Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Made some startling discoveries late last night...i cant remember what they were though lol.

I've already written down a list of what needs to be done, and i shall get to it ASAP..
Old 02-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Wonder if I can make the reloading manual in BHD...

The player can choose in MP to have it on or not... but still...

And the reloading in BHD is unrealistic too... how the hell can taking a magazine out and putting it back in make a gun work? (Unless the magazine still has rounds in it...)

And the PS2 version of BHD shows the actual real gun reloads... :P

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-08-2007, 11:48 PM

Damn EA/DICE...their coding is so fooked up! Seriously, its as if a bunch of kids did the coding. Everything is messed up, everything is just...it confuses the crap out of me! One example is that they named the Timebomb a 'Expack' and the Expack a 'Timebomb'...IDIOTS!

But with my superior intelligence, i broke through the noobish codes and made my own changes MWAHAHAHAHAHA! There was much bloodshed in a 3 hour coding battle (i literally spent 3 hours sorting out the mess EA/DICE made ). And now im happy with the result. All that remains is just evening out bot weapon selections AGAIN.

They use rifles, machineguns and knives fine, just got to make them use pistols a little bit better, use grenades a bit better (and to make them stop throwing them at close range) and various other things.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by front-liner ™
Damn EA/DICE...their coding is so fooked up! Seriously, its as if a bunch of kids did the coding. Everything is messed up, everything is just...it confuses the crap out of me! One example is that they named the Timebomb a 'Expack' and the Expack a 'Timebomb'...IDIOTS!

But with my superior intelligence, i broke through the noobish codes and made my own changes MWAHAHAHAHAHA! There was much bloodshed in a 3 hour coding battle (i literally spent 3 hours sorting out the mess EA/DICE made ). And now im happy with the result. All that remains is just evening out bot weapon selections AGAIN.

They use rifles, machineguns and knives fine, just got to make them use pistols a little bit better, use grenades a bit better (and to make them stop throwing them at close range) and various other things.
Nova are really sloppy TBH... so... are EA/DICE and NL twins?! :P

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-09-2007, 12:28 AM

No, just idiots.

Yay i reached over 1000 posts. An example of my loyalty
Old 02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

just ignorence the cause of the games being so dam screwed up, and i think that they are trying to not make the ballistics anywhere close for a reason as to avoid halping any1 learn how to aim and become more perfecient in their aim, witch is possable if ya get the ballistics right for the m24 sws in my bhd game i got it to handle pretty dame close to the rifle i got in real life and some of the things i can do in real life will work in the game after i re done everything on it.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:07 PM

One of the things I get pissed off about in BHD is the goddamn reloading yeah...

For the MP5, take the mag out, put it back in... same for the Barret, etc. How the BLOODY HELL can you reload your gun doing that?!

BHD should be nominated for teaching people how not to use guns... because it would be crackup if someone in reality had an empty mag and reloaded their CAR15 as if it would in BHD...

Chris
Old 02-09-2007, 06:15 PM

action "reload"
delayend auto
anim anim_wpn_reload
function wpn_std_reload

I think I have to change auto to manual in order for manual reloads...

The thing is though, is that if I make it manual, then in SP you will always have to reload manually and in MP you have the choice of manual and auto reload which is weird...

Wondering how to make the display for the guns different... E.g: CAR15 is more on the right of the screen, etc.

* Edit:
I'm going to remove the machine gun sights in the mod too BTW... Why? This is because that right-clicking won't enable them... you have to switch to a gun with working sights and change back to machine gun for it to work...

Chris

Last edited by Chrispy; 02-09-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Technically he aint putting the empty mag in the weapon once hes done with it. He could be just dropping it on the ground and bringing a new one out of his mag pouch (in reality, soldiers always have what we call 'webbing' that they wear like oversized belts. They carry your water, ammunition and various other items on your waist for easy access). However, as you can see, the webbing is non-existant in the game....

You know about webbing dont you Mauser? Well, i dont know what you Americans call it..I was in the cadets for two years....I know how to handle a weapon ...steyr as you will (yes ive fired live rounds...FUN FUN!)

Enemyways....

Found out that if you remove the 'precision 50.0' line from certain infantry weapons, the bots wont use them. Intruiging. I spent just my last few moments awake last night fine tuning everything after one HELL of a match in BF42...Here's some picks of doom! We lost, but only by a little bit:

^^ The street of Essen where the majority of the fighting took place. We were only able to hold onto it becuase of teh constant wave of paratroopers.

^^The street again. At the end of where im looking is the German held factory, which happens to be where they are all swarming in from.

^Street again

^^Death street again...this time we were able to get some air support....those Spitfires pounded that bridge and knocked out the Sturmtigers that weres shelling us on the street.

^^ Sitting in a hijacked Flakpanzer. Note the dumbass to the right...

