Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:11 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Plain Editing DFX2 .wav files

I've come up with a fairly original build using the WAC to really boost things and ready to publish but need a few questions answered first please...
Is it ok to edit GZ2.wav files (cut and paste to rearrange the original words into different sentences) in DFX2?
If so how could I make them available for download with their respective Missions?
Can I include my own or copyright sounds you buy?
Has anyone else got a bunch of generic type waves?

Last edited by Guest001; 05-13-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:28 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
I've come up with a fairly original build using the WAC to really boost things and ready to publish but need a few questions answered first please...
Is it ok to edit GZ2.wav files (cut and paste to rearrange the original words into different sentences) in DFX2?
If so how could I make them available for download with their respective Missions?
Can I include my own or copyright sounds you buy?
Has anyone else got a bunch of generic type waves?
Check out the uploaded DFX2 maps made by Spinney, Gorlosky and Navigator.

Those guys have either included their own wave files or have used another site for download of wave files they made for use in their maps.

I'm not sure about using copied & edited waves from the DFX2 software, seems like alot of trouble when you could just as easy record your own wave files. And not really sure if it is legal to edit copywrited material and submit it as another file without consent of NOVA.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Over at the Med Club /Wav's of interest. are some wavs of the pc game SOF in mp3 format you need to convert to .wav drop to game dir.

Try http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/index.html

Not sure you may have to un_zip dfx2 wav files with BFC1 extractor if not, lucky you

Although this post is directed at you many others will read and gleam from it....sic!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
Check out the uploaded DFX2 maps made by Spinney, Gorlosky and Navigator.

Those guys have either included their own wave files or have used another site for download of wave files they made for use in their maps.

I'm not sure about using copied & edited waves from the DFX2 software, seems like alot of trouble when you could just as easy record your own wave files. And not really sure if it is legal to edit copyrighted material and submit it as another file without consent of NOVA.
True and as I thought but I noticed that when you look at the wave form in Audacity (excellent free sound confobulator) it has definite flatline spaces to enable easy cut and splice and the GZ2.wav series male voice is excellent as a commander, instilling trust not fear.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
Over at the Med Club /Wav's of interest. are some wavs of the pc game SOF in mp3 format you need to convert to .wav drop to game dir.

Try http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/index.html

Not sure you may have to un_zip dfx2 wav files with BFC1 extractor if not, lucky you

Although this post is directed at you many others will read and gleam from it....sic!
That's great! I didn't realize I could access club med files at all.

And so if I had bought a sound file(s), Nova would not mind me mapping with them included?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:01 AM
ShadowZ is offline ShadowZ
Chick Magnet(?)

Just what exactly are your trying to do here? I'm don't quite follow...
Old 05-15-2010, 12:17 AM

I have extracted a few words from - "GZ2 There is the.wav" and "GZ2 Mount up we.wav",
to get "GZ2_Mountup_straybullet.wav", with the vocals saying ("Mount Up For Stray Bullet!"), The name of the Map/Mission is "Stray Bullet.".
Old 05-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Custom sound files for your Stray Bullet are a waste of time, for the millie seconds they play, your text and consul directions are GREAT.
Your ability to map, leads a lot to be desired.
quote:
Object: Destroy fuel tanks and eliminate hostiles. There are no civilians in this area. Use lethal force at will. You will have the assistance of a local operative. WAC enhanced..unquote

Is great but until you conquor the bin file, players will get an empty space when they push the "G" button, for bin file support see dave61 site
Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Custom sound files for your Stray Bullet are a waste of time, for the millie seconds they play, your text and consul directions are GREAT.
Your ability to map, leads a lot to be desired.
quote:
Object: Destroy fuel tanks and eliminate hostiles. There are no civilians in this area. Use lethal force at will. You will have the assistance of a local operative. WAC enhanced..unquote

Is great but until you conquor the bin file, players will get an empty space when they push the "G" button, for bin file support see dave61 site
I sure am a nube, that's why I've tried to create a social group called "Advancing Newbies"...it's still a lot of fun and I am far ahead of most people I know when it comes to things like mapping. Critism is good and exactly what I am after. Hopefully in time to come I can produce a fully working map.
Stomp
Old 05-16-2010, 05:45 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Stomp,

I've got a great bin file maker complete with easy to understand instuctions .bin file converter and everything on my med help website.

