Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 01-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

A Look as TS from a gamer's view

Private Partz from the Novaworld Forums played TS at the launch a his local I-Games center, here is his review:

The machine specs for the computer they put me on were: Athlon 1700XP - 512 mb ram - GeForce FX 5200 128 mb ram...and at 1024x768 with all settings on high TS played well!

Weapons:

G36- 5.56mm Nato- This gun ROCKS!....It has an aimdot similar to the CAR-15 but I like it better (NO SCOPE)...It has a better reticle IMO....30 shot mag....High rate of fire, Semi-auto and Full auto, NO 3 shot burst...No M203 attached...kills good ... recoil same as CAR-15 but more steady...I owned in DM with this gun! ...Sounds cool!..This will be a popular gun

G3- 7.62mm Nato- This is a powerful gun... 20 round mag....Semi and Full auto also....accurate....cool iron sights...(No Scope)....No M203...Slow rate of fire on Full auto but deadly! 1 shot kills! Brings M60/M240 power to CQB/Medic classes! Best assault rifle for shooting through brush, trees etc...(as I found out today!) (my personal choice?...Hmmm maybe)

PSG-1- 7.62mm Nato- This is NOT the PSG from LW/TFD......This version IS NOT SILENCED!....It IS loud!... Deadly accurate and powerful....very much like the M21 but louder (much cooler sound IMO)...20 round mag...semi auto....2x-8x Scope....similar rate of fire to M21 (maybe slower?, barely) A good rifle ....will be popular with snipers (especially in the jungle maps!)

The PSG-1 is available to snipers only (duh!). The G36 and G3 are available to ALL other classes! (that's right, medics get them too!) There were NO other new weapons that I saw...

The new Camo skins are great and work well!....You can play as Delta OR SAS in MP...All classes are available to both Delta and SAS...(SAS Medics, CQB, Gunners and Snipers)....The Jungle Camo works great as it was hard to see the enemy unless they were moving...(the way Camo should work!... btw the guys in the screen shots with "Boonie Hats" are the SAS)....I played DM with a few other folks then looked at other gametypes by myself...S&D and A&D fans; sorry no new targets that I saw...(there might be some but I didn't see any)...

The NEW MP maps ROCK!!!... Some are Jungle some are a mix of jungle and urban and I saw 1 urban map!...RITUAL has done a GREAT job on them....they are well thought out and large!....there are lots of new objects and foliage!....The Jungles are thick and there is a TON of cover...(I love it!) there is at least 1 city map (in Iran) that is well done...(and I don't really like city maps but this ones cool) I did NOT get to play all the maps (not enough time) but the ones I played were GREAT! Ritual placed fixed weapons (.50 cal MG's and even Recoiless rifles) in good spots with good fields of fire and in places to protect mission objectives. (well thought out...My kinda Map Makers!)

Speaking of Map Makers, those of us who dabble in such things will be happy!!! I started the editor (version 2.06b) up and looked! Lots of new stuff to play with!!!....the Buildings are stock BHD for the most part but there's a lot of new toys!!! The new terrains are good (Lots of GRASS ) as far as I could tell in the 2 hours I played!

Gameplay has the same feel but the new enviroments are GREAT and add a whole new dimension to BHD gameplay...(even SP looked like it might be fun...And I usually don't play SP) If you own BHD this is a MUST have!

Team Sabre is WELL WORTH your 20 bucks!!! and will extend the life of this game for quite awhile longer ...

GET OUT YOUR CHECKBOOK and buy it!....you won't be disappointed IMO!
Old 01-20-2004, 09:01 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
sounds promising
Old 01-20-2004, 10:50 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
Wicked

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 01-20-2004, 11:12 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sounds very promising BB/Mike, I can't wait lol!

