Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-2019, 01:46 PM
noddynod443 is offline noddynod443
noddynod443's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Iron Range Minnesota
Posts: 12

Delta Force Xtreme 2 Lan Patch? (Is that a possibility now?)

Howdy Folks,

I'm sorry If this question is against the rules

I was wondering that since now Novalogic's games were bought up by THQ Nordic, is talk about the use of the "mystery" Lan Patch for DFX2 ok to talk about now?

It would be mighty handy to folks like me who plan to play the game with friends in Lan offline from the internet without having to buy eight separate license keys and having to connect to the internet to activate each.

Once again, sorry if this is not up for discussion.

Last edited by noddynod443; 04-16-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2019, 04:06 AM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 81

In a way you can't change what nova did to there game, but you all ways can play lan on Joint ops.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2019, 10:10 AM
noddynod443 is offline noddynod443
noddynod443's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Iron Range Minnesota
Posts: 12

Ah, Well yesterday I finally found the DFX2 Lan patch download from a DFX2 Facebook Fan Group, who use it to play through tunngle.

All it seems to be is a modified joint ops typhoon rising game.exe with modified menus to display a "Lan option" rather than a "Multiplayer option" which starts up novaworld.

I tested adding some custom DFX2 maps and they all worked. However, I tried adding a DXF2 mod such as the Black Ops 1.6 mod and several parts of the mod didn't work such as the new weapons. My theory for why the mod's stuff didn't all work is that perhaps it is caused by starting the DFX2 with a jointops.exe.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2019, 09:17 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddynod443 View Post
Ah, Well yesterday I finally found the DFX2 Lan patch download from a DFX2 Facebook Fan Group, who use it to play through tunngle.

All it seems to be is a modified joint ops typhoon rising game.exe with modified menus to display a "Lan option" rather than a "Multiplayer option" which starts up novaworld.

I tested adding some custom DFX2 maps and they all worked. However, I tried adding a DXF2 mod such as the Black Ops 1.6 mod and several parts of the mod didn't work such as the new weapons. My theory for why the mod's stuff didn't all work is that perhaps it is caused by starting the DFX2 with a jointops.exe.
The Black Ops mod was not for Joint ops and it was not approved by novaworld in the time that nova was approving mods in the past its a StandAlone mod just like aw2...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2019, 08:41 AM
noddynod443 is offline noddynod443
noddynod443's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Iron Range Minnesota
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
The Black Ops mod was not for Joint ops and it was not approved by novaworld in the time that nova was approving mods in the past its a StandAlone mod just like aw2...
Well at least with this Lan Patch the Stock and custom DFX2 maps all work.

I do have one problem however, please tell me if you ever encountered this problem with DFX2:

Randomly if a grenade, map decoration (computer, barrel, radio equipment), or some other explosion blows up right in front of the player/(right in your face) my screen glitches out and starts flashing and flickering. The map/spawn screen pops up but pressing the space bar doesn't make it go away. On other players screens they can see that I have respawned, but I can't move the player with the mouse and once again my screen remains locked, frozen, glitched, etc So I can't see.

The only fix that I have found is to quite the session, rejoin, and avoid such explosions.

Any one have any ideas on how to fix this problem? I have windows 7, so I tried setting compatibility mode to vista service pack 2 or windows xp, but that didn't fix the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2019, 03:32 PM
stompem is offline stompem
stompem's Avatar
Die Hard

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddynod443 View Post
Well at least with this Lan Patch the Stock and custom DFX2 maps all work.

I do have one problem however, please tell me if you ever encountered this problem with DFX2:

Randomly if a grenade, map decoration (computer, barrel, radio equipment), or some other explosion blows up right in front of the player/(right in your face) my screen glitches out and starts flashing and flickering. The map/spawn screen pops up but pressing the space bar doesn't make it go away. On other players screens they can see that I have respawned, but I can't move the player with the mouse and once again my screen remains locked, frozen, glitched, etc So I can't see.

The only fix that I have found is to quite the session, rejoin, and avoid such explosions.

Any one have any ideas on how to fix this problem? I have windows 7, so I tried setting compatibility mode to vista service pack 2 or windows xp, but that didn't fix the problem.
Hi there, I don't know if you can readily solve this problem but it may help you to read about similar issues I've seen myself.


I'd say they're more than likely to occur for others as well.


Yes this is some sort of a collision event error encountered when serving and playing from the host PC.


If you're hosting and playing through the DFX2 game lobby, throwing a grenade can certainly crash you out of the game.


Other problems arise such as a random point teleport effect and the player getting stuck between collision meshes.


AFAIK serving without playing and then joining from another PC in the host LAN may also cause the players to encounter issues.


The same may also apply in a "patched" LAN scenario.


The only solution I've found is a remote host.


