Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Novahq a Year that was 2005

Has been a big year for the ever-evolving NovaHQ, we take a look back at the major events and some useless facts of 2005

1st Quarter

What with NHQ continually expanding, it was decided that to keep up with everything, we would need another admin, after some hunting around and looking at potential candidates, Trojan was awarded the position. So far Trojan has taken over the bulk of the tourneys and a lot of the other administrative duties which are involved with running the site, leaving us wondering where we'd be without him, thanks troj

2nd Quarter

April saw the release of the long awaited and highly anticipated new NL game of Delta Force Xtreme.

April also saw the release of the NovaHQ member status images, these images were designed as a way for you, the members, to be recognized for your contributions to the site, there are now over 30 images that are proudly displayed by the members on their sites, in forum signatures and even email signatures! Question is, have you got yours?

Member Status Images are located at http://www.novahq.net/?show=pages&type=pop&id=28

Chief, a forumite was asked to become and accepted a moderator position in the Tech Support Forums, chief has been an invaluable wealth of knowledge for a whole satck of members for a long time and was deserving of the position, thanks chief.

Baddog, a long standing member of the forum, and a Novahq High Roller was also became a forum moderator of the General forums. He was also recently promoted to forum super moderator. Thank you Baddog, we don't know what we would do without you!

In May, NHQ underwent a major update that included 3 new themes, a kick ass new admin panel that allows for much easier administration of NovaHQ and a much needed new tourney script which provided much needed automation of tourneys. This update also made the site fully xhtml 1.0 compliant so ease of accessibility.

During this time the 5000th custom map was submitted to the NovaHQ Map database! Big thanks to all the map makers who take the time to make the maps and submit them to NovaHQ, it really is appreciated and is a big part of making this site what it is.

As we continue to grow in size, more members were added to the NovaHQ High Rollers Group, the HQHR is a group of senior members who have special privileges and status at the site as a way of thanking them for their continued support. Four new members were added to the group, DevilDog#1, Dr. Bullet, Acid and Katana , big congrats to you guys

3rd Quarter

NovaHQ reached 9000 members!

On August 4th (Yes its august 4th – despite what people say) NovaHQ celebrated its 4th birthday! We were all taken aback when we realized, the time just seems to have flown!

4th Quarter

Chief, a resident HQHR here at NovaHQ worked in collaboration with the good folks at NovaLogic in order to produce the DF/JO Intro Screensaver series, these are the introduction movies for the NovaLogic games converted using professional software for seamless transfer into screensaver mode, chiefs screensavers are available for download http://www.novahq.net/?show=utilitie...et_file&id=355

NovaHQ in 2006
So what can you expect from NovaHQ in 2006?

Well of course we will continue to keep you updated with the latest news, maps, files, and links available on the full range of DF and JO games. We also have a couple of unique and unusual projects in the works that you should hear about in the next year.

On behalf of Panther, Steve, Trilogy, Troj and myself id like to thank everyone for their continued support, help and suggestions that help us continually improve NovaHQ and look forward to seeing you in 2006. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe New Year!

Last edited by Matt; 12-26-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Thanks everyone for your support .. and mike for writing this up again this year

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 12-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Lucky is offline Lucky

hehe.. your welcome
Old 12-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
Great times in this forums glad to be a part of such a great family of people. and hopefully the next year will go the same.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 12-26-2005, 09:30 PM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

Biggrin re

well i enjoyed this year hear as well and i hope everyone here will have great year in 2006
i hope nova will approve the mods that are on the drawing boards.nova needs to look at the halfl life 1 and 2 community and the battlefield 1 and 2 community they are thriving and growing because of the mods.nova is not because they stiffle the mods and refuse to listen to the community
i hope for 2006 that nove will have a change of heart.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
thanks for all the support everyone, without you we wouldnt be here (as cliched as that is)

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 12-27-2005, 10:26 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

It's always a pleasure to be here on the is great website, well done to all at NovaHQ!!!!!

Warm Regards & The Very Best Wishes for 2006!!!!

