Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 09-10-2003, 03:19 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
eek "W32.SoBig.F.@mm.ecn" to stop it.

you can download e-mail but best setup a mail rule delete all attachment at the server. to do this follow these step:

(By Deleting E-Mail at the Server, they don't get into you system at all. or get downloaded in to your comp)

Do these steps offline first
1.) open your e-mail program up Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook (come's with MS-Office).

2.) lookup you see "Tools click-on it, look down the list see "Message Rules" click-on it, see "Mail" click-on it.

3.) look to the right see "New" click-on it. A new window will popup with option in it.

4.) 1. Select the Conditions for your rule:

1st top open box window look into that area for "Where the message has an attachment" put a check mark into it.

5.) 2. Select the Actions for your rule:
2nd open window Look for "Delete from the server" put a check into that box.

this will also save you comp from virus that are attach to e-mails this is a nasty Virus W32.SoBig.F@mm.enc
come's in 1-3 attachments into the e-mail.

This is a temp-fix use your messager to send each other attachment or files to each other. try not to e-mail attachments till a new update can handle this new Virus.

if you try to delete this e-mail with the attachment in it, will not work the attachment will start their dirty work as soon its in your system, and instill it self, so better be safe then sorry.

Norton AntiVirus could not delete this bugger at all. i got a report the e-mail attachment could not be deleted it has fail and also the Quarantin it fail to.

i am safe got it 28x to day. use Goback Deluxe to redo hard drive to a time before, i download the e-mail, then got this Id hey i block all e-mails with attachment's, till there is a fix or update for it.

I use both Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook Office 2000
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-10-2003 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
good news' norton have made a update their Anitvirus will handle it now but on a safe note you still can use this option to cover your self from any virus that is out there.

i will start rec/attachment's now, but if any thing new comes up that it can't handle. i'll put it back inplace this rule.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]