Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

View Poll Results: Better game with fewer clays
Yes 15 51.72%
No 11 37.93%
Don't Know 0 0%
Never use clays 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2003, 11:22 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Is the game better with fewer clays?

Do you think the game has improved now you can only use 2 clays?

Regards
Old 10-22-2003, 11:39 AM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
I do think it`s better, but you dont really notice that much as there are more players in games now.lol

So it sort of defeats the cut down.

Last edited by Sal UK; 10-22-2003 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:41 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

Out of curiosity... improved in what sense? Sometimes it's good to set your perimeters with clays, especially if its a TKOTH & AD games. But sometimes it pi$$es ppl off when u see clays everywhere as if you're in an unmanned dogpound where the dogs just poo everywhere. Neverending Dog $hit everywhere is definitely a pain in the a$$. LOL!!!

Anyway, If I'm sniping or holding the hill or defending... the clays are my bodyguard... love em'.

Aren't the snipers are limited to use 2 clays whereas the CQBs can carry up to 4 clays?
Old 10-23-2003, 10:55 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Hey Animal-Mutha!

I mean like you said, the clays aren't every where now so I think the game is more flowing, i.e. you can move about more with out having to look around every corner for a claymore!

The cqb players only get 2 clays each by the way!

Regards
Old 10-23-2003, 11:27 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
Quote:
Originally posted by Sal UK
I do think it`s better, but you dont really notice that much as there are more players in games now.lol

So it sort of defeats the cut down.
I disagree, but i dont know how many clays you could get before cut down so cant back my opinion up with example.

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 10-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
less players + more clays
more players + less clays

I think it balances itself out, so the cutdown does have a purpose.

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 10-25-2003, 01:33 AM
.janissary is offline .janissary

you know what i think

I think that,with fewer clays that means that the gunners can go wild spraying even more bullets everywhere.....its a big cry to all of the super gunners out there...because now they dont have to worry about as many clays and the can roam the countryside spraying and praying......less clays is a joke they shoulda never changed it....i dont even use clays all that much but its a CQB's only defence agaist a gunner and his full auto 200 round b 4 reloading gun...but thats just my opinion
Old 10-26-2003, 04:17 AM

Re: you know what i think

Quote:
Originally posted by Cracker
I think that,with fewer clays that means that the gunners can go wild spraying even more bullets everywhere.....its a big cry to all of the super gunners out there...because now they dont have to worry about as many clays and the can roam the countryside spraying and praying......less clays is a joke they shoulda never changed it....i dont even use clays all that much but its a CQB's only defence agaist a gunner and his full auto 200 round b 4 reloading gun...but thats just my opinion
couldnt agree more dude. Especially in small Urban setting maps with lotsa room & floors. (e.g.: the embassy)
Old 10-26-2003, 08:59 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I see your point Cracker! I've noticed that the gunners are hitting harder than they were before the cut back in the number of clays and it is making a big difference as they are, as Animal-mutha says, able to roam especially in urban settings, without having to watch out for clays!

Regards
Old 10-26-2003, 11:26 AM
The Jerk is offline The Jerk

come on clays are pathetic
just a cheap no skill kill in my opinion
i say get rid of em all together!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 02:08 AM

now now... claymores played a damn important role in modern warfare. Without claymores you'll be sitting ducks when surrounded by enemies. Its great to set those perimeters. Claymore was used greatly during the Vietnam war. Remember the scene in "PLATOON" where Charlie Sheen fell asleep & saw a squad of VCs at the very last minute while on "watch". Wooohooo that was one of my favourite scene in the movie.

Anyway, claymores rules... but if you're playing the game as if you're playing "Counter-Strike" where you shoot & run arcade style... then... claymores will be your downfall. So, watch yer step... & expect the unexpected all the time is my advise. Always lob a grenade in the armoury.... coz claymores in the armoury pisses most people off...even me..LOL!
Old 10-27-2003, 07:46 AM

me too!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:11 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Clays are a legitimate weapon of war and although some people may not like them, their main reason for existence is to kill the enemy!

