Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 01-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Protector is offline Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Protector
i say u leave the probelm cause if it turns out people push NL so far they will charge for the internet game which i dont think any of us want like they said there is ways to stop this cheating like u can get a patch so u can play server with anti cheat on them so only the peopl with the anti cheat can play them the thing we shud b targeting and askin is how the people who made these cheats can make them they must have summit to do with NL in some way to b able to make cheats for the game we need to hunt down the makers of the cheats first

I Got Mixed Feelings About The Sig So Im Keeping Them Both
Old 01-04-2003, 02:40 PM
_|()R|Z is offline _|()R|Z

Send a message via ICQ to _|()R|Z
Re: Re: Re: old school...

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
i have people from euro come in on 56k and its most of the time LOWEr than the usa peeps who come in (im a usa host)
so all the eu 56k players are cheaters?
Old 01-04-2003, 03:35 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
no, it means tehy arent, pretty much the only person who ever has a high time is 1 guy on my squad whos on a router, people from norway etc dont have problems in my server
Old 01-06-2003, 11:53 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Quote:
Originally posted by HØWÁRÐ †hè Ðû¢k
but they almost always get me in one shot with a mag,500 m away...with no scope?!
LOL.
You wouldnt like playing with Panther then.
Thats a skill not a cheat and isnt as tough as it looks once you have played the game 24/7 for 2 years or so.

Old 01-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Desciple is offline Desciple

yowsers, well that does it...

but i love watching those freakin flying shooters who can walk on air.......

they were funny to kill......"oh, you can't kill me." "why not?" "um, im not supposed to die"......"LOL, you got the wrong trainer........LOL, die cheather"........LOL

I have lost my mind, can you help me?

Send Siggies..............
Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 01-06-2003, 01:01 PM
staffy bull is offline staffy bull

lmao yeah and then they have the nerve to call you a cheat because you`ve killed them
Old 06-16-2004, 04:27 PM
bud curtis is offline bud curtis

I BELIEVE NOVA COULD TAKE A VOTE AS 2 WHAT SERVERS 2 DUPLICATE OF THEIR GAMES THEY HAVE UP IN FORUMS AND DUPLICATE THEM AND AD CB WITH AUTO DUMP AS TO WHAT OPEN SNIPERS HAS. U DONT C CHEATS THERE BECAUSE CB REQUIRED AND IT IS A FAIR PLAY 4 NONCHEATS SO WHAT COULD B HARDER
BUD CURTIS
Old 06-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Lister of Smeg is offline Lister of Smeg

Sorry about the slow ping!!! Some of us are stuck with 56k as we can't get Broadband in rural areas. I have no intention of stopping gaming to satisfy others!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:19 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
what i think they should do it hire some of these players that play novaworld. Have about 3 admins for each game that they have out. I mean i no there will be alot of honest gamers out there that play for fun that would ba happy to do that. You just make sure who they are and a background check so they wont go ban ppl that they dont like. They can do this and they can get admins to ban cheats for free.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 06-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Cujo>DK< is offline Cujo>DK<

Send a message via Yahoo to Cujo>DK<
Ok I know I don't know much about programming myself, but how about they just cut everyone down from 4 accounts to 1 or 2?

And since everyone has a unique PCID/CD KEY, once a person has changed the name on their accounts a certain number of times (which we all know, once they're caught, cheaters are coming up with new names every hour or so) then they will receive a message telling them that they have reached the maximum amount of name changes for this account..

And how about the AOL oldie but goodie "To continue use of this product please call ***-****"

Make the cheats try to call NovaLogic and explain why they have changed their name so many times.

And considering how old LW is, once a players CDKEY is banned from Novalogic hosted games, I can just about guarantee they're gonna have a hard time finding another retail copy of the game to install.

So in summary cutting everyone down to 1-2 NovaWorld accounts would curtail alot of this cheating madness.

