Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:16 PM
vorcha is offline vorcha

Bad key received from server

When I attempt to host and play BHD, I get a "bad key received from server" I use the pinger and have gone in numerous times to remove and add my server IP. One thing I've noticed is that the server IP is different when looking at the list. If I put in the actual server IP I can ping it ok, but still can't join the game. Suggestions?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:51 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
host in 1 pc and play on the other? Make sure that your router allows NAT loopback, if it doesnt use the internal IP of the server. ( aka the Network IP, you can only use the WAN IP if youre router supports NAT loopback)

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 04-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Jckl is offline Jckl

bad key refers to the ck #. I have seen servers giving a bad key and we seem to get in by setting the ck value of the server to 0. You could give that a try.

http://www.projekt6.com
http://www.SteadfastWebSolutions.com - Need web development or Hosting? Visit us!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:29 PM
pesto126 is offline pesto126

Hi.. I'm trying to get back into BHD after a long absence.. I used to be able to HOST a server and join from a second session on my network and play with others over Novaworld... we all do not use the Nova login feature and now cannot connect to my host.

We are using Pinger.. I see the server appear, I have my port open via the router, no firewall is in place. When I attempt to login by clicking the Pinger list after choosing Join via Novaworld, I get the Key error.

I've tried a million things and cannot get it to work.. any advice on how to host and play online again? Is there a way to get around using Pinger/Nova for just 2 people to connect to each other via the internet to play?

Thx!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:16 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
use anaconda server manager. It freezes the CK code to 0, thus getting rid of the "bad key from server" error.

If the server is on the same network as you, and you want to play on the server, you need to use pinger. How ever, you have to use the internal IP address of the server computer.

Any one else joining would use your public IP
Old 01-17-2009, 11:42 AM
pesto126 is offline pesto126

thank you for the reply.. I'll give the annaconda a try - was hoping it would be just as easy as hitting HOST and going forward. Thx!