Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 02-12-2004, 04:01 PM
mrastlin is offline mrastlin

if mods were cheats novaworld would have banned alot of players along time ago heres my example dflw exp was installed on my pc and was not installed on a friends pc we talk on msn messenger while we play i told him what room i was in and he said he didnt have that room listed until he down loaded the dflw exp is a mod not an expansion of the game just like bhdts if you dont have it you cant play itjust like in a game without the mods everyone has the same choice of weapons its up to you to choose if you want the 50 cal sniper rifle or the m40 but everyone has that choice am i right
Old 02-12-2004, 08:12 PM
BOVA is offline BOVA

That would be correct, mrastlin.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:19 PM
.janissary is offline .janissary

do i extract it to bhd folder or what?
Old 02-12-2004, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB / Panic*PR*
hehe just tried it, well you're right about the shotgun thats cool, and love the red dot sight on the MP5.

download is only 10KB so dont worry about that.

Please note Ma1 that not everyone has BHD installed to the default path, or even on 'C' drive. e.g. me.
but you leave no instructions on how to change the path on the shortcut it will just mean you will get abuse when someone cannot get it to work :/
nvmd
Old 02-12-2004, 08:26 PM

ok when i extract it to the folder all it says in cache and novax????? please help
Old 02-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Ma1 is offline Ma1

Send a message via ICQ to Ma1
you need to put the weapons.pff file in the mod folder if you dont have a mod folder create one. next release will make it more easier for everyone.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:08 PM
BOVA is offline BOVA

OK Cracker listen up. I don't know what you have done so far but what ever you have done so far undo it. You are going to start over. Make a temporary folder on your desktop first.
Then extract all contents from the weapons zip file to the temporary folder. Now go to your DFBHD folder and inside your game folder make a new folder. Call it mod all lowercase letters. Now refresh your game folder. Now open the mod folder in your game folder. Now from the temporary folder you made. Copy and paste the weapons.pff file into the mod folder and close it and your game folder. Now copy and paste the weapons shortcut from temporary folder to your desk top. It looks like a df character. Now when you want to use the mod enter your game through the weapons shortcut. That should work but if it does not you will need to add this to the end of the shortcut. It will look like this.
"C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\dfbhd.exe" /mod weapons /d
At the end of the word weapons hit spacebar once then add forward slash and then no space and add lowercase d.
Then click apply and OK and close the shortcut box.
In order to do this right click the shortcut and select properties. Then you will see the shortcut path.
I hope this helps you. Your welcome.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
the weapon mod you put it into your Game folder
1.) place the weapon Mod into your DFBHD folder same place as your dfbhd.exe is there is no Mod fold you only get error by doing so!! and the shortcut gose on your desktop.

only Terranova use a mod folder not the same for Novalogic mod's nova mods go inside the game folder. then after you get it in use the shortcut now you game play like a Pro,

1.) Terranova use a Mod Folder

2.) Novalogic DFBHD/TSdon't use a Mod folder at all, their Mod goes inside the same folder with dfbhd.exe. then use the shortcut to play the game with the mod or host the mod.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-13-2004, 03:44 PM
BOVA is offline BOVA

Here is what the read me from the weapons mod zip file says. This how I have been doing it.

install direction:

put the weapons.pff file in your mod folder in BHD game directory

then put the shortcut on yoru desktop. it is setup for default install

for BHD.

enjoy.

further updates to come as i complete this project.

what has changed.

Added weapons to certain class's and edited some scopes.

Sniper:

PSG-1 is now silenced more ammo

MP5 with car15 scope

CQB:

same mp5 switches

G36 with car15 scope (many people have been complaining about the blockage of default scope)

Medic:

Car15/m203 with 12 nades. (all characters with car15/m203 have same loadout)

MP5

Gunner:

AT4 now carries 2 rounds

All classes that carry these:

Shotgun: 140 rounds semi automatic (gotta see to believe.)

Clays: now carry 4 but still can only lay 2 at a time. (but gives you 2 more for backups.)

Much more to come.
Any suggestions are welcome, and if you have a weapon you want added i will try my best.

Now you tell me?
Plus I have had no errors doing it this way. I also use the Anaconda server manager with it and it all works fine,
Also the mod shows up in the BHD PInger version 4.0
If you use the /d shortcut your game looks in the folders before it does the pff files. Therefore this is how it sees the mod folder and recognizes the mod that is in it.
My friend uses both the EXP for BHD and this weapons mod in my server and both pff files are in same folder and he has no problems either. Then he enters my game through the shortcut on his desktop. I turn on server manager then load the selected mod and start game from server manager.
So what do you think of that?
Old 02-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Chief ADFP

put the weapons.pff file in your mod folder in [b]BHD game directory/b] ?dose it say to make a Mod folder up no!!! what you think the game folder is? get a clue it is a mod folder one and the same. test it out bud you see it work

Dose not say to make a mod folder at all only put into your DFBHD game folder this is a mod folder one and the same.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Chief ADFP

put the weapons.pff file in your mod folder in BHD game directory ?dose it say to make a Mod folder up no!!!

what you think the game folder is? get a clue it is a mod folder one and the same. test it out bud you see it work.

Put the weapon.pff file into the DFBHD folder were you find the dfbhd.exe and put the shortcut on your desktop.

Novalogic-BHD game folder is a mod folder one and the same.

Dose not say to make a mod folder at all only put into your DFBHD game folder this is a mod folder one and the same.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Chief ADFP

i don't have a mod folder and i don't need one to use with that weapon mod to make it work at all, works great inside the game folder as is.

1.) Put the drang weapon.pff inside the game folder were you find the dfbhd.exe located.
2.) now place the shortcut on you desktop.
3.) now open the " shortcut WeaponsMod" and have fun with it works great.

here a clue is there a mod folder at all in the game folder no were you see all them .pff files in da inside the game folder. only terranova use a mod folder if you have Exp_bhd.pff then it will instill a mod folder this was done before nova made their update. i do it by novalogic.inc way. i have Exp-BHD i don't use it why it not going by the standers on how the game was made.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:58 AM
BOVA is offline BOVA

I like using a mod folder. It keeps mods in seperate place and I know whats what. The BHD game is not a mod and the game folder and mod folder are not one in the same.
Even if the mod was made with novalogic tools it is still a mod. A mod is anything that changes the game from the stock or shelf version of it. Did the game come with the weapons mode already on the disc? No it did not. I have plenty of clues. You can do it the way you said or the way I am doing it. I do not appreciate you insulting my intelligence
chief. I like these forums and have never been talked to like that. Get a clue what is that?
Old 02-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Chief ADFP

Let see you like having a mod folder good for you, as me i like its way its made and not having a mod folder is ok, the file as in .pff is listed what it is. the weapon.pff is name that way and same for the shortcut. is it hard to read the name on the .pff file nope a 6yrs and tell what mod its for. as for BHD game folder is a mod folder one and the same. tell you what call the tech-nova they will tell you same thing there really no need for a mod folder. the mod will work in the BHD game folder.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Sad Well i finally got it to work...

I see some other people were having some trouble using this mod too, but lol i got my mod to work after changing the start and target shortcut and stuff....

Now i have another problem. I love the shotgun that you dont have to pump thats awesome and the mp5 with scope but, it talks about a psg-1 nad i loved that gun from land warrior but where is it??? i cannot get the psg-1 anywhere under sniper and there is supposed to be a G36 or something! so why cant i find these 2 weapons?
Old 02-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Chief ADFP

the psg is listed the same way as before only when your in the game it becomes a PSG-SD so go ahead pick the psg it will become a PSG-1SD the listing will not change any.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Sad Never was there

Thanks for your help chief, but its not that i couldnt find the SD version, the PSG-1 isnt there in the first place - i looked under every type of player, even medic, and the PSG-1 or the silenced version isnt there in the first place! none of it is there at all! the PSG simply isnt there at all!

phew.... i had to get that out lol well i'll double chack, but why isnt the gun there?
Old 02-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Tongue Oh, one more thing...

The Nfo file or whatever comes with the weapons mod doesnt open (none of the Nfo files on my computer open) they just simply say "this file cannot be opened this file may be corruptedor a different version" or something like that why? why god, why?
Old 02-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Ma1 is offline Ma1

cheif your wrong my friend. you have to put it in the mod folder in BHD main folder. most people already had the TN EXP pack so i didnt say create one. most people with any intelligience should see if they dont have one to create one.

and just for all to know next release will have a install so it will make it more easy for all of the users.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Ma1 is offline Ma1

cdoy if you dont have teamsabre installed you will not have the psg-1 or the g36 for that matter either.

those are TS specific weapons. in later updates more features and weapons will be added for bhd users and TS users to use.