3.) then use a item (unknown) to secure it from being ripoff. a converter can't be use them.

only heard some say they was able to do it. sorry don't know all the details wish i did. think it was ether DFBHD map maker or DFLW

simple coveter be ok

game name: DF: Xtreme
[BMS] to [MIS]

convert ether way

file name: dfxbms2mis.exe
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-14-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:28 AM

I agree a simple converter would be ok. great learning tool for med beginners as well as help for those unfortunate enough to lose there mis. I know alot of mapmakers who are very interested in having one including myself.

as far as a watermark goes, i believe it could be added and not cause a sysdump. but i dont think it should be an added feature for this handy utility, but a seperate program for those who fear having there maps ripped. (read that CB?)

If you need more help testing the program after you get the interface set, i have a few maps ive made and wouldnt mind testing and comparing the results for you.

WTF-Squad

Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

ok well during the testing i ran into a problem i am tring to sort out but have not got it yet. I am not sure how the game even reads this part but hopfully ill be able to figure it out and get it working.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

I have got a method that works to solve my last problem. Back to testing and doing the interface.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:40 PM

if you whant i like to help to testing the tool this is my e.mail f.vandermeulen@coopwarriors.demon.nl
when ther still pb i tell it and i will send the tool back and now 1 will have it frome me
Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
chris this been talk about a long time.

the thing is he trying to make a map converter! not a map editer.
its done in 2sec then you have a mis file to use with a map editor or nile editor

he not making a map editer.

if it was blankout auth the mis would not be able to be use. mis mustbe use as is. without error

by the way chris; like to play you in DF: Xtreme server any time with you that if you even own the game at all.
Chief, listen to me carefully.

Who said I asked him to make a Map Editor? I was making a suggestion for the BMS2MIS tool he was making.

I said that it would've been a good idea for the tool if someone for example converted the .bms, to .mis using the tool, and that the Creator box was somehow greyed out, so the doofuses can't change it, and claim it as theirs. AND the thing that greyed it out, would be the BMS2MIS tool, not a Map Editor tool.

Do you get what I'm saying? God...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black