Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-19-2004, 10:30 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
Microsoft banks $100 Million for Halo 2 game

VOLISH VIDEO game Halo 2 hit the shops yesterday and netted more than $100 million on its first day out. In what punters are calling the largest launch in gaming history, Halo 2 has done better than most movie blockbusters on their first day. Odd really, because the plot of the game is fairly familar. Boy meets heavy assault weapon, boy must save the earth from aliens, boy never gets a girl in his life.

The boy in this case is called 'Master Chief' which probably means he will have to serve up the aliens in a white wine sauce in sixty seconds to the approval of Lloyd Grossman. A Volish spokesChief said that more than 1.5 million units were pre-sold and one retailer sold 8,500 units in the first 11 minutes, while another sold 200,000 units by yesterday morning. Analysts expect Microsoft to flog more than 10 million units of Halo 2 mostly around November. The original Halo sold five million units and remains the best seller on the Xbox.

Source: http://www.theinquirer.net/

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 11-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
now thats is something i may get it never play halo 1 or 2 before but fighting monster is what i was looking for. got tire of the normal fighting types df: serials and JOTR.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-20-2004, 07:10 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I bet Bill Gates is rubbing his hands with glee over this news!

Regards
Old 11-20-2004, 07:23 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

thats alot of money lol....
Old 11-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Reticle is offline Reticle

Send a message via Yahoo to Reticle
Amazing. Why didn't Half Life 2 get that kind of release, though? It easily pwns Halo 2 in basically everything. Of course, I'm sure stretching the release date over and over didn't help...

"You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you"
-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 11-21-2004, 05:27 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

you think bill would give me a couple of million?
Old 11-21-2004, 07:38 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Quote:
Originally posted by Reticle
Amazing. Why didn't Half Life 2 get that kind of release, though? It easily pwns Halo 2 in basically everything. Of course, I'm sure stretching the release date over and over didn't help...
Because you can't get Half Life 2 to run on a $100 machine and Half Life 2 has an older certificate.
PC games are a niche market. Consoles are where the money is.

Old 11-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Yeah i agree wuth you ^^... but ive always liked PC games because you can do so much more with them.

I never like Half Life or Counter Strike because they feel so cheesey and un-realistic
Old 11-21-2004, 12:19 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
Quote:
Originally posted by Cody 7
Yeah i agree wuth you ^^... but ive always liked PC games because you can do so much more with them.

I never like Half Life or Counter Strike because they feel so cheesey and un-realistic
Thats why all of these games make so much money because they are not realistic. UT2k4 is far from realistic and its ery popular. Don't take this into offence but it seems that more of the older adults that game like the war, ww1, ww2 games but the younger gamers are into fake sci-fi games. But the younger people are the ones spending the money on these games and there parents are buying then it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser