Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: What would you do? Honestly!
No doubt about it, I would fight anyway I could! 9 100.00%
I would run for the rest of my life! 0 0%
I would submit and wish for the best! 0 0%
I would convert my religion and/or beliefs and try to fit in. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2005, 05:32 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
Terrorism is totally different from Guerilla warefare.

Terrorism is when they kill civilians in an effort to scare them into submission. Sorry to say that these guys in Iraq are terrorists.

They are blowing up their own people. Terrorists are the scum of the earth. I really hope they have fun rotting in hell for killing innocent people..no one could call killing women and children of your same religion, something that will make you get to heaven.

We gots a 22 rifle and a 16 gauge shotgun
Thats kind of the reason why I said guerilla warfare. And guerilla Warfare is terrorism in a way as terrorism is to strike fear in someone and guerilla strikes are striking fear in the enemy as they often are (seen as) random attacks at key points, not knowing when they will strike where you are, but you rarley use civilians as targets in guerilla warfare,

My photography website

Old 07-11-2005, 07:55 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
sort of...

Guerilla warefare is aimed at destroying enemy targets, not so much striking fear in the enemy.

Terrorists aim at striking fear in the general public. Which at the present is not working.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
What was the French Underground in WWII?

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 07-11-2005, 04:18 PM
"ath-hole"

Guerilla warefare, they didn't blow their own people up.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:26 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

Quote:
Originally posted by front-liner
Australia - got plenty of open bushland and deserts. My expertise (in my mock fights with friends) would be fighting in the bush. I know how to hide, how to set an ambush. All I need is a gun and plenty of ammo if any foreigner decided to take over my Aus!
I am a bush roamer..I might have to head down to Austrailia..and "have a go at" some of those gals...I like playing in the bush more than..well heck..anything! I have never set an ambush..but I have spent a lot of time in and around the bush itself....and when I tire of it..I don't mind sharing it..but not with a foreigner..
<:{{{}}}><

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
They were also insurgants fighting the German controlled country with Guerilla Warfare and Terrorism striking fear in the German Army. Terrorism of the middle east is death of innocents but they do not define the meaning of terrorism.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:33 PM
"ath-hole"

Yeah from what the definition I see, that is right.

I guess in the modern sense of terrorism defined by Sept11th.

It really has nothing to do with the victims but the goals. I don't think that in 9/11 the attacks were meant to kill a ton of people as much as they were meant to hurt us financially, economically and militarily.

The attacks in Iraq are a different breed...it is sad to see.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

Quote:
Yeah from what the definition I see, that is right.

I guess in the modern sense of terrorism defined by Sept11th.

It really has nothing to do with the victims but the goals. I don't think that in 9/11 the attacks were meant to kill a ton of people as much as they were meant to hurt us financially, economically and militarily.

The attacks in Iraq are a different breed...it is sad to see.
your right....

to tell the truth , there isnt enough of them to take down us and our allies if they planned a all out land war, we would win by far, but these suprise attacks they win
Old 07-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
Scared idiots who couldn't protect their country

Score, that's the one good thing about Texas..well, one of them at least. It is a country and can break off any time it wants. Now that's how it's done
Old 07-11-2005, 11:37 PM
"ath-hole"

LOL @ Dr. B

Also the victims of 9/11 were just a bonus to the terrorists. Fortunately they didn't create much of an effect over all. I mean the economy is not in the toilet or anything.

I really thought it was awesome how america and the world puilled together.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:56 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Quote:
The Maqui or French Resistance was made up of many politiccal groups who opposed German, (Nazi), occupation of their country, many of them were communist leaning groups who had oppossed the French government before the war.

Some of these groups were made up of people who had fought the Fascist forces led by Franco in the Spanish civil war.

They were successful in aiding downed allied pilots to escape to England via an underground network and carried out sabotage operations throughout the war and more especially on the eve of Operation Overlord, the allied invasion of Western Europe.

That's what I get for taking a history degree lol!!!! Short version of course but there should be many books on this and other world war 2 history in any decent sized library.

Regards
Old 07-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Terrorism is totally different from Guerrilla warfare.

Terrorism is when they kill civilians in an effort to scare them into submission. Sorry to say that these guys in Iraq are terrorists.

They are blowing up their own people. Terrorists are the scum of the earth. I really hope they have fun rotting in hell for killing innocent people..no one could call killing women and children of your same religion, something that will make you get to heaven.

We gots a 22 rifle and a 16 gauge shotgun
i have to agreed the terrorist would kill their own family and Muslim temple if it was some manner of meaning to it they would do it, Muslim think these terrorist wild card are the best thing in the world got a news' flash they would blowup the temple mount if they think it do any good all so. Terrorist have no limit on what they can & can not do.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

To all of us that voted and those that think we are crazy, we are not. We are not extremists or radicals. We are men with honor and love for freedom and Democracy that would fight to protect you and your families in a time if dire need and desperation. We are somewhat realists do you guys agree? This thread was intended for last resorts, worse case scenerio and it could happen. As strong as we are, we are our own worst enemy. Don't be fooled by propaganda and don't let media dictate your World perspective. What we've learned, we've learned and we take it in stride.

Trojan respects these men that would fight, he's not alone in a cause greater than himself and these men have meaning and cause and should be respected by their peers alike.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:15 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

A freedom fighter, yes. Kill woman and childern or using them as a shield, no.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

What about a woman with a rifle? a kid with a grenade? Makes me think of Vietnam movies, stories, written and documented history.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Quote:
To all of us that voted and those that think we are crazy, we are not. We are not extremists or radicals. We are men with honor and love for freedom and Democracy that would fight to protect you and your families in a time if dire need and desperation. We are somewhat realists do you guys agree? This thread was intended for last resorts, worse case scenerio and it could happen. As strong as we are, we are our own worst enemy. Don't be fooled by propaganda and don't let media dictate your World perspective. What we've learned, we've learned and we take it in stride.

Trojan respects these men that would fight, he's not alone in a cause greater than himself and these men have meaning and cause and should be respected by their peers alike.
I had to bump this thread. Why are you all scared to vote?