Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:37 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

I remember the days when $50-60 was enough to fill up our car. Now its $160 at a price of around $9 a gallon

My photography website

Old 05-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

it could get up to $5.00 a gallon and i could still spend 30$ a week and drive all week, i get around 31-32mpg with my micromachine stomper, even better with street tires.

but saying hey, stop whining, its 6 and 7 elsewhere, so what it 7$ somewhere else, this is the USA not another country, but that is what they want, this is the equilization of economys, they gota bring the US to the levels of other nations because it is to hard to bring other nations up to the level of the US, so they are going to kill the economy.

ill have to look for it, but in the 90s, bill clinton and his band of theives at a meeting, are quoted of saying, "inorder to push thier plans for total domination thru, you will have to kill the US economy and distroy the nation, and make it so bad for the people that they will look for you for answers, and to do this is to make fuel so expencive that no1 can aford to buy anything or drive" idea is to make things soooo bad that the people will look to their government for help, then they can give their solution and no matter how horrid it is most will submit to get some relif in the financial department.

and i bet it is going to be a higher tax or other thevin scheme, where property is taken from some1 that has and is given to those who have not, dont belive that can happen it has been happening for over 20 years, ever heard of WELFAIR?

but it makes me wonder how crude is rising constantly slowly edging to $200 a barrel, althoe it is in part that oil here is done in US dollar, and as the dollar falls faster and faster it gives the impression things are going up, the dollar has been devalued 50% and is steaming toward 60%.

but this will kill the economy, and how every1 should see.

it has to do with the trucking industry, ya see everything in this country is on a truck at some point, and i talked to a freind on the CB the other day and he saying it taking over $1900-$2000 to fill up a truck now, he has had it ok because he owns his own company, but i have seen truck after truck being parked and sold because the fuel is too much, if ya are on a certain income and it is taking more to commute and pay bills than you make in a week, why would you do that job?

and if truckers stop trucking, all the goods wont get to where they are supposed to be, and if stores cant get their goods because no1 will haul it, how are they to sell to the people? what do ya think thatll do the buisnesses that are already taxed to death because they are the filthy rich?

i live not 200yards from a bridge on the 269 highway here in walker county, it is a main highway, it used to havea car every few seconds, now hours can go by b4 i hear 1 go across, and on the weekdays the trucks would keep ya up starting at 4:00Am and continueing after 5:00Pm now ya be lucky to see 4 trucks a day.

everything is connected to fuel, if ya dont have trucks, ya dont get distributation of goods, if goods just sit on a pallet they wont be sold, if stores cant turn a profit because their goods are on a pallet somewhere, they cant keep a buisness running, with no buisness a town dies, and as a town dies its people become impoverished for they have no wayof buying or working because employment is gone, and that is just the start.

ya want to hear something thatll piss you off? the oil that is drilled in alaska, it never go anywhere in the us, they put it on a ship and it goes to Japan and other countries and never touches the ground, and anwar where they want to drill and the EPA says there are to many animals and trees, you can fly over 700 miles and never see a tree or sea lion, it is a frozen tundra void of any life.

and i read a few days back, a guy on MSNBC said that we could in 2 years be looking at 10$ a gallon at the pump.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:01 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Quote:
Originally posted by William
will thats good! but it maybe their last game they make! do to some been talking around the world all will end in 2012
just like it was predicted to end in 1992, and 2000 right lol

but ti is kinda creepy when like 5 different people from different times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012

just read the stuff from shows also kinda funny that it is on there

Old 05-26-2008, 04:20 PM
tail_gunner is offline tail_gunner

I say, complain all you want your still going to pay it, no matter what the price is "Its the American way" :P Also fuel just hit 4$ a gallon here, and canada was like 2.50-3 a liter when i was there cant remeber...

