Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 03-08-2013, 03:34 AM
black hawk is offline black hawk

My speaker set just keeps crackling.

I have 4.1 speaker set from iball (it's a decent indian company) and the set is quite old, nearly 8-9 years. But it hasn't been used much, though I have been using it for the past 1 year in prime condition. Everything had been going smooth, when I finally got Call of Duty2 and Call of Duty 4. While playing cod2, the crackling sound was bearable and would actually silence out after some time, but for the other game, this sound has completely marred my experience. I don't know why but if I put on a headphone too, i get the crackling sound. So, is there a problem in my computer? It doesn't happen when I listen to music or watch a movie.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Not sure how the speaker system you have work but there is probably a amplifier in the speaker system and in that case try to lower your output on the computer to the speaker system and increase the volume on the speaker system instead. If it's without a amplifier I'm pretty lost at what it might be. Had the same problem with sound through my HDMI to my TV but that was an issue with drivers and have been fixed in new versions. So one thing might check to see if there are any updates for your soundcard drivers

My photography website

Old 03-10-2013, 03:50 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
audio from some newer game be HD audio can make the speakers crackle a bit like there a short going in the wires with speaker type analog

try to change the setting with-in the game sound setting! play with them a bit till it clears up
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-11-2013, 04:07 PM
MAJWIZ is offline MAJWIZ

blackhawk: (I work computers & tv's for a living) sounds like the cones on the speakers have dried up and possibly have a small crack. i have a pair of altec that did that, crackled real bad. i took CLEAR fingernail polish to the cracks now they work great.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 PM
black hawk is offline black hawk

I don't know how, but i just cleaned my computer since the motherboard had a lot of dust over it. Also tried to blow the dust form the audio ports, and suddenly the next time i ran the game, everything was crystal clear. But thank you for all your suggestions.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:15 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Speaking of sound enviroments for the lastest gaming software ... Isn't the latest games going surround sound ballistic ?

Black Ops II is an example. Looks like you need the latest in surround sound to fully experience it !

Anyone here spending the big bucks on surround sound speakers ?