Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
huh?

I will get u for this (whatever this is?)

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 09-11-2002, 12:34 PM
Desciple is offline Desciple

LOL, I DON'T KNOW WHAT A FORD MONDEO IS!

I have lost my mind, can you help me?

Send Siggies..............
Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 09-11-2002, 12:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
its the blacky blue car nearest my house

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 09-11-2002, 12:48 PM

oh its a hatchback......what a cheese.......

Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 09-11-2002, 02:13 PM
SiLeNt OwL is offline SiLeNt OwL

Send a message via AIM to SiLeNt OwL
Biggrin

LMFAO......... @ " OH ITS A HATCHBACK " .......... My Tahoe has a HATCHBACK........ hehe lol....... Not a Cheese

Old 09-11-2002, 02:35 PM

lol..........

TAHOE IS CLASSIFIED AS A REAR DOOR OR LIFTBACK

NOT HATCHBACK

LOL

Old 09-13-2002, 12:14 PM
SiLeNt OwL is offline SiLeNt OwL

Send a message via AIM to SiLeNt OwL
UMmmmmmmmm !!! Geee U'r A SMART ONE ........LMFAO......... " Don't U need 2 Wash Your Truck ??? "......... j/k

Last edited by SiLeNt OwL; 09-13-2002 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 12:25 PM

LOL......

thought that would get your attention.........LOL

Old 09-13-2002, 01:40 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Biggrin

1. It is considered bad manners for tourists to pay for drinks in Glasgow pubs, the biggest person in the bar (referred to as The Numpty) will be only too happy to pay. i.e.:
BARMAN: That will be twenty pounds sir.
TOURIST: The Big Numpty over there is paying.
BARMAN: That will do nicely sir.
BIG NUMPTY: Welcome to Scotland.

2. In Highland pubs always ask for plenty of water when drinking the local single malts, this tells the locals that you like it so much that you want to make it last longer. After your first sip announce to everyone in the bar in a loud voice "This is pish!" from the Gaelic Piesh Na' lavvy meaning Water of God

3. Thurso is Scotland's largest hypermarket and multiscreen cinema complex and is only a short taxi ride from Glasgow.

4. The Scottish Police force actively encourage tourists to take their hats as souvenirs

5. Braemar is famous for its miles of sandy beaches and has some of the best surfing in Europe

6. Balmoral Castle sits on top of Ben Nevis near Sauchiehall Street in Edinburgh. There is a cable car from Edinburgh Zoo to the top of Ben Nevis.Because of its height it offers all year round skiing and there is a revolving restaurant on the roof of the castle.

7. There is a subway from Jenner's department store to Leith docks known as the Shooglewapper. Ask any member of staff and they will be delighted to help. The store also sells T-shirts bearing the legend "I was shooglewapped all the way to Leith"

8. The highest waterfall in Europe can be found at Greenock.

9. Often you will see men in bowler hats marching about playing the flute and banging a drum. This is a multi denominational religious ceremony and the object of this procession is to collect pictures of religious leaders which must be stuck to the drum. Any images, particularly those of the Pope will be greatly appreciated.

10. There is a nocturnal thistle called a "Spiky Jessie" which is found on Calton Hill in Edinburgh. As these flowers only open at night a trip up the hill is recommended. Just tell a taxi driver that you want to go up Calton Hill to take pictures of the Jessies coming out and he will be happy to oblige.

11. The Latin inscription on Edinburgh's coat of arms says "You'll have had your tea?"

12. The most popular hotel in Glasgow is called The Barlinnie.

13. Old people are banned from Scottish towns on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you see any gently restrain them until a police officer arrives. This may also provide an opportunity to get a hat as souvenirs.

14. Glasgow operates a policy of plain clothed street bankers. As it is well known that carrying small change can tear people's pockets, these bankers will approach tourists and ask if they have any spare change. Once given this money they will exchange it for coins or notes of a higher denomination. In order to deter criminals, these banker often dress in a scruffy unkempt manner but they are all highly trained in finance.

15. Edinburgh Zoo has an adopt an animal scheme and tourists may take home any animal they wish.

16. At many beauty spots you will find musicians playing the bagpipes. They are employed by the Scottish Government to provide tourists with spending money which can be found in bowls beside them. Feel free to take as much money as you want.

17. William Wallace escaped the army of Oliver Cromwell by jumping over the River Forth at Perth on a motorbike.

18. If you go to a concert by The Royal Scottish National Orchestra it is considered impolite not to shout "Hoots!" during quiet sections of music.

19. Celtic are known as the Gers due to being formed by Gerry O'Malley a fruit importer who was the first man to introduce citrus fruit to Scotland. So if you walk into a pub filled with people wearing green and white say "Up the Gers, I'm proud to be an orange man!" and you will receive a warm welcome.

20. Policemen are known by the old Gaelic word "keech"

21. "Jobbie" is a word meaning a lot of effort has gone into producing something i.e. when you have enjoyed a meal, tell the waiter that it tasted like a great jobbie.

22. It is forbidden to travel on public transport in Scotland unless you have a licence. This can be obtained from any police station. Simply ask for the transport keech and remember those souvenir hats. Please note that the I cannot be held responsible for any fines or medical fees resulting from following this advice.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-13-2002, 01:48 PM

"Jobbie" lmfao. Its not true honestly !

supplied by Nev
Old 09-13-2002, 01:50 PM

only part i understood

supplied by Nev
Old 09-14-2002, 07:23 AM
Blade is offline Blade

Send a message via ICQ to Blade
Hi Diamond Bullet ware u from in Scotland Im Larkhall just out side Glasgow

Its not about dieing for your country... Its about makeing your enemies die for theres.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:29 AM
Blade is offline Blade

Send a message via ICQ to Blade
Quote:
Originally posted by katana*GFR*
19. Celtic are known as the Gers due to being formed by Gerry O'Malley a fruit importer who was the first man to introduce citrus fruit to Scotland. So if you walk into a pub filled with people wearing green and white say "Up the Gers, I'm proud to be an orange man!" and you will receive a warm welcome.
This is not advisable, May and can and all probability will hurt I my self am a Gres fan coming from Larkhall its minatory

Its not about dieing for your country... Its about makeing your enemies die for theres.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:18 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Please note that the I cannot be held responsible for any fines or medical fees resulting from following this advice.

Last line

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-14-2002, 02:55 PM

lol never saw that 1. Blade is right do not try this unless u enjoy pain. I am a proud gers supporter blade, from just outside glasgow also (sowwy dont give away my town to strangers ) I remember that last time. As if it were yesterday............

supplied by Nev