Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

at last! UN Agrees Force For Darfur

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...277880,00.html

Quote:
UN Agrees Force For Darfur

Updated: 21:51, Tuesday July 31, 2007
The UN Security Council has voted to send the world's largest peacekeeping force into Darfur to help stop years of bloodshed.

Comprising up to 26,000 UN/African Union troops and police, it should be deployed by the end of the year and will cost more than £1billion in the first 12 months.

The aim is to stop attacks on civilians in the troubled Sudanese region, where more than 200,000 people have been killed in the last four years and two million displaced.

Peacekeepers will be authorised to take "necessary" force to protect personnel, civilians and humanitarian workers.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called the agreement an "historic and unprecedented resolution" that will send "a clear and powerful signal" and "close this tragic chapter in Sudan's history".

Britain's UN Ambassador Emyr Jones Parry called it "an unprecedented undertaking in scale, complexity and importance".

The unanimous vote - on a motion tabled by Britain and France - came after Gordon Brown said he had made a breakthrough in bringing peace to the region.

The Prime Minister called the situation in Sudan "the greatest humanitarian disaster the world is facing today".

"I am not prepared to let this tragedy continue without action," he said.

Mr Brown also warned that if the killings continue, he will aim to impose further sanctions on the Sudanese government.

Peacekeeprs will replace a 7,000-strong African Union force which is underfunded and poorly equipped.

The Darfur conflict began in February 2003 when ethnic African tribes rebelled against what they considered to be decades of neglect and discrimination by the Arab-dominated government.

Ministers deny retaliating by unleashing a militia of Arab nomads known as the janjaweed.
its about time these people get some help
Old 07-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
god i see we are about to pull out of Iraq and go to another hell hole to get sh*t on by the people in Washington Dc crap.

if the U.S or U.K Troops get into this, there going to blood every were and do we really like to lifes to be crap on again.

let the rest of the world do their things and help them out.

its like the U.K and U.S have lifes to hand out to be kill for the fun of it, i say let the China Red army and other chip in to handle this one.

lets face it the Big boys in China always said in the pass their Red Army is the best in the world! lets see it, for once they get their hands dirty in this.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-31-2007, 06:14 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

im just glad something is going to be down about the situation in africa, its terrible what these people are being put thru and how people can treat them in the way that they are, i for 1 would volunteer to go out there with the UN force
Old 07-31-2007, 06:21 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

wow about time
Old 08-01-2007, 02:07 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
god i see we are about to pull out of Iraq and go to another hell hole to get sh*t on by the people in Washington Dc crap.

if the U.S or U.K Troops get into this, there going to blood every were and do we really like to lifes to be crap on again.

let the rest of the world do their things and help them out.

its like the U.K and U.S have lifes to hand out to be kill for the fun of it, i say let the China Red army and other chip in to handle this one.

lets face it the Big boys in China always said in the pass their Red Army is the best in the world! lets see it, for once they get their hands dirty in this.
UN missions are diferent to a convetional war, there is no enemy. If someone shoot's at you you can not return fire unless you're 100% of exactly where the fire is coming from. So even if one army is the best it would be another issue to do peacekeeping.

My photography website

Old 08-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
I would rather be Helping people in Africa any day over Iraq.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
KillerBee

we would have a alnew set of people crying about thier kids getting kill all over again and people on the hill screaming and playing their little game with the money and army force lifes again hanging on a rope. hate seen them do that on Tv or hear it.

i know what it means to save a way of life and do it with pride, but some think it great way their kids are serving in the service will other thinking it's a great way to let the service baby seat them as long there no war going on shamefull belief.

they join on their own free will to go into battle thats what a U.S arm force do.

will people like KillerBee and other doing a great job and serve with pride over sea's. my hat off to them all.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-01-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:36 PM
prone is offline prone

Send a message via AIM to prone
I'm glad that we're finally going to do something in Africa, poor people over there are suffering and nobody is there to help them. About time someone stands up to someone in need.

Free signatures, if you need one please let me know.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:52 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
KillerBee

we would have a alnew set of people crying about thier kids getting kill all over again and people on the hill screaming and playing their little game with the money and army force lifes again hanging on a rope. hate seen them do that on Tv or hear it.

i know what it means to save a way of life and do it with pride, but some think it great way their kids are serving in the service will other thinking it's a great way to let the service baby seat them as long there no war going on shamefull belief.

they join on their own free will to go into battle thats what a U.S arm force do.

will people like KillerBee and other doing a great job and serve with pride over sea's. my hat off to them all.
It will defenetly get more attention by Media if US military join (it always does), did you ever hear about the mission that Swedish and French forces undertook in Kongo? Peacekeeping gets about 10% of the attention of what Iraq would ever get. It might be hard though for US to add any military personell to Afrcia because of the ongoing mission in Iraq.

My photography website