Regards
Old 01-20-2004, 11:43 AM
reloader is offline reloader

Send a message via AIM to reloader Send a message via Yahoo to reloader
when ts comes out in holland
Old 01-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Sgt HunteR is offline Sgt HunteR

Send a message via ICQ to Sgt HunteR
lll

20th February

| -===War is sweet to those who've never experienced it===- |
Old 01-20-2004, 06:18 PM
moreph is offline moreph

Send a message via ICQ to moreph
wonder how much ur getting paid for that by novaworld, or would a free game and a novaworld "t-shirt" buy u like that? ts is just bhd, they should have put these "amazing weapons" in the original, it all means is that u can buy bhd for £30 but if u want the full version u have to pay an extra 20, seems like a big company taking advatange of its consumers to me.

but hey what does an avergae gamer like me know.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:13 AM

wiii

Im only looking forward to the Editor Tools and Driveable Vehicles in Joint operations

Team Sabre is just a BHD Mod to me...and i love Mods

Old 01-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Nova_Not
Unregistered

Truely sad when you have to wait for an expansion for NL to release an update so convienently..... sad when the DF community has basically been begging for NL to actually support one of their games that people (most) have payed lots of hard earned money for....

I say NL can kiss my butt, this is just an attempt to squeeze more money out of people until they release JO..... my predictions the cheats come quick, NL once again does JACK SH*T and then people slowly stop playing the game and then MAGIC.... JO pops up on the shelves in a store near you!!

I say download the game and tell NL to kiss your butt until they can learn to support the community that helped them get where they are!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:39 PM
.janissary is offline .janissary

moreph

moreph yea they want your money thats a business for you

1.novaworld makes the games
2.you buy them
3.you play them or not its as simple as that!!!

plus programming is not easy and people at nova have jobs and they have to get payed so of course they want your money bozo
Old 01-22-2004, 09:43 PM

nova_not

and nova_not you made them get where they are by buying there games you retard if you dont like it dont buy it!!!! read the post above^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-22-2004, 09:43 PM

weee

They would get more money if Team Sabre was released in the rest of the world at the same time it was in the States!

Old 01-22-2004, 09:45 PM

Its not like Nova are gaming nazis or anything, they make the games, you play em or you dont, its that simple. -Ice Cannon read BB mikes signiture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate people who down nova because its pointless i mean you play there games dont you?????if not you shouldent be in this forum!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Nova_Not
Unregistered

[edit]run a long little child[/edit]

Last edited by Steve; 01-23-2004 at 03:29 AM.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:24 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

A some what controversial post?

Regards
Old 01-23-2004, 03:29 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

pffft, damn n00bs huh baddog
Old 01-23-2004, 03:37 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Well it was a bit strong Stevie!!!! gj on the edit bro!

Regards
Old 01-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

there is too much anger
there is no need to get so stressed with games n stuff, it is supposed to be fun, if it isnt then move on. no one wants to read someone moaing zzzzzzz
Old 01-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Nova_NOT
Unregistered

#1 you can't ban me I am not on a static IP

#2 another one banning a c class I have many others

#3 run along little boy????

Kiss my butt if you want to support a company with no class go ahead....... what I said had nothing to do with controversy more of a moral issue

screw them before they screw you or just let them continue to screw you

that brings us down to the options I gave I never said where to get the game I just gave an additional suggestion of what someone who doesn't care to support NL but wants to play their crappy game bec their friends do

Plus you should be happy gives people something to talk about on this lame ass forum

elite!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 04:11 PM
nova_NOT
Unregistered

oh yeah by the way

I own you guys almost always when we play so as far as your noob comment goes save it for yourself

GJ on the edit????? scared of the truth someone once said it will set you free

Also anger yep angry that NL hasn't done their BS once or twice but 3 and 4 and so on ........ how many more times

I love the game when it is supported after that it falls to crap people accuse other constantly of cheating, actually breaks up some squads ... now there is stress and yes it is supposed to be fun..... but NL tries its best not to make it that way.

terra mod is almost as good as the TS only problem with it is it has alot of sloppy coding which slows down the game thats where NL seems to have done alot better after that naw 20 bucks for something someone has done for free... NL get a life.

JO coming and going to have moving vehicles and all why??? to try and keep up with a game thats going to do it right far cry and a coujple of others but thats at a later date until then I will keep owning you all on the field

peace!!!