Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:40 AM
black hawk is offline black hawk

The Punisher just simply crashes.

Hello guys. I have this game called 'The Punisher'. Now the problem is that it installs well, but as as i execute it, it just shows the game screen with all the various logos for 1 second and crashes, showing the usual windows error that it stopped working and it needs to get closed. I also have the demo of this game and it works fine, but not the full version. Any suggestions?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ok tell basic info
1.) operation system you running vs the what system game is made for?
2.) video card you have
reason: some mother broad video chip can't handle high-end game video engines
3.) have you updated Directx and video card if you have one been updated?

what i recall "The Punisher" came out in 1990s, so you may need 16bit file to enable it in newer windows system

never play it but what i do recall older game need 16bit file so they play, if the The Punisher you have a newer version of the game! need to look in its detail or contact the support team of the game.

still not bad id as here some one may have a answer for you, i Google it my self

if its a newer The Punisher game in the game folder there maybe a update.exe in there to use to force the game to update it self, only some newer game have a self update but you can active it if you see a file like upd8te.exe or ****update.exe inside the game folder.

other wise you have to google "The Punisher game crash" or "The Punisher crash" find a answer that way

if you download the paid version of the game! re-download again it maybe a bad download you have
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-04-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:59 AM

No, this game was released in mid 2005, somewhere around 2005. Since this game is quite old, the system requirements are just good, because it requires windows xp, which i am currently using. I have an Nvidia 8400GS graphics card with all its drivers updated. I don't think that should be the problem.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Set windows 98 compatibility Mode

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292533
Old 12-01-2012, 01:07 AM

Ok, since that didn't work out, i downloaded the game. Now this one has 3 cd's, (not in iso format), but it has a crack that does not work. I searched for the crack but even they didn't work. Apparently it's the version causing problem. It asks for cd1 without crack, so I made an image of cd1 and mounted it, but it still doesnt work. Now, what do i need to do? Do i need to burn that image into a cd for it to work?
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 AM

Do you have Daemon Tools? Make 3 ISO's and mount one at a time as if you were using the disks, or conversely make the ISO's then burn them to CD it could be the download format is obsolete. Got an address for this thing? I may have to do it myself to work out the compiler format.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:11 AM

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/51983...sks_with_Crack I have daemon tools lite by the way. Don't search for the crack, it would be useless. The game is UK version and the crack on the internet is of some hoodlum with which it isn't compatible. Funny how it still works for some.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM

Can't touch that buddy, sry. It could be your hardware is too advanced to handle it so....have you heard of Virtual PC? VMware? go look it up, you can run an XP virtual machine to bring about the necessary hardware emulation. PS have a try with iso files (of the game CD's or extract and iso the files) created by daemon tools. Then create a virtual CD drive and mount the iso files as above.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:12 AM

Yeah, i used vmware to run chrome os on windows xp. Also used it to run black hawk down on vista when it was giving some sys.text error. Will do that iso trick?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:59 AM

You can run most software in VM's these days, keep trying differend variants, you'll get I'm sure