Steve/Baddog
Old 12-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
big thanks to all our members for sticking with us and thanks to all our new members for keeping this place growing.

all the best to all for 2006
Old 12-28-2005, 12:15 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
i can't wait to see whats instore for this site, NOVAHQ, in 2006!!

Congrats on 2005 admins!

Old 12-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
NovaHQ, the year of Trojan

Ladies and Gentlemen, dear friends, brothers and sisters. I sit here and ponder as we all enter into my 9th year as a Leader and Peer to thousands in the NovaLogic Community. I've come to realize that we are a Special Breed. I've seen many come and many go. Very few of us Proud Delta Force Demo hard chargers are left. You may ask, why in the hell has he stuck around for so long? Well, to give you a few answers, first I would like to say, NovaLogic created my all time favorite series of games that support the United States Army. And as a Marine Corps Special Operations Capable Veteran, I to can relate to Special Ops training and imagine the toughest Special Operations threats and missions known to someone with my training and abilities. I had several Uncles that fought in World War II and Vietnam in a US Army Uniform. I have always thought of our Military as one to be respected and feared. And without doubt, I will never lose faith in our young men and women and Seniors who teach them, protect them and guide them. Without orders and a Chain of Command, all would be chaotic. I say this, because many things I have done that many of you may not know has revolutionized NovaLogic gaming such as Tournament standards, rules and regulations, server setups and the like that you see many sites have imulated themselves, even today. What you see in our Community and many others were ideas shared, dreams planned and plans coming together 8 and 9 years ago. I cannot make a list of everything without boasting too much and I dare not take credit for all but I will proudly share in the NovaLogic Communities success. Our Community has given me a sense of brotherhood that could rival my sense as a Proud Marine in ways that are difficult to explain. Joint Operations was real for me. I actually trained with the US Army during my climb to the title of Special Operations Capable before I joined the 26th MEU in 1994. To see all of you young men and women, whether just playing a game or in your goal to support the United States Armed Forces means a great deal to me and to my Country. I have made some dear friends that I will remember always and some to be considered brothers. You know who you are!!

I would like to thank Scott/Panther & Stevie B for creating such an awesome site such as NovaHQ. Thier leadership brought on two other Admins that I hold in high regard that I work with on a daily basis. So now, if I may, I would like to thank BB/Mike and Trilogy for puting up with me and my salty dog attitude that I try to keep renewed with the spirit of all our new comers. I would like to thank all the Staff for treating me with respect. I know everybody can't like everybody all the time but what we do, we do proudly as a team and I will vouch for any of them. That includes the High Rollers that were here at NHQ before I was. Thank you, the Members for always reminding me how great of a position I have here. It's taken 9 years to get here and as I think about it, there is no other place in the NovaLogic Community that I would rather be.

So now, as we enter into 2006, lets keep the faith and hope we will be blessed with many many more years of NovaLogic games. May we share in this brotherhood of gamers for a lifetime as we remember the good and the bad that came with the internet and online gaming. People like us, make the World economy strong and secure.

I want to give a special thanks to Trojan's Militia. I just want to say to you all that I believe in every one of you. I cherish your friendships and know, you can count on me to be here for you all if you ever need me for anything. Thank you for your support. I truly honor it, everyday.

God Bless You All, NovaHQ Members and Guests from over 120+ Nations. For we are, a Special Breed. Thank you all for your support and please continue to help us make this site the greatest of its kind. To our future! Cheers! Trojan

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 01-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Chels is offline Chels

Hey

Yes we have had a GREAT! Year. I am proud to be apart of NHQ.

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Great Moments

Great Moments

I would like to thank Mike and Panther, for backing me up in my time of need! Thanks buddies!
Trilogy, for a great stand up guy and a strong leader! Great work!
Trojan, you Militia could not be any more better than it is now! Excellent team!
Steve, I would like to thank you for the Member Status Images, the FAQ for the games, and great personalities and excellence in areas, perseverence achieves.

Chief ADFP, you are one of the primary choices of help for a kid and for older people, great effort man and good work for years.
And the NHQHR people, great work and also members.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --Hehe! Celebrate!
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black