Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-20-2023, 03:49 AM
CybeR SoldieR is offline CybeR SoldieR

New Delta Force game inbound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ck8hTeBvg
Old 08-20-2023, 05:58 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Quoting my comment there:

"I don't think this has anything to do with the classic NovaLogic Delta Force. I think this is that other DF game that was so controversial a few years ago. No familiar sounds, no familiar sights, the logo is wrong, the font is different, and they don't mention "From the makers of Delta Force Black Hawk Down!" and you know if they were, they would f-----g say it.

I think this is a completely different game. My hopes are dashed."
Old 08-21-2023, 01:55 AM
TrSniper is offline TrSniper

To be honest it gives me hope!! You can see that they’ve recreated the irene mission, but unfortunately I do see some futuristic s*** also
Old 08-21-2023, 02:23 AM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
At first glance i was like cool.... then i watched the clip a few times and yeah nar.... Looks like a COD type game that will be more single mission than team work team based.
Old 08-21-2023, 04:09 AM
TrSniper is offline TrSniper

https://www.pcgamer.com/tencent-is-b...ack-hawk-down/

Also according to this article this company aquired all the rights for DF from THQ Nordic. So this is indeed a reboot, unfortunately less promising if we compared it to the games we are used to play from Nova
Old 08-21-2023, 04:40 AM
CybeR SoldieR is offline CybeR SoldieR

Fingers crossed there is a mission editor, not holding my breath though.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:16 PM
mg is offline mg

Developers: TiMi (Moby, IGN)

Quote:
TiMi Studio Group is a video game development studio based in Shenzhen, China and with offices in Los Angeles, Chengdu, and Shanghai. It is a subsidiary of Tencent Games and it was established in 2014.

The studio was formed as a merger between Jade Studio, Wolong Studio and Tianmeiyiyou Studio in 2014.
(Moby)

Publisher: Level Infinite (Moby, IGN)

(According to IGN.)
Old 08-30-2023, 11:45 AM
SuperNoob is offline SuperNoob

At least one good thing coming from it is the Black Hawk Down campaign remaster. Looking forward to how that turns out.
Old 09-11-2023, 03:39 PM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

A very shrewd and savvy business move by Tencent, but it looks to be a DF game in name only… no interest from me.

The bigger story to me is a multi-billion dollar Chinese company making games about the American military. And how about the fact that China has just bought the trademark to an American special forces unit through this acquisition? I understand John Garcia (Novalogic) successfully claimed the trademark to Delta Force in the 90s because the unit “didn’t exist,” and wasn’t acknowledged by the US government… now, a Chinese company has the trademark! Truly wild stuff.

Unfortunately, I don’t sense much reverence from Tencent for the tragic events that unfolded in Mogadishu, or the lives of real human beings that were lost. Novalogic’s retelling was buggy and took several artistic liberties, but it was done after working directly with the US military branch it was telling the story of, and donated a portion of profits to wounded veterans.

This new Delta Force game feels merely like an event to exploit for profit by Tencent, based off of the phrasing of their press releases and even the main menu descriptions seen above.

Be wary of peculiar retellings of American military history in future DF installments...