Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:50 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

any1 paintball?

Im gonna start paintballing it looks fun and a couple of my friends are doing it. Their on a team, they do tournaments and stuff. Im thinking about getting a Tippmann 98..14' Barrel, 20oz tank..will be fun
Old 03-25-2007, 06:54 PM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
I've always wanted to go paintballing, I had a blow paintball gun years ago, me and a friend used to own eachother with them, never tried it for real though, that gun sounds nice.
nice gif

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 03-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

eww tipman '98 sucks really but a good starter gun my bro has a d6 custom i think, he got sponsered but he quit
Old 03-25-2007, 07:06 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky
eww tipman '98 sucks really but a good starter gun my bro has a d6 custom i think, he got sponsered but he quit
every review i read it said that the gun is amazing
Old 03-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
used to paintball all the time. I stopped because it became wayyy to expensive
Old 03-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by .ex.
every review i read it said that the gun is amazing
its a great starting gun, easily upgraded also.

i used to paintball allll the time, i played the other night inside at this place in my town with rubber paintballs

was pretty sweet

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 03-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Uber-Pirate is offline Uber-Pirate

the 98 is awsome, its what im using right now. and if you upgrade it right, you can get it preforming (almost) just as good as some other guns that are much more expencive. not to mention that you can mod it to look like almost anything you want, and its preaty much a tank. will take anything you can throw at it (probably including actually throwing it lol) and itle work great!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

I use to do it, not much. I don't see the point in it now lol, being in the army and all.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

i cant find any1 to paintball with, keep telling me that im to dangerious, i can hit some1 moving at 50 yrds with my brass eagle so they stop playing with me, lol.

was thinking bout getting a semiauto pelletgun and modding it o accept those little paintballs, all got do is change up the clip and put in a bigger barrel witch could be tubing for that about all the barrel is for a pelletgun is tubing so the experience will be more realistic.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:06 AM
.ex. is offline .ex.

i cant decide...i dont know if i should get a Spyder Xtra or a Tippmann 98..or something else in that price range? some info from the experts would be helpful..
Old 03-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Erik is offline Erik

PM me and I'll let you know what to get. I would reply I would be dragged into Mausers awesome post about his Brass Eagle and how he can hit something at 50 yds when I know he can't...mostly because BA can't hit 35 yds with a stock barrel...and good look finding a barrel that fit those threads. I would fly to house to prove it.

I'm co-captain of a team on the west coast of Michigan so I know whats up...PM me.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Selina is offline Selina

I done it once at a friends birthday party. I will never do it again it hit me on a sensitive area Lol
Old 03-26-2007, 04:00 PM

lol, yes i can hit at 50yrds

it is a pump action brass eagle not a semiauto and the barrel it came with is around 12in long.

and have you ever seen me shoot, ill have to post a vid clip of me shooting , itll make ya nervious.

itaint one of the new ones it is one of the 1st they made and it will hit at 50yrds without any probs.

ever heard of holding off for elevation, ya kindof are lobbing them at them but ya can do it if ya can shoot.

like have you ever hit anything with a regular rifle at over 1000m i havnt ither but just cause ya have never done it or seen it done doesnt mean it isnt possable.

i started shooting when i was around 4yr old and used to shoot guns every day so i know how to shoot.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 03-26-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Now that we are getting off topic, send me a link to a video of you doing that at exactly 50 yds and I'll pay for you to be on my team. Anyways,

My guess is that your looking for a entry level gun 98c is good. Spyder is good too...there are more barrels for Spyder because of the threading. Most other markers use barrel threading of that of spyder so if you upgrade to anything after a spyder minus and Angel you would be almost all set.

98c can be set-up at the very end to be a high-end marker of that of an Angel or Autococker. With Response trig or E-Frame you could shoot around 12-13 per sec. Maybe faster if you set it right. 20oz CO2 is good...but if you can get a nitro tank...get more performance and maybe extra 200 balls shot. CO2 is rough on the internals. And if it gets to cold gun will freeze up.

