Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 02-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Mod don't work in other host are, if they don't use that mod at all same gose for players.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-09-2004, 07:13 AM
BOVA is offline BOVA

I agree with you chief. The fool is not the one who does not know what he or she is talking about. The fool is one who tries to act like they know what they are talking about and don't.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Ma1 is offline Ma1

Send a message via ICQ to Ma1
has anyone used it and how do you, like the shotgun.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:47 AM
Bigguy1MD is offline Bigguy1MD

Send a message via ICQ to Bigguy1MD
OK, lets talk about fools and "Mods". For BHD 1.3 I have seen a weapons mod that you did not have to be in a separate server to join with. We played several teams that used this mod and we never knew about it. What it did is added a red laser sight to the M240, M60, and SAW. Do you guys also think that this is an ok "mod"? They have SS's on their site of winning matches using it. I have no problem if there is no way that someone can join a normal server if they are using it. Personally I dont download "mods" to look into them. Thanks for explaining it but please give me your opinion of the mod that you didnt need a separate server to use?
Old 02-09-2004, 08:16 AM
HiVoltage is offline HiVoltage

I totally agree with Bigguy1MD

It is not made clear wether this 'MOD' requires a server running it to allow it's use or wether you can use it freely.

Even Chief-ADFP says he doesn't know what will happen in a Nova Stats game which seems to imply that you DO NOT need the server to run it.

I once tried out a MOD on Land Warrior and it allowed you to use it unless you had the server set to 'no-skins'. The only thing about this - nad this is what I class as a true MOD, is that it only changed the look and feel and NOT the capeabilities of the weapons.

If you agree with changing a weapons properties (so that a sniper rifle can fire rockets) then you agree that a player can change to become invisible, walk through walls etc. - All CHEATS !

It's simple - leave it alone and play it as Nova intended. If you don't like it, play another game or make one from scratch of your own.

~{}~Hi-Voltage
PODSQUAD
Old 02-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Ma1 is offline Ma1

i am the creator of this mod and it rquires the server to run it and the clients joining to have it as well. and what you talked about the red laser was not a mod it was a skin job in the main game files and if your server allows skins which im sure the people using it were hosting had the skins option turned on. so thats why they could use that. it wasnt a mod. how mods are used are seprate pff files from the default ones so if you dont have the mod you cant join a server running the said mod. try joining our server when it shows weapons in the mod section listed if you dont have it you wont it will say your joining then you leave and says you dont have the appropriate mod.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:48 PM
BOVA is offline BOVA

I don't play stats games of any kind. I only play in public servers and consumer hosted private games. I also do not allow skins in my server because cheaters use it. Further more I play COOP more then any other game type. I am in a COOP squad. I only run a mod in my COOP server if my teammates also have the MOD like EXP for BHD for example.
Are you saying that the EXP MOD for BHD that terranova made is a cheat also?
Old 02-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Bigguy1MD is offline Bigguy1MD

Send a message via ICQ to Bigguy1MD
Im simply saying that if you could join a BHD server with EXP weapons, then yes it would not be right. Now we know that it cant happen and that is all fine. If this Mod is the same way then all is cool. Its my mistake if you cant join our server with it and we cant join yours if your using it. Its all good, but you have to admit, if you could do that it would not be right. Then I guess that the mod that they were using with the laser sight wasnt a Mod after all, thats just want everyone called it.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Chief ADFP

will like other games that use mod's it makes the game bigger add new things to the game skins,weapons,terrains,ship,boats,tanks and extras as in space ships or even a whole new game workup.

lets say if you play DFBHD & with or with TS not. but you can take it to the next level make it into a whole new game you have the tools you can do anything. hell if you like you can make up a whole new charter as SAS body with bugs bunny head of a update on charters put female into it, only into the mod. be the dreamer go fore it all but have to say lets stay away nudddy skins for new chatars for the mod ok. lets keep it clean at lease
Old 02-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Anubis.c.k
Unregistered

right on with last post i fed up with team sabre guys comeing in our bhd server if people wanna play these mods then they should thats there choice but dont see why those that dont have to suffer think team sabre was a waste of time play the game as it was made if not do as you like but are you sure your not makeing problems when playing in server running these so called mods
last thing sorry if you dont like striat bhd go find another game to play
Old 02-10-2004, 05:31 PM
cyanide1973 is offline cyanide1973