I mean if you don't cheat, then you really wouldn't have much reason to change your accounts that much.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:19 PM
score is offline score

Send a message via ICQ to score
Nova does what they can to keep cheats out, and if you really didn't want cheats, you would call Nova's number while they are in the server. THE BOTTOM LINE IS: Nova does a damn good job at keeping cheats out a game that is free to play online. My brother plays SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) and there are no cheats because many programmers play. But the main reason there are no cheats is because they charge a monthly fee. It costs him about $15 extra a month to play, because of all the updates there are. Nova could start charging us for every patch they come out with, but they don't. Eventually, if people keep complaining to Nova, they WILL institute a monthly fee, and none of us want that. Do your best to keep cheats out, and don't complain to Nova.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
I tell the truth even w`en I lie. - Al Pacino, Scarface
-
------------------------------

only the good die young
Old 06-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
punk buster would only be the asker to the stats servers as for cheat-blocker host and player end user only.

cheat-blocker can not support BHD/TS do to things in the program will not work with it.

it would be nice if Nova use the cheat-blocker but don't see it in the future at all sorry, lucky they are on the team with punkbuster as it is in J.O. that part of it should be out in may 2004.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Chief ADFP

will some time all go AE Games gone hog wild banned a lot of players for a lot of reason think in one day they banned 500+ players it was on the news, maybe Novalogic.Inc take a break if i do mean If they have any free time on their hands go hog-wild to and make patchs and banning like crazy. but i really think if they let Punkbuster handle the new games that have Stats to them and close down their host servers for DF1/2 only let the public one be up it be sweet again.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Chief ADFP

a note:
oh did you know that DFLW,TFD,BHD-TS are remote hosted game with nova and DF: 1/2 are not that means they would have to have a person they at the server to ban a player 24hrs in them older game.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:06 PM
(SH*PR*)
Unregistered

clans that are doing league games have my fully support using any anti cheat program, having spectators and whatever...that should be STANDARD

but the general puplic server, that is administrated does not need it as standard..I would not flame them
, for example
we were hosting over 12 month BHD and there were less then 100 cheaters that I know about have banned this time...and that with probatly
over 50.000 different clients...

like i said..if its a league competition there is no other way then enabling anti cheat programs
Old 06-20-2004, 10:15 AM
(SH*PR*)
Unregistered

actually we are having a discussion because of PunkBuster
yes or no on our server...

reason for that is the fact alot of our members are playing Americas Army and having experience with Punkbuster..

there are 2 fractions

1) they say that PunkBuster-servers are attracting cheaters and hackers to bypass it and for that our server would not be target if no hosted with PB, because we are observing and administrating server we are able to solve the problem ourself,
exspecially because PB would cause randomly problems and unidentified anormalities for some clients

2) they say that we must use PunkBuster because every noob-cheater downloading cheats would surely search for not protected servers and the amount of cheaters would increase therefore, that woulb become worser then the problems we might experience with PB

what do you think about? Any additional arguments what normal-not league playing-clans-servers should do?
Old 06-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Chief ADFP

will i did look into PB banned listing for: Amercan army 0-banned on the listing and BF 1942 i seen only 14 players banned for cheating.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:46 PM
oleman is offline oleman

First off you have to eliminate the Idea of totally getting rid of cheaters. That will never happen as long as theres programers trying out thier skills on new programs. And if you eliminate the prgramers you just shut down the entire Web. Not ot mention Computers. Phones ect.
The best way is to focus on solutions we can use to avoid the cheaters.

1. If you see a cheater quit playing or move to another server

if they dont have anyone to cheat against they lose thier purpose.

2. Absolutely require what the game developers have given you to combat cheaters

require the users of your server to be registered and logged in to the main server in question. Alot of server panels give you the option to require log in

Alot of the time reg users that do not cheat are accused of cheating mostly due to thier connection
read the difference between static and dynamic IP it Kind of like the differance between AC and DC current.

lastly. cheaters feed off of how mad they can make you. Dont give in. Its not like getting a pot of gold if you have High score. They just want the satisfaction of hearing you whine.