But if you stay with 98c don't and I repeat don't get a 14" unless your playing back. Get a 12" barrel. Lapco 12" bigshot and you will be all day. For a mask make sure its thermal since it will fog up if wet outside or cold or even hot. Get a drop forward to balance weight of tank and gun. Probably a 2" if your looking to spend maybe another $30 if not no worry. And if you can get a Viewloader Revolution 12v with X Board hopper...its about $45 but well worth it to keep balls from locking up or getting jammed which will also prevent breakage in barrel

So with all that you will be set to take on just about anyone.

98c
Lapco 12" Bigshot barrel
Drop forward (optional)
Thermal mask

and your all set. Stay safe and keep mask on all times unless your done playing.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:16 PM

ok, tomorrow when i got off school ill get some paintballs and some co2 and ill vid it.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Chels is offline Chels

PAINTBALLING IS AMAZING

gg :-P

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:50 PM

hope this helps...

Quote:
Originally posted by .ex.
i dont know if i should get a Spyder Xtra or a Tippmann 98..or something else in that price range?
i cannot hear this advice enough: pick a marker thats right for you. because in the end, most markers have the same internals (meaning roughly the same preformance. yes the 98c / custom pro has upgrades such as the responce trigger or the e-bolt (for the custom pro only... yea i don't know why either) wich give them higher rates of fire -and in the case of the e-bolt full auto-, but im shure spyder has simmilar upgrades. over all, if it comes down to looks grab the 98 because as far as i know, theres alot more mods for it then any spyder...

Quote:
Originally posted by twig
CO2 is rough on the internals. And if it gets to cold gun will freeze up.
should note that co2 only freezes internals at high rates of fire, and a expansion chamber can easily help with that. It traps liquid co2 at the bottem while only letting the heated gas into your marker. if you don't plan on shooting at full auto, co2 is fine. but yea, if you can afford a HPA (compressed air) tank, regulator, and you have someplace to fill one (because not all feild, especially smaller ones don't have HPA filling stations) go for it. its more consistant, some have said more accurate but ive never seen any diff (im sure thats gonna attract some critisism lol), and is the best for high rates of fire. thats why all the "pros" shooting those $1000+ markers use HPA.

for more info then those of us could probably give visit the newbie forum over that PbNation.com
Old 03-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Thanks Ub, good point. if you do get a x-chamber...8 stage is perfect...HPA is only as accurate as the barrel and the user...
Old 03-27-2007, 11:07 AM

ok, you wanted to see me hit a target at 50yrds so here it is.

i know it is 50 yards because i mesured it out with a yard stick and there was 50 of them.

knotice that i have no sights on the gun, the barrel is 10in long the muzzle velocity is 300fps

it says dangerious to 200m on the side of gun, the calabur is 68cal.

it may not be a dead center hit but target got scraped with a paintball as it went thru the hole
for the handle and has enough paint on it to constitute a hit in paintball rules.

and this is with no sights and less than 5 sec aiming time in a windy environment, how close can you
get with sights with wind blowing and using one hand in less than 5 sec aiming time,
when ya see the clip of me shooting start that is when i started aiming and i hit it.

i didnt say i could do a direct hit at 50 yards i just said i could hit some
one at 50 yards and the jug is a lot smaller than a human torso and this is 20yards beyond
where you said the thing could hit and with no sights.

pay attention and you can see the target get hit and fall off the door
and knotice the time it took the paintball to hit the thing and there was a slight crosswind when i shot this.

<<<<SEE IT HERE>>>>

never say i cant do something because i have most likely already done it.

have a nice day.

oh an i found out why ya cant hit a thing at 50yrds with most newer guns, i looked at some today and they
have a dang row of holes drilled down the barrel in a spiral,that lets out a lot of pressure and causes the
paintball to slow down since it still has 5 in to go after the pressure is let out of the holes, i guess
it looks cool or something but the
one i shot is a smoth bore and is all nylon, i did slick up the barrel with asome lapping compund to get
rid of the rough spots.

impossable, only if ya arent use to actually aiming but used to spraying
and praying, me i dont sprayand pray, with a auto gun, i make every shot count, and if i can do this with a paintball gun
imagin what i can do with a real rifle
Old 03-27-2007, 04:36 PM

the holes are made to make the barrel quieter... you can buy barrels without holes, or go the ghetto route and simply tape up the ones in the barrel you got

edit: thanks mauser for proving my point that the gun doenst make the man... nice shot by the way