Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Gunshot is offline Gunshot

Send a message via ICQ to Gunshot Send a message via AIM to Gunshot Send a message via Yahoo to Gunshot
eek HOW TO MAKE A HELICOPTOR LAND! By: Gunshot

You must use the Unlocked version of Map Maker..<b>
Making your Helicoptor Land..
-----------------------------

First go to your "Map Maker" and fill out all the stuff in general
information under edit.. After that go to edit on the map maker and
click on Groups and for -3. put in Helicoptor Group. Then go to edit again
click on waypoints and for -1. put Heli.Waypoints.. after that put in your helicoptor..
then highlight helicoptor and right click on it click edit item attributes. (should be first on list)
then only mess with this stuff i tell you.. under group put Helicoptor Group and you can mess with
the AI attributes if you want to put advanced ammo and indestrucable you can.. Some of them may mess up the operation like flying organic
not work.. that's all you have to do with the helicoptor.. Then just enter your waypoints.. just put under 10 for practice..
Then highlight all the waypoints, right click and click edit item attributes and for the list on all the waypoints you click Heli-Waypoints.
Then each waypoint should have a different number in edit item attributes under the setion waypoint. like your first waypoint you make should
have the Number 0 on top right where it says number.. then your second one should be 1 the your third one should be 2 ect.. and also under edit item attributes
and under the waypoint section you will see name.. every waypoint should have a different name foxtrot.. bravo.. delta.. charlie.. ect. Don't ask why
cause i don't know.. lol just do it or you will mess up the whole thing.. that's it with waypoints.Then go under edit and click area triggers and add a name to the first one just put Area Trggers
Then add 2 area triggers under markers.. you should make a box around the helicoptor with the 2 area triggers.. and highlight them both and on the top right under number put 1 in the box.. The final step is under way!
This is what gets most map makers confused.. although very simple.. go to edit then click events.. on the very left click the << new event >> button.. double click and name it just Heli part1.
on the right side you will see triggers at top and actions at bottom. for triggers click << Add trigger >> for the trigger type put group. trigger condition put area trigger under group put blue players and under area triggers
click the area triggers or the name you added.. then do the same thing again under events under triggers except under group put red players.. Then click << new action >> under actions. and under action type put change AI, group and
under action subtype put AI State then under group click on Helicoptor group. And under AI State click follow waypoint. Then add a new action and under action type put redirect group. Then under group click Helicoptor group. under
waypoint list click Heli.Waypoints. For the waypoint number leave it at 0. Then add a new action. Under action type click Velocity, group and under group click helicoptor group. and set your speed under velocity (kph) i reccamend something around 50..
Now your half way done with the events.. now you need to add a new event.. Call it Heli Part2. Add a new one under triggers the trigger type will be group and the trigger condition will be Reached Waypoint under group you will click
Helicoptor Group under waypoint list you will click heli.waypoints.. set the waypoint number on where you want to make the heli. to land for example.. 4 if you have 3 waypoints and you put it at like 6 it won't work because you don't have wapoint number 6..
Add a new one under actions the action type will be Change AI, group. Under action Subtype click AI State and under AI State right below it click Land. Your final steps are here.. Add 2 more actions.. The action type is Reset Event and for the event number click one
of them on Heli Part1 and Heli Part2. YOU ARE DONE!!! YEAHHH!!! By: Gunshot *Any comments or questions on how to make your heli. Land Please Send me a e-mail at SoD_Gunshot@yahoo.com

*Have any questions or if you want me to send you a Example map on to make a helicoptor land then just ask! Or email me at SoD_Gunshot@yahoo.com</b>

Link to get Unlocked Map maker: <url>http://dfhq.net/php/utilities/?actio...657387b62bab98</url>
Link on how to create a map: <url>http://dfhq.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8292</url>

*Try Like the Rest & Die like the Rest*
*Kill the Best, Shoot the rest*
Old 06-30-2003, 05:57 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Gunshot Send a message via AIM to Gunshot Send a message via Yahoo to Gunshot
Also forgot that this is for Black Hawk Down. Tutorials are to come for the expansion soon!.. Probley the same though but here's the Text document for Making heli's fly Made by Me!
Attached Files
File Type: txt making heli\'s land.txt (3.9 KB, 55 views)

Old 07-02-2003, 04:12 AM
Worm is offline Worm

Send a message via ICQ to Worm
I think it would be better if you listed it as a step-by-step process i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc., and avoid the use of 1337 language when posting this kind of information. I know you mean well, but instructions written in this way only serve to cause confusion IMHO.

Oh, and it's not necessary to name each WP as you've stated. Naming waypoints are only intended for maps where an additional intentional action at that particular waypoint is going to take place, provided the trigger conditions are met.

Last edited by Worm; 07-02-2003 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:22 AM

yes you do need to name then i tried not to name them and it didn't work right.. and the step by step thing wouldn't matter on a person who really wants to learn how.. if they are devoted enough they will read it over and over till they get it.. and like i said i will be happy to give anyone a example heli land map so they can figure out what i did..

Old 07-21-2003, 05:15 PM
Black Ops is offline Black Ops

I posted this in another section by mistake"hope I don't get in trouble"

>>>>Gunshot
Thanks for the tut, I make my first this weekend. I need a little extra info. after the heli makes its landing how can I add triggers or events to reset ,for a endless take offs, and landings...etc.
If I get killed and want to go again, I want to go to it after it lands and jump on and go again. Or after it lands jump off then get back on and go again.
Thanks Much
Black Ops