Twins, i asked 1, she said no so i asked her sister... And the siter said yes.. HAHA revenge!

and the rest.. well thats a mature story, but in the end i had both of them...
Old 05-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
dang Mauser, I'm learning a lot from you

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 05-27-2008, 12:14 AM

lol, Mstenger.

and tail_gunner, i havnt got to pay that for gas, a car set up rite will run quiet nice on turpentine or mineral spirits, and a desil will run on vegi oil, lamp oil, kerosien, have to add some SAE 30 to the kerosien or some other oil to lubricate the injector pump but itll run on it.

and if i have to i got 30acre of land, ill go play farmer and tell the stores go screw themselves if prices go to high, i just acuired some Gycine Max soy beans by chance the other day, and they are comeing up nicely.

i got corn, taters, black eye peas, large lima beans, soy beans, squash, okra, tomaters, and some kedney beans in my little garden out behind my house, and got a apple tree, pecan tree, and a chestnut tree out front, i havnt got to screw with the prices if i dont want to, im not attatched to the system, i can do quiet nicely without any stores or fuel stations.

im the only house out of 30 in the neighborhood where i live that is battery backup, the lights go out, i flip a breaker off and turn another on and i got lights, i got 20 big Deka 860amp deep cycle batterys in a little shed and a 5,000watt inverter on the pole beside house that just plugs into the main box that i built, if i get some big solar cells i can tell the power company to screw themselves, and im getting a book from lyndsays publications that tell ya how to make ya own solar cells.

link to lindsays here>>> http://www.lindsaybks.com/ all kindof information .

if i want to get picky, i got a 24V generator off of a Holland Scott 500ci 6cylnder out of a Brill motor coach, i can hook it up to my 18HP kohler and itll run for hours on 1 gallon of gas, and is totaly silent, and i can rout that thru my inverter, or use it to charge up my batteries, and this thing got like 4:1 or 5:1 compression so itll run on mineral oils, anything thatll burn.

and i got te stuff to buld a nice steam engine, ill build a stanley steamer hhonda or something, lol.

or make a powerplant steam engine to generate power, burn wood, or use a biiig parabol dish with a mirror finish around the boiler, and use the sun as heat.

i gota pay it, lol, not me.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 05-27-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:43 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I was looking at something online today at work.

Some people are taking Mazda MX-5's and converting them to electric cars.

I would totally do that, maybe once I learn a bit more about circuits and such

One guy got up to 50 miles per charge on an old miata.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:45 PM

that aint much, 50mpc (miles per charge), done rite in a miata ya should be able to get atleast 150-200miles per charge.

im gona put a chainsaw motor on my mountainbike and make a moped, i got all the stuff i just gota assymble it, should be able to get 100mpg if ya play it rite, lol.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:51 PM
"ath-hole"

they said the main problem is that the battery is like a third of the weight of the car.

Miatas are light but the battery weighs over 1000lbs...unless you get a super expensive Li battery
Old 05-27-2008, 04:04 PM

what kindof setup they got, i got a book that is called convert it by a michael p brown and they getting a lot more out of a old hatchback.

best way is to use the least electronics possable, all that eats up power to run, and if ya use a DC motor ya can set it up to backfeed into the batteries when ya are coasting helping to keep a little more power in them, think all he had was a motor, a throtel controller and a coaster charge system, and a lot of heavy duity deep cycle batteries, all done with off the shelve stuff in 1991.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 05-27-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
"ath-hole"

dunno... look up electric mazda miata on google...
Old 05-27-2008, 04:27 PM

well i see some problems.

got things that are a drain all the time, need to add a pushbutton to see the voltage in batteries so it isnt a drail all the time.

got a crappy battery setup and throtel asymbly, motor is to high a voltage, use a lower voltage motor and use the batteries in parralel, gives ya more bang to motor and dont drain as fast, and if ya use a motor that is a little large for ya aplication it dont have to work and doesnt act like a dead short on the system.

would have been better off, using the batteries i got on my inverter, 860amp 12v Dekas, cheaper, deep cycle and will run a electric motor all day long, the ones like i got are rated for motorhome backups, running AC, fridge , heater, etc, and do it all day, and not to mention a lot cheaper than those 11 GNB 90 amp hour VRLA batteries, substandard at best.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:06 PM
"ath-hole"

