Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
Post His Majesty, the King of Jordan in Mississippi:

King of Jordan to Deliver Address on Middle East, Live. A webcast is planned..

His Majesty King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein, King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, delivers an address Feb. 3 focusing on the latest developments in the Middle East, Jordan’s reform process and King Abdullah’s efforts to promote interfaith dialogue and cross-cultural understanding. The speech will be webcast live.

Newswise — His Majesty King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein, King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, delivers an address Feb. 3 at the University of Mississippi.

The address is to focus on the latest developments in the Middle East, Jordan’s reform process and King Abdullah’s efforts to promote interfaith dialogue and cross-cultural understanding. Sponsored by the university’s Trent Lott Leadership Institute, the king’s visit includes a meeting with university students and officials, capped by a public address at 2 p.m (Central) at the Ford Center for the Performing Arts.

The speech and a question-and-answer session with students will be broadcast live over the Internet. To view the webcast, go to http://www.olemiss.edu and follow the link at the bottom.

For security reasons, the audience will be screened and must be seated one hour prior to the king’s public address. Doors to the Ford Center will open at noon and free, limited seating is on a first-come, first-admitted basis. No electronic devices, large bags or backpacks are permitted in the auditorium.

“King Abdullah is a progressive leader and one of the Middle East region’s leading voices of moderation,” said William Gottshall, executive director of the Lott Institute.

Educated at Sandhurst and Oxford in England and Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., King Abdullah joined the Jordanian military in 1984. He became head of Jordan’s Special Forces in 1994, and attained the rank of major general in 1998. He succeeded to the crown in 1999 upon the death of his father, Hussein I, whose moderate policies he has continued.

King Abdullah has worked toward the establishment of a comprehensive solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict, in addition to continuing Jordan’s policies of being a moderate voice in the Middle East.

“We are very honored to have King Abdullah visit the university,” said Richard Forgette, chair of the UM Department of Political Science. “It is great opportunity and ideal time for our students to learn about Jordan and the politics of the Middle East. Particularly, students concerned with the global and Middle Eastern politics, political economy and security issues will benefit from attending.”

The king has also been involved in the drive for national administrative reform, as well as governmental transparency and accountability. King Abdullah has been working on the advancement of civil liberties, making Jordan one of the most progressive countries in the Middle East.

King Abdullah has also been working on promoting the Amman Message, an initiative that elucidates the true values of Islam and promotes tolerance and understanding among faiths.

“Presenting national and world leaders to our students is a responsibility we embrace,” said UM Chancellor Robert Khayat. “Thanks to Senator Lott and Bill Gottshall, our community has a rare opportunity to meet and hear the dynamic, highly respected King of Jordan. February 3 will be an exciting day at Ole Miss.”

For more information or for assistance related to a disability, call 662-915-7236. For more information on the Lott Leadership Institute, go to http://www.lottinst.olemiss.edu/
(tobie baker)

[Source]

I'd like to say that I truly admire this great Leader and I welcome him to Mississippi with open arms. May we have a long standing relationship to futher our faith in humanity and culture interaction between Governments and our People. I am honored to be only 45 minutes away from this Great Man!

Last edited by Troy; 02-03-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Troy he not totally bad crap his wife is a american did you know that, and a sweet knockout too.

can't judge him for his people action he really done no then bad by him self thats been in the news, if anything he maybe like to move to the USA get out before of of his so call people kill him too. i would not think it be easy driven around think is there a bomber for me?

you know you have to keep them nut case's happy who are walking around or they may come for you too in them meddle eastern countrys. ether way i don't take 2c to think what other say, you have to keep them terrorist groups happy they are all around him 7/24 a day in them areas.

it be a sweet break for him get away for a time i think, maybe we will ruboff on him a change of heart may happen.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-04-2006, 08:09 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

He's pretty americanised. Mom and wife both are american. As americanised as they can come

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 02-05-2006, 01:25 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will i have to say he been trying really hard to push his country in the right direction. have to give my hat off to him.

may he have a long life and many children 20+
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]