Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-01-2004, 06:33 PM
xergame is offline xergame

Wink Which country will be leading in a few yeras?

Well i would think India is.. most of the computer jobs are moving there and as Arlond said that India is the fastest growing company at the time !!..

PLUS MY PARENTS are from India !!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
USA, who else?

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 09-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
depends, computer programming and people. england and India

tech- japan
military-.....ummmm the vatician, those swiss guards a vicious
people- good ole china
death by car, gun, suicide,- america
Old 09-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
u forgot the 200,000 deaths from smoking per year
Old 09-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
my bad lol

dont worry im not some non american and hate the country

I grew up half my life in the south and i love america, and being part of a military family makes you realize that
Old 09-02-2004, 09:53 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Business and new development - (Hopefully Iraq if things get sorted)

Military - UK (Not size of it but how high tech. they r making everything upgraded , smaller army with more technology).

Most people - Africa for sure

JUst my views
Old 09-02-2004, 10:38 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
In a few years the US will be. Superpowers are made with weapons and nothing more. The US has the most so they are in charge.

When the oil runs out in 100 years (maybe less, maybe in our lifetimes) then who knows. I dont think it will be countries with huge populations almost none of which are farmers.

India might be a superpower at some point in the evolution of humanity but a few clever computer programmers doesnt mean there is any danger of them pulling it off in our lifetimes. (you should go to the country to realise why)

Old 09-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Reticle is offline Reticle

Send a message via Yahoo to Reticle
As for military, US is going just as high tech as anyone else(at the moment they are the most high tech). Pretty much all new big military technologies are US. Pretty much everyone(who has money) uses the M1A2 tank, F16 fighter, and Apache helicopter.(I would include the Commanche if those bastards in the pentagon hadn't cancelled it! ). At the same time, our army is still of a very substantial size. China may have a chance of rising to be a real superpower, but if they do, they're gonna end up being just like the Soviet Union, with the entire world allied against them.

btw, not trying to dis UK or anything. Next to the US, I'd have to say the UK is still the best country around.

"You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you"
-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by zza1pqx
When the oil runs out in 100 years (maybe less, maybe in our lifetimes) then who knows. I dont think it will be countries with huge populations almost none of which are farmers.
good point, if america could find another source of energy instead of crude oil we could tell the middle east to f' off and we would really be set. but our dependence on crude oil could really hinder us in the future

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 09-02-2004, 04:01 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Yes I think all Western countries will cease to do anything without oil, And thats why the terrorists target it as without it the west is nothing, to use factorys we need it,for transport we need it, well its hard to think of something that dont need some sort of oil.

We have to find an alernate energy source pretty quick I think, with the way things are going.

We have grown to dependant on oil, but if we all could post our ideas on alternate sources they should be able to find something that would work.

But it is a hard question to answer who will be the leading country in the future, I just hope my kids have a future.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:54 PM

One of these days, we're gonna crack the nuclear fusion problem. It might be a few hundred years, but when we do, we're set for good! Ultra high yields, non radioactive waste, and plenty of fuel all over the place!

-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 09-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Acid is offline Acid

We dont have to wait a hundred years or even 10.

For fuel there is an easy, but complicated answer, Hemp.

Quote:
Hemp Instead of Fossil Fuels & Nuclear Power -- Hemp is one of the fastest growing plants known, and its pulp has cellulose. "Biomass" energy can replace nuclear power and fossil fuels, preserve our oil reserves and reduce the trade deficit with no nuclear radiation, strip mining, offshore drilling or oil spills. Hemp, processed with a pyrolitic converter, can meet our wide range of energy needs: charcoal for coal; methane gas for natural gas; methanol and gasoline for petroleum; etc. These are then burned to generate electricity. Using hemp and other crops along with trash and modern technology, America can be energy self-sufficient. So long, OPEC and oil shortages!

SOURCE of info above.
Here is another source of info about Hemp as Biomass for Energy

Quote:
Paint your Car, Gas it up too?

