Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Biggrin AoE1, AoE2: RoR

Fark, today was awesome. Me and Grenademan had went to play a skirmish online, on AoE1.

We played great online, and worked great as a team. Our first match was cool, and we won the match. I wasn't really good helping, and I turned out to be some heck of a defensive player as well - I was hardly attacking myself.

Grenademan was good enough to defend himself great though, and at the end, we both finished together. It was great. From time to time we gave each other resources that we need, and it was great ''combined arms support''.

On our second skirmish, we ended up playing for four hours, and then, it started to piss us off, so we ended it in a suicide battle. We unfortuantely lost, heh.

Some highlights were that my base, that got attacked by enemies, it was falling to bits... It was Grenademan, who came in, and helped me evacuate outta the place. I then built a base near his.

First time I played online in any RTS!

Now, tomorrow, we're gonna see if we can play AoE2 online. He's got his own grunty computer, but unfortunately, lacks an internet connection. He's got a family computer, which is less capable, but with the internet. So hopefully, AoE2 works... (really likely though)

Great teamwork day.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 05-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Ah yes indeed. A good game. First skirmish was rather average. Despite being allied, we didnt find each other until I did some serious scouting, stumbling into some other bases before finding Chris' settlement.

We advanced here there and everywhere, chatted up a storm, and then one of our allys, blue (computer) went on a rampage and started savaging everyone. This triggered some kind of...manical random assault with our enemies. I was in the process of prettying up my city by building a wonder when out of nowhere cavalry storm in and wreck everything. We slaughtered them and i just went back to normal. Then Chris starts getting attacked by the ravenous cavalry so we fight them off.

Eventually blue became the supremist and wiped out everyone. I sent in my cavalry and infantry to help mop up while Chris dispatched some lightly equipped units to spearhead the assault. We faced very little resistance once the final assault began, so the skirmish ended with little incident.

A little while later, we began a skirmish in the expansion. It started off without a hitch, a pack of lions eating anyone that strayed too far from the encampment. After i advanced a little i dealt with the giant felines and all was good. I researched some stuff and could see all that Chris could see...which wasnt much. So i went roaming the map and strengthened my foothold, found the bad guys and then....out of the shroud came...a crap load of infantry.

I had sent some troops to garrison in Chris' base. They, nor Chris' troops could hold back the advance of broad swordsmen and hoplites. Quickly, Chris evacuated his remaining citizens while i sent a platoon of broad swordsmen to delay the enemys advance. They did their job well, keeping yellow from pursuing the refugees, but were hoplessly overwhelmed.

Soon, Green, Orange and Yellow (enemy teams) began probing my awesome perimeter defences - lines of ballista towers. Needless to say, the enemy was unable to break through.

Chris recooperated (not sure if thats spelt right) and rebuilt in a small area rich with resources near my mega base. After a while i began launching probing assaults against Yellow's base. Yellow's base and its army were stronger than anticipated however, so me and Chris developed several cunning strategys to try and break through their defences and bring down yellow. Meanwhile, Orange began launching some random attacks on me, but my cavalry archers repulsed them with ease.

Soon, we began our main assaults against yellow. My cavalry archers lead the charge while Chris's phalanxes and long swordsmen came in from the rear. We however ran into enemy ballista towers - lotrs of them. They massacred our troops, but we in turn devastated a large number of enemy troops. We rallied our forces and tried a different move.

I sent in cavalry archers and normal archers, as well as catapults while Chris sent in the behemoths - War Elephants.

The ballista towers obliterated the siegecraft. Our combined archers forces took a severe lashing from heavy enemy resistance, but managed to snap the enemy's perimeter defences with a well devised assault by Chris' War Elephants, who closed with the towers and knocked them down.

We deep struck into their base, knocking out important structures and massacring any enemy unit we came across. By this point however, both our forces had taken a heavy toll and we held position inside the ruined suburbia. We didnt count on the support of yellow's ally however, as they sent in phalanxes and catapults, which, tore our forces asunder.

Running low on resources, we mustered up our strongest troops and again sent them in. I ralled up 20 War Elephants and struck. However, a crap load of priests decided to be annoying and convert nearly all of my elephants. So my cav archers dealt with the traitors and the priests while Chris' troops acted a rear guard and prevented any enemy troops from interfering.

Running out of gold, we had no choice but to consider ending the game prematurely (it had lasted 4 hours). So i went "suicidio" and deleted all of my structures and villagers and sent my remaining army to deal some damage against Yellow. Chris spared what troops he could, having suffered severly by the earlier evacuation.

My forces deep struck into the enemy lines again, cutting through the enemy easily before finally being overwhelmed and defeated.

