Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-09-2004, 03:25 AM
JimDirt is offline JimDirt

Send a message via ICQ to JimDirt
TS and Pavelow door ?

Has anyone figured out how to get the pavelow door(the drop down gate at the back) to open??
I have looked in all the events and cant find anything that will make it drop, im trying to make it drop upon landing then when the players are in the Area Trigger , it will closes then it takes off, as it sits the only way i have found to get inside is to stand next to emplaced 50 and attach, but then there is no way out once the helo has landed and i have to blow myself up to get out!!! any suggestions????

As i know in one of the single player missions ,it drops open and lets the players out to jump into the water, to get on a boat! so there must be a command or event , but i cant seem to make sense of it!
Old 02-13-2004, 12:06 PM

Im still not sure how to get the door to open , although i have figured out ,it is a "Particle Event" , but i still dont know how to trigger it, as it seems to be a # code , so i dont know what # to use ,or in what order the events have to take place,
I have used the PFF tool to look at the map that has the door opening ,but none of the events are named , ,it just reads "Event 20""Event 21" etc and the events dont seem to be in any order to find what sets the event and what stops it
as i only see 1 particle event , i would think if the door opens ,that would be one event and the door closing would be another, but all i see is 1 event , so im still trying to work it out , any suggestions ? as i havnt worked with "Particle Events" before !!!...............Also has anyone ever worked with WAC files , and is there a post in here that tells how to use them , as im thinking that might be the missing link to making the door work properly !
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
2048 Corsair pc3200-400mHz-DualChannel
MadDog-PurePower-550watt-ps
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 02-13-2004, 05:33 PM
ICU::CHI is offline ICU::CHI

Angry Pavelow Doors

Well, I have been making maps for DF Games for years, and I have to say, I have had a heck of a time gettting the doors to work correctly.

I have located the code that opens the doors and closes the doors, but there is 1 small problem, it only works for the HOST or on single player maps.

In the events, its Play Animation #1 to open and close the doors. Allot of fun for single player maps, but I wish someone would enlighten me on how to make it work in Multiplayer maps. Just like NOvaLOGIC to give us all DIE HARD DF FANS a cool troop chopper and a working door, but not let us map makers use it for the Multiplayer Servers.

I dare someone to prove me wrong, and show me how it works. I might have to drive to your house and kiss you, cause I have such a desire to use this great new chopper, I can taste it.

ICU::CHI
http://www.chisquad.com
Old 02-14-2004, 03:51 AM

Well thanks for the info , , im going to mess with it ,there has gotta be some way to make it work for multiplayer, but i will try what u said ,and mess with stuff from there, as i figure if it makes it work on SP then it should also work on MP, im going to try
If:
blue team/red team is within....... , and then mess with it from there, maybe i will get lucky !!!
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 02-14-2004, 06:24 AM

eek More help for you.

If you locate the PPF Extractor, extract the THBHD_6.BMS file from the EXP1.PPF, convert with the BMS2MIS convertor, then look at even 6 and even 2. This line stops the Pavelow, so that the troops can get out and catch the awaiting boat. It opens the door, using PLAY ANIMATION #1 (#1 opens the door). This is the reason I think it is only avaible in Single player mode, because I never had to use PLAY ANIMATION to open anything before, like gates and such.

Well, I hope this helps you further along in your journey, cause we all are looking for the right answer and want this cool new chopper to work in Multiplay. Good Luck, Godspeed and wish the best in helping thousands solve the new sick joke that the NO-va-LOGIC coders have laid onto us.

Old 02-14-2004, 05:04 PM

Well all it did was confuse me, i cant find any way to bring ,or write in those events ,i wonder if that is what the WAC file is for, i dunno , cause if i went to that event and opened it to look at it , it disapeared ,(came up null when i closed it) and i looked thru everything i could find in the Med and didnt see anything that gave me the option to put a Animation in , so im going to have to research this deeper
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 02-14-2004, 05:44 PM

I read the manual and it shows Animations in the list but it dosnt show up in the Med , it should read:
"Play Part Animation: Allows you to trigger a specific animation (such as surrender). You will
need a list of animations to make this work."
where do i find or make this list??? this is the missing item that is preventing this to happen , i am building this map in Single Player mode ,so it should show on the list
It should be between "Patrol Speed" and "Red Alert" , but i dont see it ,,, im using 2.06b for the med version
And i thought at one time there were tutorials on WAC files on this forum ,but i cant seem to find them ,,anyone know??
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 02-14-2004, 06:03 PM

eek more help

I use 2.05c, seems to work better.

I use the PLAY ANIMATION, and have not used the WAC file, so I know it works without WAC file present.

Old 02-17-2004, 05:12 AM

i got the 205c Med ,and i had it working (sort of) it will lower the gate when it lands , and sit there untill someone enters the trigger area(if no one enters the helo will eventually shut off and restart upon entering) if you get in , the gate will close , it will take off follow WP and land again open door etc:, then on the next trip it will pass by the land zone and just follow the WP indefinately , i set the events just as i do a Black Hawk , and a BH will work fine ,the only diff is the Animation, it seems to need something other than reset event #... ... ... etc: to make it continue more than twice, so im still a little stumped !
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 02-17-2004, 02:23 PM

ICU::CHI , i think i have it working in Single as well as Multiplayer !
I have tested on both and it seems to work , so i will write it out on notepad, then post it here,
the only thing it seems to do wrong ,is when the map starts , it will open the gate and fire up , BUT ! it will take off even though no one has entered the Trigger Area , but it only does this when the map starts , once it lands , it will stay put till someone enters the Trigger Area ,then it will reset as it should thruout the map , as long as someone is in it , if no one is in it ,it will shut down and wait for the next one to enter the trigger area !
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 02-18-2004, 08:41 PM

eek EXCITED!

My first question would be this. You say it works in MULTI, was it just you that saw it open and close, the door that is? Cause I have multi player maps I have made and it works for me as the server, seeing the door open and close, but anyone in my server only sees the door as closed, yet see's me walk in the pavelow like the door is open, but they dont see the door open or close and can't get in.

Sorry if that didn't make sence, Im eatting but got excited that maybe someone has made more progress then I have with this feature.

Looking forward to hearing from you as Im sure every other mapmaker is.

Old 02-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Reticle is offline Reticle

Send a message via Yahoo to Reticle
Have either of you contacted NovaWorld?

"You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you"
-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 02-24-2004, 08:03 PM

Tongue COntacting NOvaLOGIC

Contact them, Yes! Emailed them, Yes! Been all over their website, Yes!

Trying to get a responce from NOvaLOGIC people is like pulling teeth from a toothless man, just don't hold your breath.

Someone asked a question I wanted to ask myself, provided what ever information I had to help further the cause, in the hopes that someone is smarter then myself and can figure out this puzzel. I think most all the BHD TS Map Makers want to know thi sinformation, once it is figured out.