Now you can slope off into the hills and hide while you snipe, I've got no problem with that. You can run around like your on speed and shoot a machine gun at eveything and everyone, I have no problem with that either.

If you want to place a clay in a very clever spot and get some one that way, I have no problem with that either.

They are part of the game and for the snipers, their only real protection to prevent some one from sneaking up on them and outting a cap in their ass!

Regards
Old 10-28-2003, 07:23 AM

your right BADDOG!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:39 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

How bout 4 clays. 4 will be more then enough. The best thing about clays is it slows down the game. Players just cant ran as fast as they want when the have to look around corners for clays. Clays are a defence, and the cqb loses alot with only having 2 clays. If they wanted to get rid off something, change the number of m203 rounds from 6 to 3. I am very happy that the m203 does not explode under 25-30 feet anymore. (at least noobs cant sucide themselfs to kill me with the m203)
Old 10-28-2003, 07:17 PM
d3reddragon is offline d3reddragon

Send a message via AIM to d3reddragon Send a message via Yahoo to d3reddragon
True clays do slow down the game but people where complaining that it slowed it down to much... Kind of dumb but w/e...I dont think its a good thing or a bad thing to have 2 clays...But what I dont like is nova is trying to speed up gameplay in bhd...Making gunners run faster taking away 2 clays making no auto elevation so you cant be killed as much by snipers and naders...But the main reason I play bhd is because its a game where you can stay alive without dieing for 5-10 mins at a time sometimes even more...So because of the other stuff that came with the update I would have rather kept my 4 clays it would be much better..

p.s if they didnt change the other stuff then it would be good to have 2 clays..
Old 10-28-2003, 10:05 PM

i have to agree
Old 11-02-2003, 11:01 AM
The Jerk is offline The Jerk

Wink

YOUR RIGHT CLAYMORES HAVE BEEN USED IN WAR BY CHICKEN****S.

IRAQIS PROBABLY USE EM.

BASICALLY ANYONE WHO WANTS TO INFLICT HUMAN CASUALTIES BE THEY MAN,WOMAN OR CHILD.

THEY SUCK AND YOU KNOW IT ,LOOSE EM ALL TOGETHER.

LETS PLAY THIS GAME WITH SKILLS NOT DUMB LUCK.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:02 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Claymore mines are part of the game and unfortunately, part of the real world to along with biological, chemical and nuclear weapons.

Land mines kill and disable thousands of children every year but until the time comes when mankind can solve it's problems without resorting to war, they along with many other weapons will always be with us.

As for the game and skill? Using a machine gun requires little or no skill, hiding miles away in the hills sniping could be considerd "chicken" by some people as you are never face to face with your victim.

Regards
Old 11-02-2003, 10:23 PM

hehehee... u want skills, guts & valor?... then... just use the knife throughout the game... & if u survive more then 5 minutes in the thick of the battle.... then I SALUTE YOU!....lol

Its pretty ironic when snipers are called "gay" or "chicken"... gunners are called "no skillz" or "spayer" (I'm a spray gunner anyway...LOL) & CQBs with their grenade launchers are also called "gay naders".... so that leaves us to these 3 weapons then...

1)knife
2)pistols
3)shotguns

Look at it this way... if you're good at the game then you're GOOD... & no complaints on your opponents way of using their method of killing. (Even claymores). But if u errrrr... lets say... SUCKS then... no matter what... you'll be killed mercilessly. So my advise is: "KILL or be KILLED" Lol!!! "Only The Strong Survive".... not in terms of firepower or armament but the strength in will & brain power. In DFBHD, Strategy & Teamwork rulez!

Honestly what I hate most are those those PSP campers or base rapers. Clays slow u down but hey... thats part of the game dude. You'll end playing like headless chicken if it weren't for those damned clays.

Lastly, The Iraqis doesn't use claymores.... they use those damned land-mines which are WAAAAAAAAAYYYY worst than claymores. Its hidden! Thank god they dont have mines in DFBHD... lol!!! BF1942 has it though.