It was a long match, with lots of lag. But it was fun...
Old 05-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Good games guys .. Sounds like fun

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 05-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
omg
thats sounds great
glade you two having fun! keep it up
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-29-2007, 01:46 AM

We just finished our awesome skirmish today, it was awesome!

Grenademan
Chrispy
Lord Talbot
Ruga the Hun
Tokugawa Ieyasu
Uzbeg

We started off in the black forest, snow surrounding us. We started building up our forces. Then we started building up our defenses. Later on in the skirmish, I started getting attacked by several sides. I had to build walls. And I did - I even built a two layer wall! I managed to fend off the forces with the big huge help of Grenademan.

Grenademan led all the main attacks, gave me some pointers along the way, and guided us to success. I happened to build a lot of farms in the process, and gave G-Man heaps of resources that all went to the well-being of his forces.

Later on, G-Man attacked Lord Talbot with his Trebuchets and the like, and I did as well with my Hand Cannoneers, and the damn lord decided to resign after our deadly attack. I guess it was expected, heh.

Later on, we started commencing the phases at Ruga the Hun's base (riddled with garrisoned castles!). I didn't have much troops that helped, but they helped. At the real end, I got about 30-40 Paladins linked up with G-Man's Hussars, and attacked like never before. Me and Grenademan both started on the plan, and G-Man's Cannoneers went on one path to the west, and the cavalry were at the north-east. I started to then build up Trebuchets are launched them at the castles! We started attacking with all our cavalry, killing cannon troops, and everything else...

Grenademan can explain better LOL...

I'll post SSs tomorrow.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 05-29-2007, 02:15 AM

The game started off just like always. Hording up the resources, exploring etc. Nothing terribly fascinating until we reached the castle age.

Then Blue started attacking my trade caravans. Then it was discovered that he was ahrbouring a large force. So measures were taken to counter it. We made a brief assault into Blue's territory, but were repulsed. We came back a few moments later, both me and Chris. But by the time we smashed down their walls, Teal and Purple had already devastated all of Blue's base, which firced them to surrender. Chris boasted, thinking that we were responsible for his demise. But i knew otherwise. After some scouting, i found Teal ravaging Blue's ally, red. Red later surrendered.

Then, now that it became a 2v2, Purple and Teal launched aggressive attacks on me and Chris. They attacked Chris first, but were thrown back. They later turned their attentions on my fortress, and some heavy fighting ensued. Both my elite janissaries and Chris' cavalry, supported by a castle and trebuchet batteries, fought the onslaught. We held the high ground, but the enemy continued their vicious frenized attacks. It had been 4 hours now, and i saved the game and we quit.

We reloaded and recommenced today. We fought off a few more assaults and then began a retalitory attack against Purple. We massacred some villagers, which sent the enemy into a berserker rage and came for our troops. During the fray, i brought in my janissary company backed up by trebuchets from the north. Linking up with my team, our troops commenced the attack while Chris' troops regrouped and joined in the slaughter.

We penetrated deep into the enemy lines. Chris' troops suffered heavy casualties while I only suffered a few. Eventually, purple could no longer take it and gave up, leaving Teal to last.

After a few scouting runs, we discovered that Teal had an arsenal of cannons within its territory. Cannons are not fun to fight and there were lots of them. My janissary company that had fought to defeat purple had been eviscerated by the blasted cannons. So me and Chris mustered up all our troops and resources and devloped...Operation Blizzard Storm.

To the west, where Purple's ruins lie, my two new janissary companys and trebuchet batteries were waiting. To the north, a combined force of paladins under Chris' command and Hussars under my command, rallied. A castle was constructed to provide on hand support. Then, after careful planning, the operation commenced.

Our cavalry charged in from the north. We charged right into a cluster of castles. Then we engaged the cannons. With the cannons distracted, my janissary troops moved in from the west un-opposed. The cannons were quickly dispatched and the castles were open to trebuchet bombardment. My batteries and Chris' units combined their firepower to destroy the castles. Then my janissaries began infiltrating the exposed south east areas of Teal's city. Running into yet more cannons, we continued our advance. Then, Teal surrendered. All of my Hussars had been killed, many of Chris' paladins lay dead in the white snow fields. A lot of my janissaries had been killed too. The pincer movement succeeded and we won the battle.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:28 AM

Nice story Grenademan!

BTW admins or whoever, do you think this thread name can be changed to AoE online skirmishes? Awesome. Thanks.

Chris
Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 AM

^ Operation Blizzard Storm... ^

BTW, today, me and G-Man had a DM battle in AoE1: ROR (in AoE, it's just a game mode where you get massive amounts of resources!). We won... and it was a... let's say, fairly quick match?

Me and G-Man start off, and same as usual; we start building up. Then realizing that we started off with massive wads of resources, I start getting lots of infantry on the road.