Mods can make or break a game. People are still buying halflife and battlefiel1942 for the mods. As far as cheating goes A cheat gives you an unfair advantage over the other players. A mod ads new thing to the game while keeping everyone on the same level. So I would have to say this is a mod not a cheat.
Mods are the way all games are going so if you don't like them then you should start playing XBox, PS2 or Gamecube.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
ppl need to learn the diference between server side and client side to understand this i guess.

skins are client, therefor altered skins such as player skins or crosshairs are cheating (different than the normal settings).

the MOD is detected byt the client and the server so if detected teh you will either be let in the game (if client & server has MOD) or rejected (one or other doesn't have MOD).

the most common (laughable) mistake ppl make is thinking players have infinate health. although this is possible for the host to achieve, none of the clients joining the game can activate infinate health themself, this is totally server side.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Biggrin Cool

How long has this weapons mod been out? I will download it and check it out but i love mods! i have the terranova mod and it is true that mods ARE NOT cheats - like chief said, cheats giva an unfair advantage and mods let all players be on the same level - only 1 thing i hate it when someone tries to join your game when you have the mod and they dont so they simply get booted but i wish your server just wouldnt show up instead of trial and error.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Sad How do i do this?

ok. i put the rar file in my BHD folder and nothing. do you need a mod before you get this? what mod folder are you supposed to put this file in? could someone please tell me thanks
Old 02-11-2004, 05:51 AM
Ma1 is offline Ma1

you need to use winrar to extract the files. put the weapon.pff file in the mod directory in your bhd folder.

if you have your game in default path you can use the shortcut included in the rar file. if you not you can modify the shortcut to the appropriate target path.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Ma1 is offline Ma1

i will have a install for the next release version of the weapons mod. to make it easier.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Skin is offline Skin

Send a message via ICQ to Skin
i agree bigguy1md i think its a cheat

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll
Old 02-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Chief ADFP

a host who is Hosting a Mod all partys have to have the same type mod, if one try to another mod in that server they get punted out. its not like anything like skins enable. dang read up on it then talk crap about it.

He right on the money:
Quote:
By: StevieB / Panic*PR*
ppl need to learn the diference between server side and client side to understand this i guess.

skins are client, therefor altered skins such as player skins or crosshairs are cheating (different than the normal settings).

the MOD is detected by the client and the server so if detected teh you will either be let in the game (if client & server has MOD) or rejected (one or other doesn't have MOD).

the most common (laughable) mistake ppl make is thinking players have infinate health. although this is possible for the host to achieve, none of the clients joining the game can activate infinate health themself, this is totally server side.
in other words: if the 2 mod's don't match ether other then the players end be punted out or get a error big time.

but i will say this you all know "Punbuster" they are not a cheater group at all, they are will a anticheater group who montor other great game to ban cheaters do you think they will ban some one for using mod no hell BF 1942 is moded and they montor it like crazy. here a good sample:
Battlefield 1942 is base on WW1 & WW2 type game theme will its was made for Mod by other groups keep it going no only has it gone a long way there is a mod for it to play Starwars in it new charters, Weapons, Tanks types, Spaceships, and new planet to go to now they doing a update on it.

"Punbuster" montor BF 1942 Vr 1.6 and Army free game and other great game to remove cheaters from them, and some of these games are mod able all so.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:00 AM
Chief ADFP

So don't get cheater thing mix-up with mod it has nothen to do with it. flaming that mod is a new way to cheat is a totally lie. stop flaming the subject mod. if you only have DFBHD and don't have TS then buy up or leave the game. USD-20.00 is really cheap 1/2 what it cost for DFBHD.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:29 AM
BOVA is offline BOVA

You can't play in a server that is running the mod unless you also have the mod and the same version of it. Also if you try to enter a server who is not running the mod and you are. Or anyone else tries to enter a server with the mod and the server is not running the mod. THE SERVER WILL NOT LET YOU IN. COMPRENDE?
If you don't like the mod do not use it. But bad mouthing it just because you don't like it is not cool.