Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: were we right to go to war
Yes 12 70.59%
No 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
This current War is not a conventional war. Precision weapons play a roll but you have to have boots on the ground to clean sweep or confirm the target(s). Satellites can't see everything. There are no lines clearly drawn like past Wars.

Chief, Jeff, Erik, chill please. No need for any partisan bickering. We all have opinions.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:29 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Yea but do take note we had our #1 chance to kill Osama back few years ago but the fighterpilot or whatever decided not to because he didnt know for sure if it was Bin Laden on the camels in the mountains and when they looked into the photos i think it took or something it showed was him.All the pilot had to do is fire that one rocket he would of died.

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 02-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Simple answer? Yes. Look at it this way...someone rapes your girlfriend...you find out and said well that happens better luck next time.

I could go on with the same ideology like Chief and Troj have but they summed it up.

As far as Blair in Bush's ass? Your a ignorant fool. He seen it the same way as many of us did...a threat is a threat doesn't matter if he is 15ft from you or 15,000 miles...you do what you do to be safe.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Geez m8 calm down Your getting all mad over nothing!You cant always believe what papers say either.How do you know Bush is not trying to help you because he has to go through steps with Congress in order to help the people sometimes.Dont get mad at people unless you know the facts.I have noticed some NewsPaper details about Bush that can be all hocus pcous crap because if your 20 even you should know the newspeople lie most of the time not all but alot of the time they do! Now i know Bush has did some things in past to make everyone mad but even you make mistakes and do stuff you regret and sometimes you have to do it!Am i right or not?

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 02-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
Chief, im not sure where your hostility is coming from, i thought were were simply having a mature discussion of opinion here? Read my history book? Been there done that. I just dont think you're understanding my question/opinion.

(this may put me in a bad position but..)
Chief if you're going to flash your NHQ Staff tag any time you don't agree with a little something someone says you'll really have to get a reality check and clue in to how this is just freedom of expression and people showing their views on a situation.

Dont worry Troy, I'm as cool as ice my friend.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:49 PM

Well listen here Jeff, it is, but when you get carried away like Eric did, then thats when Chief had a right to step in.Erics reply made it seem as if he was getting out of hand and carried away with freedom of speach.No one here including Chief thats on staff has never really jumped on me unless i said something offensive, or seemed as if i was getting carried away with the topic.Ive been here about 2-3 years maybe 4 also.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 02-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
Ok guys! Quit pointing fingers and get back on topic now please or I will have to close this thread and I don't want to.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Jeff i like having these chats with you can trying to see were you are coming from, and when some one think a thread is all b/s when it not.

no Jeff i ask that to know who i am talking to. to get a better understanding were you coming from your point of view, i never got mad about it or inflame about your say in the thread, don't mean it that way, i ask a lot of member of their age so i get a better look who i am talking to.

i think all people should serve their country arm force to learn about the world around them and they be come a better person. and besides finish schooling totally. history is what we learn from pass mistakes people make and what we make look forward for actions we make take as in war there no way there going to be any winners or loser in it all be hurt in it.

i don't think people should be looking at the death toll at all, they should be looking for ways to get it over with and leave these countrys totally when they get a better handle on control when is going on in their own land. can't leave IRAQ over night leave them hanging there that not right, we wipe out their arm force they have none at all there, till they get their act together we are stuck there.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-01-2006, 03:17 PM

I would Chief but it takes to long to get in the Navy Seals or anything good like that i want to do.My aunt just retired like few months ago cause it was her 20th year there as a firefighter and she said wasnt anything like she expected.Her and her friend had got split up when she joined or not long after.Anyways she told me the Admiral or captain began to like her after he made her mad over something which wasnt her fault cause she cursed him out and can see her point of view.Anyways i would server my country but i really dont think i could stand it like 4-6 years waiting to get in the Seals cause i definetly dont want Marines cause not interested.Military Police was what my dad said might be best for me if i wanted anything.

I got a purpose right now in life to either become a Scientist or US Marshall and im still serving my country doing that.Nothin anyone says will ever lead me away from my goals i want to achieve unless i feel something unlawful or wrong is taking place.