Later on, I go to send some troops to Grenademan's base. Well, I sent them back later on, because he said he could handle himself all good (and yes, he's been playing for years, he wouldn't really need help!). Then later on, he totally gets attacked by the enemy fiercely, and my men go down to help his ass. At the end, we both pretty much got wasted.

So Grenademan resorted to my base, and he got himself a good spot to start fresh. I start building up heaps of defense towers and stuff, and then we usually then got attacked by the odd wave of siege weapons. We fended them off great.

Then, Grenademan says he's going to build a Wonder. Later on, I do as well - but then, the enemy screwed my damn construction site up! Well, I let Grenademan do the ''Wondering'' and I do the defending. At the near end, the defense was real great. Heaps of towers, great!

Once that Wonder was up, we had to keep it defended for 2000 years ( ). We got there in the end. We won. Quick and awesome game.

Chris

Last edited by Chrispy; 05-31-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 PM

why'd you take a screenshot of nothing? lol
Old 06-04-2007, 01:43 AM

Today's AoE2 battle was superior. One of the best battles I've ever had!

So we started off as a DM match (it's when you start off with craploads of resources). We started building up our forces, etc. Then me and Grenademan realize that we're living on totally different islands. Grenademan is living with Blue - the almighty force which have been repeatedly been attacking Grenademan, and trying to eat Grenademan down to the bone.

I was on the other island, which was a kinda fairly peaceful one... Then later on I started having enough of Blue pissing Grenademan off, so I go and round up some forces and take them to the other island to support G-Man. By the time my forces got there, the situation was then pretty much kinda stabilized. Me and G-Man's forces together whipped the force waves for a while, until he was all good himself. Later on, Blue got defeated by Grenademan. He sure whipped their arses!

Later on, I started getting ships up in the waters to beef with the enemy ships. I kinda got wasted at first, but I kept trying and trying and trying...

Later on, I realized that there was a small island not real away from Red's base, but still, it didn't mean I was gonna draw back. I got forces up and ferried them all the way to the island while Grenademan was giving my ships cover. Then, I unloaded my forces off the ships...

Then, I started building a Town Centre and a Castle while Grenademan fended off the forces, etc. Then I started to get Trebs (Trebuchets), and the rest to protect the small base I had established on the island. Grenademan was giving the good ol' support as usual!

And then, at the real end bit, me and Grenademan linked up to take the battle to Red. I only really had two Trebs (they tremendously helped in the battle), and Grenademan had a horde of infantry and naval ships. Together, we took down Red (which was the Chinese), and brought them down on their knees.

It was sure awesome. Grenademan can probably explain the story better, can't ya? Tomorrow, I might hook you guys up with some SSs. :P

Chris
Old 06-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

stop your going to make me wanna play and i wont get any work done

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-04-2007, 10:02 PM

To sum it up:

Blue began some aggressive expanding into my territory, which i fiercly resisted. Blue continued these vicious harrassments and the fighting was fierce. By the time i had pretty much maintained stability, Chris' reinforcements arrived on scene and began entrenching around my all-important town centre. The fighting raged, but soon i began repulsing Blue, taking the fight to his door step.

We smashed down their walls (a couple of times) and began raiding the outskirts of his city. After a failed assault to the north, my troops rallied to the south and charged in. The loss of blue's only two castles (i destroyed one and Chris destroyed one guarding the coast) forced him to surrender as my troops finished off his remains. It pretty much was all planning after that, and red continued landing troops on my island but were quickly dispatched by my waiting Huskarls (Goths ftw!).

I amassed a mighty fleet and sent them into the seas near red's island. There, we engaged a large enemy fleet and destroyed it. This paved the way for Chris' invasion of the island as his troops landed on a tip to the east of red's main areas. While Chris established a foothold on the island, my fleet provided naval support, killing enemy units with Galleons and destroying the Bombard towers that were clustered all over the place. Mnay ships were lost to destroy those towers. Red's fleet had been crippled in the previous battle, but they still had ships resisting our invasion.

Shortly there after, Chris started getting attacked by waves of cavalry. While he was busy holding them off, my cannon galleons (or cruisers hehe) commenced a shore bombardment to further clear the way. We destroyed half of red's city from the bombardment alone and killed many villagers and soldiers who strayed into the killzone.

Then, i landed Huskarls and some siege equipment to the north. They smashed down and old gate and started wreaking havoc there, encountering little resistance. My ground troops continued their surge south with the help of my naval forces. We lost casualties after being ambushed by cannon towers but our troops still had a goal to achieve; hold red's gate at all costs and prevent them from escaping. They did their job well. Then, Chris' trebuchet batteries arrived in the fray and started chewing their way through red's defences before destroying the main town area. My naval forces then relocated to the south and commenced another shore bombardment, furthermore clearing out enemy resistance and slowing down the attacks on Chris' beachhead. Then, red surrendered.