Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-22-2005, 08:25 AM
HiPow3r is offline HiPow3r

Tongue Banned From NaTas Server

HI all, I want to address an issue that is weighing me down. What right does a server have to ban a former player and squad member from their server? I 'm sure many of you have been on squads and have left them on not so good terms. I was a former member playing JO on the Natas Server when after a kill a former member says " Ty u asshole" and I asked r u talking to me? 30 secomds later I am punted and after repeated trys the server says your account has been banned! I just want to hear other ppl's experiences. Because ppl break up all the time but this was a Terminate with Extreme Prejudice(TWP) which will be the symbols for a new squad I will be forming. As A former Natas Sniper and 4 yr member I want to wish all those who made the experience so pleasurable, I am writing on this forum because I have no way to voice my story even to the other members, my Teamspeak Terminated, my Forum access Terminated, my Server access Terminated. So I am using this forum to just ask is this the way it is when so called friends go their different ways? I just want to know? Also I should mention the 4 line e-mail I got 1 line for each year of sevice, in general it said "You are being removed for the following 1.) Poor attitude with members and guests. 2.) Not using Your Teamspeak. 3.) A mention of the ISa and Natas split and my attitude since the split. Even the old members of Natas, now ISA are not banned.As far as I know I think I am the only person banned from server (except for cheats) What serious offenses have I committed to warrant such a hostile response? I ask you?

Last edited by HiPow3r; 01-22-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
Simply put, yes.

I say get past it.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Re: Banned From Server

Quote:
Originally posted by HiPow3r
What right does a server have to ban a former player and squad member from their server?
tbh they can do what they want if its their server.

you could look at it as "what rights do you have as a guest on their server" = absolutley none.

whether you like it or not, whether it's right or wrong, it's their choice.

if they are being like this with you, then you must forget them, move one.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:59 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

i agree with Steve.. their server theyve purchased it.. bit like a house really if a guest comes in u can ask them or stop them from coming back.. Sounds like the higher ranks in ur former squad are hot heads who ban for fun..
Old 01-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Yeh. Another annoying thing is "knifes only". When your a squad member in a server and a guest tells everyone to do knifes only, and you dont, they go in a mard'! Guests have no right atall, and some can cause real trouble, but i know you aren't one of them. But i don't see why they have banned you for saying that!!! Smallest thing i have been banned from is accusing another member of cheating, which he clear was, I had proff, but they didn't belive me so they banned me from everything! Argh. then they started to cause trouble and verbilly abusing me.
But i'v moved on, just keep on reminding ureself that its just a game, and that theirs plenty more other servers to have fun on
Old 01-22-2005, 09:49 AM
BB

i agree Tec2... A Tin Of dont allow Base Rape in their server.. but then they do it i got banned 4 times from their server and once was for making a remark about how their members break their own rules..

anyway im going off topic..
Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally posted by BB
i agree Tec2... A Tin Of dont allow Base Rape in their server..
Why no base rape? I find that kinda wierd. I've been banned from tons of servers in LW for base raping. Whats the problem with it? If your team is being base raped, its up to your team to find a way out of it or around it. To me, it would greatly improve that teams tactics. I just see no point in banning someone from a server for base raping.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:13 PM
BB

thats what i said to them it was on JO.. i had my sniper rifle and killed about 50 guys without dying and then they got annoyed and started kicking me because of it... went in the server i got sniped out of my car in my base by an ATI member and then said what happened to no base rape.. 10secs later i was banned.. so sod em.. dont go to their server when they cant keep rules.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
look it like this most squad really don't care to have good skill member at all, if they get the feeling they ban player or their own member out for the fun of it. sorry i never trust any squads at all. unless a member who i know for a long time tell me they are really good and not a ****ty type of squad.

sample: Steve word is great with me if he tell me his squad is one of the best around and ask me to join it great.

any one i don't know i would say OK you say so. but in reality i think to my self so what. only long time squads and member i trust. new squad under 2yrs are not to be trusted in my book. thats my feel on it. do to they are new and don't really care at all who they ban or kick out of their so-call squads. if there a cheap reason they do it. even on great skill players they ban them or boot them out.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Maybe a little outside view about new squads there Chief?
back to the base raping, in some views, for example if you are playing in a TKOTH gametype, and you base rape, it is a way for keeping the other team out of the zone. Maybe a very childish excuse, but it works for alot of people, u need to think about being fair tho, and thats what many people don't like about it, the fact that they get killed as soon as they spawn, so they can't do anything.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:30 AM

Sorry, I don't think I made my self clear on the banned post. I played with these guys on Natas squad for 4 yrs and in the middle of a game out of nowhere they banned my ip. I have since talked to other squads and they have never heard of such a thing before. Even though I agree it is their server and they can do whatever they please, It seems they intentionally abused their power. Because I did nothing wrong, but snipe. They themselves proclaim to be a sniper squad yet 80% of the team uses an auto wep. Thats all I was saying, they went out of their way to hurt a former member, thats why i am angry.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
Quote:
Originally posted by HiPow3r
Sorry, I don't think I made my self clear on the banned post. I played with these guys on Natas squad for 4 yrs and in the middle of a game out of nowhere they banned my ip. I have since talked to other squads and they have never heard of such a thing before. Even though I agree it is their server and they can do whatever they please, It seems they intentionally abused their power. Because I did nothing wrong, but snipe. They themselves proclaim to be a sniper squad yet 80% of the team uses an auto wep. Thats all I was saying, they went out of their way to hurt a former member, thats why i am angry.
I totally can see your point here. But I still maintain that you should try to get past it.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:53 AM

I am in total agreement with you acid, I am on my way to recovery. and I really appreciate your responce to this matter of mine.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:55 PM
thundar is offline thundar

wow hi power ur the last one i thought would leave NS man u was there when me an dredd was playin there oh (buy the way this is hound ) that sounds wierd but hey it happend to me when i posted i couldnt play as much cause of family an stuff next thing u know i was banned from fourms an all or my account erased i least thought i could still be a memmeber but guess not
now on to base raping i cant really say i play for a cqb squad an maps are small an tight so yes theres alot of rapping going on on both teams learn to use spawn armor or a sps
Old 01-23-2005, 05:21 PM

Hi there hound long time no hear friend. Yes it happened and yes I was pissed, and now I have moved on. Matter of fact out of nowhere was playing on a server today with a nice bunch of guys and gals. The best part is they seem to need some fresh blood. Would be really nice to have to face Natas in a tourneyment, since I know their weakest points. Well I can only dream, but nice hearing from you Hound please post back and let me know what server you battle on and we'll hook-up.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:46 PM
thundar is offline thundar

i play mostly in !CW SERVER or TLS CUSTOMS mostly cqb maps real fast paced stop by anytime bro
Old 01-23-2005, 07:19 PM

ThaTs the pace I like fast, was that JO or BHD? I have my knifing game going pretty good now. I side step and all I see is bobble heads looking for me..lol

Last edited by HiPow3r; 01-23-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:07 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Hey Hipower sorry to hear that i know K Pax got mad over me emailing him and i didnt do anything but send him something important like he told me to do only if its to him directly which i did!!!!!! I play i nCW ever so often and mostly Dead Souls which i know Buzz real well so why dont you email me bro sometime i got your email somewhere!!!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?