^^ This time im on the anti aircraft gun, which just so happens to be able to slaughter ground units...
Note the sillhouettes of the Sturmtigers that are starting to move across the bridge. Dangerous Sturmtigers are...

The battle lasted for well over half an hour and there was much fighting in and around the main street. It was almost reminisant of Black Hawk Down...anyway, the bots put their new skills that i gave them to work, which resulted in this brutal engagement. I have a shot of the scores but its gone walkabouts lol...
Old 02-09-2007, 09:53 PM

To be honest, metaphorically, in BHD the player is ''throwing the magazine away and putting a new one in'', but there's no sign of webbing, no sign of a magazine on the ground, etc. so therefore, it feels as though the magazine is ''just moving away from the screen and put back in''...

Gonna test out my BHD map lol...

The CD has gone AWOL on me again... and looks worser with the saliva clean... Fortunately, one minute after it was in the drive, the drive started to read the CD...

Chris
Old 02-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

lol, like the BF2 ak-101 he just flips the clip and puts it back in after he has fliped it 5 times he still uses the same one.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
lol, like the BF2 ak-101 he just flips the clip and puts it back in after he has fliped it 5 times he still uses the same one.
Lol yeah, ive noticed that. Same thing goes for the game Killzone on PS2. The ISA assault rifle has two magazines that are taped together, expend one mag, and he takes the pair out and slides in the fresh one, with the empty one still hanging on. Waste that last one however, and instead of continuously using the emjpy weapons, the person with the assault rifle will reach down out of the screen and pull out a fresh new pair. Killzone FTW!

Lol found out some more messed up codes no thanks to EA/DICE. One being that bots never use the RPG7v. Solution? Replace it with the RPG2. Now ive got bots firing rockets at infantry. Ive got them using all other weapons, why not the rocket launchers? Its great.

Encountered a confusing issue with the pistols too. I want bots to use them as much as a main weapon, but as less as they use grenades. I have the strength set to 5.9 initially, yet at this, they rarely if ever used it. I set it to 6.0, and they'll just use pistols for anything, neglecting the main weapons. To solve this, i just gave the bots a 'range window'. Minrange of 15, maxrange of 20. Voila! Damn im a genius.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Believe it or not, for some reason, when you add LW sounds into BHD, the sound has lower volume than it originally has so tomorrow I'm gonna get all the LW sounds I added to the game (for the BHD MED) and increase sound using a program... and still, preserving the quality.

I feel that I'm pretty much all sussed with what I've done... and I've done pretty much all I have to do...

But believe it or not, I'm going to stumble across more problems daily and/or weekly, so yeah...

Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 04:05 AM

Just a random suggestion, go download the BF1942 single player demo. Like as soon as the oppurtunity arises. How big was Night's Edge mod? Under 100mb? Seriosuly dude, this demo rocks. You'll come across some very strange bugs (ie empty vehicles driving off by themselves XD). But its what amde me get the full game...

Just tweaked binocular and throwing knife usage in BF42. Played 3 rounds of a map in BFV. We lost 2-1 (best of 3 rounds). It was quiet good!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:43 PM

With all due respect, I don't care how worth it'll be... I'm not downloading it lol.

BTW, more bloody homework... and that means the delay on modding. However, school is getting funner for me now...

Chris
Old 02-12-2007, 07:52 PM

Your loss . Dont come crying to me when you get bored of everything.

And a warning; high school will get harder. And it wont be much fun by year 10 i'll tell ya that.

EDIT:
Have barely been doing any modding lately. Its all good as it is, just waiting for some replies from another forum. Been enjoying C&C: The First Decade too much to care about modding or mapping!

Last edited by Grenademan; 02-12-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:18 PM

I just realized the LW sounds in BHD won't work... and I dunno why lol.

I looked in the .lwf that stores ''profiles'' for the sounds and unfortunately, it doesn't tell you anything about how to work with them so I'm gonna pass lol.

The LAV Armory doesn't seem to work too... lol.

Well, I'm gonna try and see if I can change the position of the gun on the screen lol.

Chris
Old 02-13-2007, 12:18 AM

Got the bots to use the Cobra machinegun with great thanks to the people over at the battlefield single player forums. Its so ultra awesome now that the bots can do everything they could before. Shame on you EA/DICE! SHAME ON YOU!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:48 AM

lol was meant to say 'couldn't' instead of 'could' in that above post. Dang flippity nang it.

Did a massive clean up of BF42, its expansion packs and BFV's vehicle codes. Took me an hour to get everything sorted. You would not believe the ridiculouslness of some vehicle codes. Now that ive looked over them and fixed them, its no freakin wonder why the bots sucked in the first place. Its as if DICE was just assing around when they were making BFV. Such a shame.

So yeah...fixed all that up. Learnt a few things. Next up on the list: Tweaking the maps!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:58 PM

You got MSN Mauser?

Chris