Hope this helps...
__________________

In It For The Game!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:32 PM
FrankyTheTank is offline FrankyTheTank
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86

hmm i dont know dfxtreme 2 at all

but

first off the lan search or ipx engine is made over that ipx engine on the most new os it must be installed

other way is a ip join it doesnt depent so much on other things

some1 wrote a pinger what allows you directly to join a server

thinking about that there is a function in df1/df2 what is getting filled with the ip

i think the pinger more or less do exactly that

if not a dll could call that function and it would connect to the ip it was desired/given




1 problem of delta force was is that you have to set a lot of things before it start just look at the win10 problem that recently apeared
or that df wasnt working on vista
then the sound problems
then the dynamic ports patch what had to be done because oddly new routers block this at the most cases

the best would be it start and work no questions no settings that should be done/set
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2019, 09:10 AM
Scott is offline Scott
Scott's Avatar
AKA. Panther

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 10,522

Would be cool to have a patch for jo, dfx, dfx2 that allows a player to join games via a non-novaworld server list. The lan patch allows that but obviously you must specify an ip. Otherwise the only way is for the player to login to novaworld.

I didn't know a pinger for jo was available that allowed people to bypass novaworld. As far as I know it was just a pinger with server list, something that is easily done but still requires the person to login to novaworld before joining and the server list still comes from novas glb files.
__________________

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Scott is offline Scott
Scott's Avatar
AKA. Panther

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 10,522

I also have the very original DFX lan patch, which uses a JO exe but I don't seem to have one for JO. Thanks for the DFX2 LAN patch noddynod443
__________________

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-24-2019, 12:51 PM
grenadier501 is offline grenadier501
grenadier501's Avatar
JO mod maker

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Argentina
Posts: 297

That video glitch that happens when you die is caused by the commander's menu function, since dfx2 doesn't have commanders menu, if you accidentaly press 'V' wich is the jointops' default key to access that menu, it will cause that glitch the next time you die in the game, try unbinding the 'V' key from the options and see if the problem is solved.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:17 PM
noddynod443 is offline noddynod443
noddynod443's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Iron Range Minnesota
Posts: 12

Quote:
That video glitch that happens when you die is caused by the commander's menu function, since dfx2 doesn't have commanders menu, if you accidentaly press 'V' wich is the jointops' default key to access that menu, it will cause that glitch the next time you die in the game, try unbinding the 'V' key from the options and see if the problem is solved.
AH, I understand now! Thank You Sir!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:27 PM
noddynod443 is offline noddynod443
noddynod443's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Iron Range Minnesota
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Would be cool to have a patch for jo, dfx, dfx2 that allows a player to join games via a non-novaworld server list. The lan patch allows that but obviously you must specify an ip. Otherwise the only way is for the player to login to novaworld.

I didn't know a pinger for jo was available that allowed people to bypass novaworld. As far as I know it was just a pinger with server list, something that is easily done but still requires the person to login to novaworld before joining and the server list still comes from novas glb files.
That Bulgarian DFX2 players facebook group (that I got the Lan Patch from) seemed to play DXF2 lan through "tunngle" or something like that.

Here is a video that they made on how to set it up:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbNeh7i3jCQ
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-25-2019, 11:45 AM
stompem is offline stompem
stompem's Avatar
Die Hard

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,787

Due to the European General Data Protection Regulation, Tunngle shut down on 30/04/2018.

REF: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...042018_due_to/

Looks like Game Ranger is still an active alternative.

Supports:
Delta Force
Delta Force 2
Delta Force: Land Warrior
Delta Force: Task Force Dagger
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre


PS
Free Lan looks like an open source tool worth investigating
__________________

In It For The Game!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-04-2019, 09:06 AM
FrankyTheTank is offline FrankyTheTank
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86

there so many interesting things that have been made for the delta force series

i remember a problem when the lobby list no longer worked then a new version was replaced

it made the function i talked about fail as long the update wasnt installed

this function is queued for being set and is filled with like the IP

if this function is filled the process "loading mission..." "analyzing mission topography..." ect. started

i think i have forgotten the most parts about this function

but lets say a dll sets this function with the IP (maybe more information? dunno or dont remember)
then also sets it to (1) to trigger

the process to join the server should start


the classical server click on the novalist calls exactly like that except that the information is read out some html functions and travels around in the executable a while until they trigger this function

it might be a idea for the future just a guess
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-13-2019, 06:50 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Hellfighter's Avatar
Chief ADFP

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: San Jose Calif 95111
Posts: 20,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddynod443 View Post
Howdy Folks,

I'm sorry If this question is against the rules

I was wondering that since now Novalogic's games were bought up by THQ Nordic, is talk about the use of the "mystery" Lan Patch for DFX2 ok to talk about now?

It would be mighty handy to folks like me who plan to play the game with friends in Lan offline from the internet without having to buy eight separate license keys and having to connect to the internet to activate each.

Once again, sorry if this is not up for discussion.


hey did novalogic, inc & novaworld were taken over by another company? didn't see that coming
__________________
twitter: @chiefadfp Skype: chiefadfp

US-Military Tribunals News, source: https://c-vine.com
gameplay now days: swtor.com (mainly stuck on)
Parler: @ChiefAdfp Parler.com

all type of recall notices: [Click-Here] check it out
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®