I was thinking of getting a miata or some such car to do a conversion on it but....we don`t have a garage right now...could get hairy.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
was there some talk? about using water as fuel to power cars to burn clean without any side effect?

one can find items in the water and air

bottom line no way getting around using oil (grease to lube items) or acid & lead in battier to run a car or truck.

but i don't see any use for anti-freeze any time soon it would be phase out.

new cars i think be air cool system
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-28-2008, 01:09 AM

yup, it is using a electralosis to split water into its 2 main components, Hydrogen and oxygen witch can also be made with the chemical reaction of Calcium Hydride and water CaH2 + 2H2O -> Ca(OH)2 + 2H2 or with Boyle's early synthesis of iron filings and sulfuric acid Fe + H2SO4 -> FeSO4 + H2, and ya can also use browns gas witch is basicly hydorgen and oxygen in a gasious state, but this form is very volatile and will detonate with static charges.

actualy ya can get rid of ya lead acid battery, make ya a saltwater battery, get some lengths of stainless tube, exaust pipe will work, and a foam cooler or plastic container, and some zink or magnesium rods, water heater anode rod works well.

cut ya some lengths of stainless tube and fixem in place inside of ya container and cut ya some lengths of waterheate anode rod and fixem in the center of ya tube, conect them all in series or parrel or series/parell, the more tubes and anode rods to more juice, now get a gallon jug and some salt, fill up the jug 3\4 of the way with water, warm water works best, now start adding the salt stiring as ya pour, just keep adding salt till the water wont desolve it anymore.

now pour this into ya plastic tank with the rods and tubes, now connect a lightbulb or other load. http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~jchap/tvproba.htm

and ya can use a soap based grease that uses soap and a mineral oil for grease, ya can make it yaself, and ya can use a graphite and mineral oil mixture for super lubrication, or ya can take and juice plants for oil nd mix that with soap or graphite, and castrol is called castrol because it used to be made out of oil from castor beans, and there used to be a table that told ya what percentage of light oil and water to use for antifreeze that was around long b4 propolyne glycol.

so yes, ya can get rid of lead acid and propolyne glycol
Old 05-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Luckz is offline Luckz

Send a message via AIM to Luckz Send a message via Yahoo to Luckz
good thing im getting my new SUV in 2 weeks lol...Escape hybrid 4x4

SOTW #1 Winner

Old 05-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Here is a good chart on gas prices:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_usage_and_pricing

$4.00 aint so bad.

I don't care about the cost of gas. I just care about the future of our fuel. I don't want to trade one bad thing for another, like E85, what a joke. Not only does your gas cost the same (cheaper gas but less per mile) but the price of foods (anyone buy corn or bread?) have also went up because of it.

I remember about 2 years ago diesel was supposed to be good because it was cheaper so alot of people bought diesel cars.. last I was it was $1.50 more then gas.

What ever happened to that water powered car??

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 05-28-2008, 03:41 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

See this is where some 18th century colonialist thinking would work wonders. Theres a whole continent sitting there struggling to survive thats made largely of rich soils.

Go into africa, plant the hell out of the place with corn and whatever else. Pay the locals to do the work, which allows them to develop infrastructure and bring up their quality of life, export the fuel. Domesitc crop production remains, you get the corn syrup fuel and your helping solve africas problems....
Old 05-28-2008, 04:04 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
I ride my mountain bike for 20 minutes going into work and 15 coming home because of the large hill on the way. last time i put gas in my car was 2 monthes ago. problem solved for me.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 05-28-2008, 04:29 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Xx_jet_xX
I ride my mountain bike for 20 minutes going into work and 15 coming home because of the large hill on the way. last time i put gas in my car was 2 monthes ago. problem solved for me.
think riding a motor bike of some types will save on paying out of the pocket big time, unless it's a drag racer bike
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]