Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-27-2004, 11:13 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
personally, i think people should be able to do what they want. If that means marring a person of the same sex, then so be it. People have the freedom to do what they want to do. If they ban gays and lesbians marrages, then that is taking away peoples freedom.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 02-28-2004, 05:49 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

The question is,if we allow homosexual marriage, where do we draw the line next? Allow them to adopt children? If children are raised by homosexuals will they not think that is the normal way of life? If that's so are we not then denying the children their own freedom of choice?

What about the moslem world? In their eyes homosexuals are degenerates and they will never tolerate same sex relationships. How do we deal with that? Wage war against the moslem world in the name of freedom? Then what of the rights of the moslems to be free to follow their own path of worship and belief?

Homosexuals are in a minority and as such far to much time and money is spent pandering to their ideas and their rights, what of the rest of society? Should we not be given a chance to vote on this? If we believe in democracy surely a plebisite should be held and in the spirit of democracy should not everyone accept the findings of such a vote?

I have no axe to grind in regard to homosexuality in general but I do believe a line has to be drawn some where in the interests of a free and stable society of which marriage between women and men is corner stone.

We have to be careful in what we accept as the norm or we may open up a whole new can of worms that we neither wanted or expected.

Regards
Old 02-28-2004, 10:17 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
I think it's wrong in some ways.

1. If you're gay, you can't have babies, so there goes the whole reproduction things. If you wanna adopt a child, then good for you, adopt one. what I hate is the people that go and get some artificial insemination thing happening, that pisses me off. You wanna have a kid, get with a guy/girl or adopt one, that one more kid that doesn't need to live in the adoption places, and one less kid that may turn out to a killer or something.

2. newsome ( I think that's the name of the mayer in san francisco CA let gays get married without breaking the law, He himself was breaking the law by doing that. That makes me mad. That like saying this entire weekend you can smoke crack and shoot heroin all you want without being arrested, if we break the law for this, does this mean mayors will start breaking laws for OTHER people?

3. There will be mass confusion. If people say, I got married yesterday, someone might say, oh how is thw wife? , maybe this will offend a gay man. On invitations to dinner parties and such, will we need to put "please bring you wife/husband/life parter"? This will be true because we would need to be "polotically correct".

4. I hate the fact that they prance around like their starting a revolution, jesus christ, just spend your life with the one you love, if you get married, so be it, don't f**king put it on the news in front of everyone so everyone knows you got married, do you see straight couples doing that? NO.

5. we're teaching our kids that it's okay to be gay, not I'm not saying it's not good to be gay, I mean I know some really nice gay people, but this will be giving them the decision to be like, I think I'm gonna dip my d*ck into this for a little while. If being gay catches on then diseases will spread on, and the population would lower (not by THAT much mind you).

my 5 cents