Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:26 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sadly that's war.

As some of you will know by now three members of the Black Watch who are on duty in Iraq have been killed by a bomb. This is dreadful news and my feelings go out to their families at this terrible loss.

However I have just heard one of the uncles of one of these men on the radio attacking President Bush and Prime Minister Blair for the sad deaths of these soldiers, I cannot agree with his statements as being a soldier always carrys the risk of death by enemy action at some time or other. I lost two good friends when I was in the army but they as well as I, new the risks we where expected to take when we signed on.

Being in any armed force carrys's certain risks but to blame politicians for the actions of our enemy's only gives the enemy a determination to attack again. No one wants war but it is part of our civilisation and these poor souls are just the latest victims of yet another conflict.

If they had not persished in this war in Iraq, rest assured that there is always some where else where a conflict will involve British and American forces serving side by side and sharing that dreadful risk and being a soldier puts you in the front line.

The rights and the wrongs of this war or any other war don't matter, what matters is that the allies defeat these insurgents, stabilise Iraq and then bring all our service men and women home as soon as possible.

Regards
Old 11-05-2004, 01:12 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Sad news

I dont see why the families have a go at politics their family member or relative joined the army under their own "wanting" they knew the risk invloved as its part of the job. Maybe the rebel fighteres in Iraq will sometime soon give up and let the country develope.. at this rate its in a "stalemate" and will be for sometime.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:29 PM
varg is offline varg

Send a message via ICQ to varg
Maybe, and just maybe they were upset with the goverment because they lied about the reasons for going to war... Or maybe because of the way their goverment are leading the war from behind their mahogny desks...

MapMakersHeaven.org is currently down, but she will be re-born in 2010!
Old 11-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Reticle is offline Reticle

Send a message via Yahoo to Reticle
You're saying you want the leaders on the front lines? Hate to break it to you, but people realized how moronic that was almost a century ago. And just so you know, Bush didn't lie about Iraq. He told the American people what basically all the world's intelligence agencies told him.

"You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you"
-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 11-05-2004, 02:47 PM
varg is offline varg

Not gonna start a big political discussion here; but no i did not say that I want the leaders in the front line (ok I would like to send GWB to the front) I was trying to state that they apparantly run this war badly..
And Bush did lie. Read the report, but the beauty of being on the top, is that you can allways blame those below you:P
And "all the worlds inteligence" (?!) stop watching foxnews man...

Old 11-05-2004, 03:44 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Its came to know Kerry also lied they both told lies when running to get elected a few days ago a magazine article told how they both told lies to try and win but Bush is a good leader to me so GO BUSH!!!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 11-05-2004, 04:42 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
We are drifting from the point.
I have never been armed forces but my Father was and I remember him being on standby to got to Iraq in '91.
Thankfully he wasn't put at risk and did his work from a Domestic base preparing aircraft for their role in the skies above the Persian Gulf.
On the odd occasion that I come across an active soldier I do my best to shake him by the hand and thank him (or her) for the fantastic job that they do, trying their very best and risking their lives to make sure my Daughter and my Son don't have to go through what the children of Iraq have endured for years.
I thank them for this simple reason.
That they have honour by doing these great things of their own volition.
It is desperatley sad to lose a loved one in any circumstance and, as a nurse, I am trained to expect the very worst of behaviour from people who have just lost the one they love.
It is to be expected that those clostest to the men that died should be angry and say what is on their minds, but lets be fair, we only know what they said because of the media bloodsuckers just waiting for a quote.

Let the bereaved grieve however they want. But let us raise a glass to the brave and true men of our great nations who keep it real with their actions of great honour.
No soldier wants a war.
I am proud that when one comes along, whatever the circumstance, they get on with it to the very best of their ability.

Old 11-05-2004, 05:05 PM
varg is offline varg

I'll drink to that

Old 11-06-2004, 05:40 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Re: Sadly that's war.

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG

The rights and the wrongs of this war or any other war don't matter, what matters is that the allies defeat these insurgents, stabilise Iraq and then bring all our service men and women home as soon as possible.
You made some good points there, and this is bad news
Old 11-06-2004, 12:02 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I totally agree with what you say ZZA. I hope that one day we can learn to resolve our diffrences by other means and consign war to history but I fear that day is a hell of a long way off!

The first casualty of war is truth.

Regards
Old 11-06-2004, 02:20 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Wars will never end when theres so many different races being racist to others or running there mouth and starting crap.Its like when you run your mouth at school it usually starts a fight same thing wit hwar whe nyou ru nyour m outh and cra pwar will start between countries wanting to take over each other!!!!I dont think there will ever be peace till the l8 future!!!!!!!!Also remember one thing whe nyou win something........"Theres always someone out there bigger,better,and badder than you" So watch out lol!!!!!!!!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 11-08-2004, 11:50 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Sadly bro I think your only to right in what you say.

Regards
Old 11-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Reticle is offline Reticle

Send a message via Yahoo to Reticle
It's simple. There will be wars until there is only one nation. Then peace will endure for a few years or decades, and then people will get dissatisfied with that great big nation, and rebellions will start, people will break away, and there will be wars again. It's a damn shame, but it can't be stopped.

"You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you"
-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 11-11-2004, 11:26 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Maybe one day we will realise this world belongs to all of us and we will live in peace. The alternative is to dreadful to contemplate.

Warm Regards
Old 11-12-2004, 03:42 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
It would work if I was in charge.

Old 11-12-2004, 04:24 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
this whole thing is bad, 18 of ther soldiers have been killed, large stashes of weapons have been discoverd with rocket proppeled grenades, mortars and all sorts just terrible
and i agree baddog
Maybe one day we will realise this world belongs to all of us and we will live in peace. The alternative is to dreadful to contemplate.

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo