Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

View Poll Results: NEED HELP ON MAP MAKING
NEED HELP ON MAP MAKING 2 100.00%
NEED HELP ON MAP MAKING 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2006, 05:17 PM
DARK PLASMA is offline DARK PLASMA

Important Need Help On Making Maps Im Newbie

HUGE I NEED HELP ON MAKING MAPS PLEASE PM ME AND TELL ME EVERY THING! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 09:50 AM
I.P.C.JPP88L is offline I.P.C.JPP88L

I use the instuction manual in your start menu>novalogic>instuctions pdf:tells u all u need to get started but also look up chopper intsructions on nova or other forums because they are not very helpful in manual.You must choose type of terrain you want (eg.DVD1)then place start player marker.Click on marker then on box bottom left of screen with player marker attributes.Once this box is clicked change markers colour group to blue this is where u start game.Next name map same place as u choose terrain save as <name of map>then save and export that map.Now press windows key load up game (leave med on)and look for maps name in single player mode(make sure u have not selected a type of game DM,TDM or CTF.)start map and u should be only thing around.As u place things into map keep game running helps see what is going on.Everytime u place a new object from med into map if u go back to game(game res should not be same as desktops so if desktop is set 800x600 then in game should be not the same or will not go back to desktop)press escape then press R to restart map if objects do not appear then u will have to reload map from single player(escape exit game) but this method is good if u have already used objects in map already and will appear straight away you will use things more than once per map,save and export mission,back to game and see how land lies.Once you have used items in med on map things move faster so the sooner you use differnt objects the quicker you build this is a good way to see how ladders and such are going.Also you can download my snipermaps at novaxchange and use parts already with ladders and such already set all you do is copy and paste the but alays better doing it yourself.Sorry but i am useless with choppers only just learnt how to set up hummers to pickup and drive
Old 12-10-2006, 11:15 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Dark Plasma, DO NOT capitalize everything. See

and

and
http://www.novahq.net/?show=utilitie...ew_files&id=11

Also dont create polls for nothing... Its a waste of precious bandwidth.

IPC, can you read the text normal the way it is typed? Because i cant when everythign is stuck together like this...

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by katana*GFR*
Dark Plasma, DO NOT capitalize everything. See

and

and
http://www.novahq.net/?show=utilitie...ew_files&id=11

Also dont create polls for nothing... Its a waste of precious bandwidth.

IPC, can you read the text normal the way it is typed? Because i cant when everythign is stuck together like this...
Way to put it katana*GFR*!

Yeah, Scott pays craploads every month to keep this bird up lol.

And no offense to the people who do this, but I hate it how people ask questions like this that are so demanding. You've got plenty of choices.

Ask nicely, use the damn Search.

Teach yourself like me. God...

Thankyou lol.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
well you know, some of those posts seem a little condescending.

dark plasma, please read the manual, its how everyone gets started

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 PM

Hate it how some people register on these forums just to ask a question and when we have good answers they leave.

Out of the 12,000 registered members at NovaHQ only about 100-150 of them actually go on the forums often...

Yeah, read the manual.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
or they just leave because they get flamed

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 12-13-2006, 04:01 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
what I think is funny is that in the time it takes to post the lengthy posts about using the search button, the answer could be given.

The more answers there are floating around, the more hits the search will return.

I think a more favorable responce would be simple answer, with a friendly reminder of the search. Similar to Mstenger404's first reply here.

I agree with Mstenger404, who is going to want to post questions if they will just be met with these kind of responces?

Got to keep in mind that not every one is used to forums.

On the other hand, a post demanding an answer may not deserve one period

IcI
Old 12-13-2006, 04:13 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Thats why i put the link in it to the tutorial section..

i dont mean to be rude altho it may sound so, but how hard is it to find a answer to your question on this forum? A lot of subjects have been discussed here and even more answers are floating around.

the thing that ticked me off was the all capitalized.. And he actually didnt asked a question that is to the point... And the poll that is goign about nothing... it should be in soam or deleted imho..

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-13-2006, 04:36 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
to you and I it isn't hard.

To some one who may have never used a forum, next to impossible. I don't put any thing by visitors.

In theory, yes they should be able to read and see "search" and know what it does, but it has been my experience that people don't alway see things they way they should (lol, I once had to specificly describe to a person how to download winamp: "The big button on the top right corner that says download. click it". it wasn't enough to just say "go to this place and download it").

And like I said, his post probably didn't deserve any answer. I read it when he first posted and just over looked it due to the big letters and the demanding way it was posted, and the feeling that he wasn't even trying to figure it out, he just wants some one else to do the work for him.

I don't know his forum experience, all I know is it is a pretty common trend to just blurt out use the search button instead of providing a semi-helpful answer with a friendly reminder about the search button.

IcI
Old 12-13-2006, 11:00 PM

Your vocabulary is GOOD! ^

Chris_OJB_DF645 --