My dad served in army and there was no war going on when he did!He told me one thing i know is true.When you get over there your friends will turn on you before you now it most of the time cause most of them only want to save thereself to reach the mission objective or they just dont care cause of whats going on around them they get mad at you and stop trusting you.Another thing i have learned if you cant really trust anyone and its the higher ranks job to see you die or do your job assigned!

Alot of our soldiers i know were killed by ourselves due to dislikes and racism.In war your weapon and knowledge is only two things that can really save you.Always sleep with your weapon.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 02-01-2006, 03:27 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

guys calm down come on..

i think at the end of the day, your mind is made up if you support/dont support the war depending if you have former army experience, have relatives fighting, or know people who have been, or even if your planning on joining..

i support it for one simple reason, i saw people over here suffer in the hands of the IRA, been displaced from their homes and having to move country and have different names, i saw pictures and videos from iraq, seeing how they were suffering in the hands of sadam (yes there has been civ. deaths since the war started, but theres an average of 20 civs been killed each day by insurgents, if we didn't have the problem of insurgents everyone would be backing our troops, but since they are there, theres a loop-hole effect, and everyone is turning their backs because its taking longer than they thought, its a war they cant time it, it could end in a month, or years, look at bosnia, theres still peacekeeping happening there years after) id be interested to know how many died every year under sadams throne.. can you imagine the man running your country gassing villiages with chemicals? killing people of his own nation? people disappearing? no bodies ever found until a mass grave is discovered, then we find out on CNN..

before people make their minds up they should do more background checks, i can remember about 4 weeks before my birthday when it was getting close, watching CNN live pictures from Baghdad.. i was 12 at the time, and i was sitting, in amazement because i had never seen anything like it before, after awhile it was still going on, can remember seeing the statue getting toppled in Baghdad, did you see the relief of those peoples faces?

then finally, the odds of capturing one man in such a big country, now he is been put before a court (although seems abit picky about lots of his judges..)

it was sad to reach the milestone of 100 dead british soldiers, yes i know the US suffered alot more, they have a bigger presence and are targeted more, it was only in the last year and a half that the insurgents started attacking the british more (as the violence moved towards the british held zones)

.. lets try and keep it civilised?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Visor*CP*/visor_dflw
very true and sad, there are all types of people in the service. you never know till your meet some one to know what they are really like or show their true color.

thanks BB
for them words of wisdom very good point
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-01-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Erik is offline Erik

My post was getting outa hand? What post did you read? You've got to be kidding me...im not freaking out telling people to read books cause they arent as smart as others.

Whatever...deal with it.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:22 PM
hutchie is offline hutchie

wow this has been up about 4 days and it shows alot of interst.

i agree with the fact that osama bin ladan should be caught. as he is responcable for the 9/11 attack and he should be brought to justice. but we should consintrate on afganastan as iraq never opposed a threat to britain, the usa or america, there is no point in sending innosent soldiers to there deaths for a war that is a waste of tax payers money

Old 02-03-2006, 04:00 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

"i agree with the fact that osama bin ladan should be caught. as he is responcable for the 9/11 attack and he should be brought to justice. but we should consintrate on afganastan as iraq never opposed a threat to britain, the usa or america, there is no point in sending innosent soldiers to there deaths for a war that is a waste of tax payers money"

Even though im against it in the first place, I don't consider it a waste

My photography website

Old 02-03-2006, 05:57 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Make love not war! Enough said!

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 02-04-2006, 09:53 AM
JonM is offline JonM

Simply put....

The war on terror is not a waste,
The war on terror is good,
troj, bb, and chief have all proven good points.
Simply put though, I don't think my opinion much matters really in determing if this war is really good. Soldiers could tell us first hand. Curiously a large precent of the soldiers agree with the war and like what they are doing. A while back troj posted stats about what has happened in Iraq. It shows so many good things. Like 15 hospitals open, 1,500 schools open. Or somethign. YOu'll have to check that
Old 02-04-2006, 04:42 PM

Listen Northern you need to chill bro this is second time or third you have said something leading to rudeness!

Just cause someone says something dont make it true until it can be proven true! So lighten up on going berserk.

If you cant post wiithout saying something that makes you flip then dont post to the topic.

Some people might not like your opinions but atleast there not making up rude comments about it.

We support everyones beliefs not only ours.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Last edited by .DareDevil.; 02-04-2006 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:09 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
Make love not war! Enough said!
If only.......

Regards
Closed Thread