Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-04-2002, 03:08 AM
~CRS~ Opus is offline ~CRS~ Opus

Send a message via ICQ to ~CRS~ Opus
So When is the realease date, any inside info?

Anbody have any info on weapons and character types that will be used in BHD? By info I mean stuff that isn't posted on Novalogic.com.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:55 AM
(Old)
Unregistered

NL keep pretty tight lipped bout there games, exeptr what you can find on the website and in the demo pff (some breifings) there isnt much, we do know that they are making it realistic as possible re:the weapons so no m4-a1 or barret etc.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:38 PM
Romeo Eight Jul is offline Romeo Eight Jul

Send a message via Yahoo to Romeo Eight Jul
Quote:
so no m4-a1 or barret etc.
Hmm, in the Discovery Channel's show "Navy Seals: In harm's way", I seem to recall that, during the segment where they talked about the SEAL weaponry and equipment, one of the SEALs interviewed was talking about sniping a Somali in a Technical with a .50 BMG Sniper rifle. I honestly don't recall which model he said he was using, but there really aren't too many different manufacturers of .50 BMG rifles that the US military would be likely to use. The only .50 BMG rifles I've ever seen any US Military unit carry or use would be a Barrett. Since rifle technology, as in every other area, has constantly been improved, I wonder if any units are using the Barrett M99 yet...It's apparently much more accurate than the M82A1, but the drawback is that it's Bolt-action...
Old 12-05-2002, 10:51 PM

Quote:
so no m4-a1 or barret etc.
Hmm, in the Discovery Channel's show "Navy Seals: In harm's way", I seem to recall that, during the segment where they talked about the SEAL weaponry and equipment, one of the SEALs interviewed was talking about sniping a Somali in a Technical with a .50 BMG Sniper rifle. I honestly don't recall which model he said he was using, but there really aren't too many different manufacturers of .50 BMG rifles that the US military would be likely to use. The only .50 BMG rifles I've ever seen any US Military unit carry or use would be a Barrett. Since rifle technology, as in every other area, has constantly been improved, I wonder if any units are using the Barrett M99 yet...It's apparently much more accurate than the M82A1, but the drawback is that it's Bolt-action...
Old 12-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Alistair is offline Alistair

I'm guessing shortly after the release of DirectX 9.0... everytime BHD has been delayed it has coincided with a DirectX 9 delay...
Old 12-07-2002, 11:22 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
I wonder if any units are using the Barrett M99 yet.

Yup Yup the Dutch Green Berets (commandos) use them. (well the few selected to "play" as the sniper)

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-12-2002, 10:39 PM

Very cool, Katana...that M99 is SWEET...i wouldn't mind having one...for "varmints", mind you...