The marijuana seed has some incredible properties. You can refine the oils produced by pressing hemp seed into many varieties of compounds very similar to plastics, fuels, and paints. In fact, you can use hemp seed to produce oil to lubricate your engine, fuel to run the car, paint, vinyl-like material for the seat, (cloth-like materials for seats and body panels can be made from stalks) and much more. Hemp seed oil is made up of complex carbohydrates, which are chemically similar to hydrocarbons, or oil based products. Because we already refine oil into thousands of different compounds, we can use current technology to refine hemp seed oil into practically anything that crude oil can be made into, with one key difference – hemp seed oil is renewable and reduces carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, unlike petroleum use.

SOURCE
Thats just a bit of info on Hemp. Our forefathers in the US grew Hemp for many years.

If the govenment could get out from under the bank account of the special interest groups and big business, then we can save our planet. Until then, we are on a crach course with total starvation, and global warming.

My $0.80
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Japan will be leading the way, Will for USA they lost their mind given people jobs away to 3rd world countrys. let it happen hell people SSI and bank accounts are in 3rd countrys hands in the pass that was off limite information.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

maybe not in the next few years, but i reckon in my lifetime China will emerge to be the worlds superpower, they have the population, their economy is continually growing they just arent doing a thing wrong. Noone is able to stop china either because of the vast mass of people over a huge area. They also have a stable government (whether you agree with the system at all - its stable)

India could be a superpower but they wont as long as they are battling pakistan for kashmir but the country is rapidly developing and like china, they have the population on their side.

Japan is limited by space more than any other country, they are already packed now and they are stsrting to have problems with health - the country has been disinfected for so long that they are a starting to get super bugs that are immune to known cures....

Australia on the other hand has more room to expand than nearly any other country, we are just about built on a sea of uranium and have a stable government, great economy (thanks keating!) decent education system and such, all we need is the population
Old 09-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

There is energy in many things no one thinks about.. My mom is a scientist that studies energy at the energy and enviormential reschearch center at UND (Univirsity of North Dakota) and there is ALOT of energy in very abundant things. The government just isn't supportive in fundings for a unknown reason to make some of these findings usuefull..

You know you can make enough energy to run your home heater/ac from Corn (yes, the stuff you eat) for example?

She tells me alot of stuff.. really dissapointing how none of it is being put to use cause of the US gov.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-04-2004, 07:14 AM

China, as I said, if it became a real superpower, would end up like the USSR. When all the free countries realized how powerful they were, they'd all be scared sh*tless, and band up against it. One thing China doesn't have though, that the USSR did, is the ability to launch nukes at the US. They have nukes, but not the ICBMs they need. If it came to blows , we could either
A)If their military hadn't grown any, invade them, or
B)Park a nuclear sub or two just a little ways away from them, and force them to surrender. Remember, the US's nuclear subs are still a HUGE advantage. Almost entirely silent, can stay submerged months at a time, and one carries enough fire power to level every major city in North America.

-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 09-04-2004, 07:49 AM
xergame is offline xergame

America has found another source for engery to power up cars , houses and anything... its not elecettiry ... but its rotten friuts .. like apples and oranges. When they rott they have enothonal in them which ... Gasoline has 10% of.

Ethonal wont make the cars run as fast but it will save soo much.. They are perdicting 97 cents per gallon in a few years .... !!

INDIA Will rule the world in a few years... Norostomdoms said soo lol
Old 09-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Storm. is offline Storm.

england, jam packed with every1 too many jobs - too many people, need good qualifications to get the jobs now

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 09-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Acid is offline Acid

Quote:
Originally posted by xergame
America has found another source for engery to power up cars , houses and anything... its not elecettiry ... but its rotten friuts .. like apples and oranges. When they rott they have enothonal in them which ... Gasoline has 10% of.

Ethonal wont make the cars run as fast but it will save soo much.. They are perdicting 97 cents per gallon in a few years .... !!

Did you read my post?
Old 09-04-2004, 11:44 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by xergame

Swedish buses already use ethanol and have been doing this for more then 8 years (we had around 300 heavy buses and trucks running on ethanol in 1996) first buses was introduced in 1989.

The ethanol in sweden is made from foresting waste.

My photography website