Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Seems I can host? I was able to put up a Serve and play but don't know if it is working for others to be able to join
Old 11-27-2011, 08:44 PM

Blah! Blah! Blah!
NovaLogic Support
Knowledge Base Article

Question:
Why can’t I update my game?

Answer:
If you cannot use the Update Game option on the main menu of the game first check with your Internet Provider to find out if you can connect to an ftp server. All of our in-game update servers are ftp domain servers.

You may need to upgrade your game to the most recent available version in order to see and play on all games available on Novaworld.

Either use the built-in update utility or try downloading the patch for your particular game directly from our website at www.novalogic.com. This will ensure a complete and accurate update to your game.

Contact you ISP & ask them if they are using Page Caching on their server. If they are, have them add this address to their BYPASS LIST: http://novaworld.net for the Novaworld games.

Page Cache takes a copy of our Novaworld game page. And when you connect you go to that copy page. Problem is the Page Cache page does not update as often as the Novaworld pages. So as the Novaworld & Public games pages refresh, adding and subtracting games, your ISP page stays as you first see it.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 PM

NovaLogic Support
Knowledge Base Article

Question:
I use a router to when connecting to the Internet, why can't I host or connect into the Novaworld games?

Answer:
DSL/Cable Routers (NAT being Network Address Translation devices like cable/dl routers. Some firewalls act like NAT devices too.) take the IP address given you by your ISP and split it into mutiple addresses on the subnet of your LAN.

To connect to Novaworld each computer joining MUST have its own distinct IP address. This is the address that your ISP gave you and not the one on the subnet of the router.

If you are hosting a game from behind a router you will need to set the outbound port, or trigger and the incoming port the same as the firewall ports for the game.

You can play behind a NAT device. But you CAN NOT have multiple clients behind a single NAT device because of the requirement that each computer connecting must have its on distinct IP address.

You will need to contact the manufacture of the router for assistance on how to accomplish the set up. We do not supply support for the router.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:47 PM

NovaLogic Support
Knowledge Base Article

Question:
Why am I receiving a SYSDUMP.TXT error in the game?

Answer:
SYSDUMPs are generated by the game when the game tells Windows (using DirectX) to perform a function. Windows then instructs the hardware (using the hardware\'s drivers) to generate the image or sound. If for any reason there is confusion in the process, you receive a sysdump.

We have also found that Athlon and Duron motherboards with VIA and AMD chipsets are much more sensitive to proper driver installation than any other configuration. Be sure to update all of the following to the most recent available from each manufacturer:

- The latest BIOS for your particular motherboard

- The latest Chipset drivers for your motherboard, including the latest AGP Miniport driver

- The most recent video card and soundcard drivers for your system

Make sure that no anti-virus software is running in Windows when you play the game (especially Norton Anti-Virus). These programs conflict with the normal processes of the game and may be the source of your system crashes.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:48 PM

A note here about sysdump errors:
Check the game map for Null entities, they will crash the map
Old 11-27-2011, 09:08 PM

DF2 $ 4.99 USD you get 3mths gold membership, cheaper than purchasing it (you can't get gold on it's own at the moment)
BHD $ 14.99 USD
BHDTS Expansion $ 9.99 USD
Old 11-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Trooper is offline Trooper

yeah but it should via df favs or df2 pinger..
Old 11-28-2011, 03:18 AM

with routers if u google up how to open ports it should explain for every router .. i have a new router out...newish from virgin media and thats on google showing how to do the ports for df2 i was suprised... stompem u on virgin aswell ? at this rate ima pay some1 to make my DF work im being serious lol
Old 11-28-2011, 04:34 AM

My Df2 was working up until 3 days ago. Servers are gone. Permenant? Try NovaLogic Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/NovaLogicInc
Old 11-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffiti View Post
with routers if u google up how to open ports it should explain for every router .. i have a new router out...newish from virgin media and thats on google showing how to do the ports for df2 i was suprised... stompem u on virgin aswell ? at this rate ima pay some1 to make my DF work im being serious lol
No I am a little fish in the Bigpond
In Australia Bigpond has the monopoly on Cable LAN to Internet using the TCP/IPv4 Protocol and at 100Mbs it's not the best (new and faster optical system coming) but better than wireless for net play any day of the week.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:23 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Just an option to try ... Check with DFreload.

They're probably the best hope for the earlier DF software.
http://www.dfreload.com/forum/files....category&id=15

Also, see ...

http://www.novalogic.com/games.asp?gamekey=df2

http://www.nova-inside.com/index.php?sid=4

http://www.freewebs.com/phobosx3/
Old 11-29-2011, 02:42 AM

i will check this out , thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 03:42 AM

you know what bcoz u guys r so helpful you would think novaworld/logic would link this site as they dont bloody anser to our questions , thats the least they could do for us gamers who like to play the old games or have they lol ?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:56 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Nova don't care ...

JMHO, but Nova puts out a title and they get their bucks then they say "to hell with it, heres' our next newest product". ... Maybe(?) one or two updates to fix the errors ... then that's it.

But then, that's typical ...
Old 12-05-2011, 02:27 AM

this topic is worth a sticky i would say
Old 12-13-2011, 02:18 AM

DFLW working online !!! i had to download dflw_no_von as my soundcard was affecting me jloining game's , so i disabled realtech , now my friend is possibaly making a df2 no von etc
Old 12-13-2011, 04:12 AM

Very good. yes I think I mentioned that DFLW is still up.