Click here to visit my DFX MED help page

The .bin file gives you the ability to create custom subgoal wins/loses, name waypoints and name the AI, create briefings ...etc...
Old 05-17-2010, 05:55 AM

That explains it

"Stomp,
I've got a great bin file maker..."

That explains why I would get the little applet in 205c saying "...............n't load BIN file."!

Last edited by Guest001; 05-17-2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: After Thought...
Old 05-17-2010, 03:01 PM
ShadowZ is offline ShadowZ
Chick Magnet(?)

You might also want to look into using the BFC1 compressor tools to conserve disk space (lowers download time too).
Old 05-17-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowZ View Post
You might also want to look into using the BFC1 compressor tools to conserve disk space (lowers download time too).
Will do so, Thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 01:52 AM

For the last few years Loquendo has been working very secretly on the emotionel component of TTS voices, they still suck big time but in a pinch can be used effectivly
say in a battlefield background, over a radio or in a noisy envoirenment.
I got into this years ago when a money_man didn't want to bring a star for a voice over
to save costs, so used fake voices to convey 'the message' needless to say he went bust, but you can use these fake voices in modern gaming called TTS voices.

Stomps idea of RE_EDITING nova sound files is very interesting indeed, although is a lot of work for the milli seconds it is required.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
For the last few years Loquendo has been working very secretly on the emotionel component of TTS voices, they still suck big time but in a pinch can be used effectivly
say in a battlefield background, over a radio or in a noisy envoirenment.
I got into this years ago when a money_man didn't want to bring a star for a voice over
to save costs, so used fake voices to convey 'the message' needless to say he went bust, but you can use these fake voices in modern gaming called TTS voices.

Stomps idea of RE_EDITING nova sound files is very interesting indeed, although is a lot of work for the milli seconds it is required.
I would like to add atmosphere if possible and at extended periods would be good, as in a theme to set the hypothalamus churning, "bring it on", in a game sense.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:15 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Stomp,
Have you considered running the available sounds at random (like explosions, gunfire .....etc ...) ?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:54 AM

Task force dagger had some great distant (atmos) wavs, including my fav.
200001 (DIST BATTLE).wav
Getting these OLD Nova games gives YOU GREAT RESOURCES, and is one very easy way to improve ANY map.
In the club med /Manuals for Mappers see the 'book' "Are games more than fun".pdf
at the bottom also GUERRILLA WARFARE, just to get you BOTH started.....lol

But Stomp I suggets you ask very nicly for dave61 .mis file to his latest mission, whatever that was.....it's been SO LONG, just so you can see how it all flows,
I don't reccomend the tool that does it for you, it's it's junk!

"M"
Old 05-26-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
Stomp,
Have you considered running the available sounds at random (like explosions, gunfire .....etc ...) ?
Yes but still trying to master the WAC ...random sounds?
Can you still run other wave or text such as speech and tense music when danger is ahead,
along with background sounds continually changing during the MIS?

Yes? (Full-on magic. Long live the MED)
Old 05-26-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Task force dagger had some great distant (atmos) wavs, including my fav.
200001 (DIST BATTLE).wav
Getting these OLD Nova games gives YOU GREAT RESOURCES, and is one very easy way to improve ANY map.
In the club med /Manuals for Mappers see the 'book' "Are games more than fun".pdf
at the bottom also GUERRILLA WARFARE, just to get you BOTH started.....lol

But Stomp I suggets you ask very nicly for dave61 .mis file to his latest mission, whatever that was.....it's been SO LONG, just so you can see how it all flows,
I don't reccomend the tool that does it for you, it's it's junk!

"M"
Wouldn't mind taking some time out this weekend to have a go at a few maps.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:46 AM

In the end I had to shorten wave file sizes to be able to upload to NovaHQ within the data upload limit (Bummer)