Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:59 PM
newplayer is offline newplayer

I have some questions regarding CHAM

I have some questions regarding CHAM, or CHAMMING that hopefully someone can answer here.

I was told by the technician that just fixed my crashed system, that CHAM is when an opposing player hacks into my system through the game server and can see my screen view, which ultimately gives my location away.

My questions are:[list=1][*]Is that a correct definition of CHAM?[*]Can the CHAMMER apply a virus to my CPU, or delete required OS files? - which did happen during play[*]Is it CHAM when my view bounces up & right? - usually just before I get shot[*]How can I prevent CHAMMING to my CPU?[*]Can a CHAMMER access/view my personal files?[/list=1]

Thanks
Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

as far as i know thats impossible, well through the game it is

chams are usually third person programs that allow these sort of things

* see enemies on ur GPS
* see through walls
* shine hack

etc

the effect u get when u get shot and ur player moves slightly is just what dfx does sometimes

a player who uses chams cant do this, but a computer hacker can...
Old 03-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess what's been happening to me sounds more like a hacker. The movement to my view/aim ONLY happens seconds before I get shot and usually while I'm in a pretty good location, behind cover. Which makes me suspect that something is wrong.

Does a game hacker have access to my complete system - Hard drive/sys registry - and what I can do to protect my system from being hacked while I play DFX? I currently use multiple leading security/firewall programs with auto update.

Thanks

p.s. what's a SHINE HACK?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Any firewall can be gotten through, and it sounds like a trojan that used an open port (DFX), that gave the hacker remote access.

Question is what have you downloaded latly? what are the firewall settings?

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 03-30-2007, 01:31 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Chamming is also lagging to ''make it easier'' to kill you. Lagging is when you're playing on a real slow connection and yeah...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by newplayer
Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess what's been happening to me sounds more like a hacker. The movement to my view/aim ONLY happens seconds before I get shot and usually while I'm in a pretty good location, behind cover. Which makes me suspect that something is wrong.

Does a game hacker have access to my complete system - Hard drive/sys registry - and what I can do to protect my system from being hacked while I play DFX? I currently use multiple leading security/firewall programs with auto update.

Thanks

p.s. what's a SHINE HACK?
im 99% sure its not a hacker, its what DFX does sometimes.. same with JO and BHD.. u get hit and ur sights move dramatically

like Jet says, all firewalls can b broken thru.. even the ones that companies pay £1000's on

a shine hack is whenever a cham highlights a player (making them brighter) so that they stand out more
Old 03-30-2007, 05:34 AM

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Quote:
Question is what have you downloaded latly? what are the firewall settings?
Firewall setting are on HIGH w/ multiple firewall programs - all up to date. Nothing but DFX on a brand new HD.

NP
Old 03-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Milenko is offline Milenko

Send a message via ICQ to Milenko
scan your system for spyware and virus's.
Do not download anything to "help" in DFX or any other titles unless it comes from a reputable source such as novahq.net.

free spyware remover (spybot): http://www.safer-networking.org/

free virus scan: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

You Down with the clown?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Do a search for bhd cheats on youtube and you will get to see exactly what they look like. also knowing what the cheaters are doing helps to spot them. one of my squads server admins has tested quite a few cheats to learn how they work and what to look for when your hosting in a game. and hes gotten dam good at spoting them.

I was pretty sure it is lag causing the problem, and now that you had your comp fixed are you still having problems with data missing?

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 03-31-2007, 02:33 AM

I'll check out YouTube to view the examples of cheats. Thanks.

My system is good now. Seems much faster now - connection speed and performance.