Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
lol what do you mean by php format?
Old 10-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
they use BBcodes for that forum PHP forum like this forum and not like novaworld.com/forum area only html format
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
php is just the server side code they use to drive the site - the BBcode is replaced with the html tags on the fly. They could have chosen to use the html tags, but that isn't as secure as using BBcode
Old 11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Thanks to R0M (ISU) of NW2 forums for posting something this awesome:

Quote:
. . . you are now reading a diary entry by Brian Bekian! Now, where do I start.... hmmm. I've been working in the game industry for over ten years now, all of which have been at Novalogic. Seven and a half of those ten years have been dedicated to designing here at Nova, starting out with Land Warrior NovaWorld maps. (Load up your old Land Warrior executable and jump into some multiplayer! Anyone remember the TKOTH Pyramid map? He-he). Or better yet check out the NovaWorld maps for Task Force Dagger. Hint: TKOTH Refinery Summit or Toxic. Enough with the old, lets move on to what's currently cooking in the Nova oven.

Delta Force: Angel Falls. This game is going to kick some ass. It's a joy to be Director of Design on a game that is not only beautiful to look at, but has also a nova-star-mass of potential within it, too. I'm currently ironing out some of the final mission maps on paper and trying to juice a 100% out of the new AI system for all its worth. From Alpha to Beta we are now somewhere in between, design nuclei orbiting around each other in a purgatory of game mechanics with positive and negative charges that could only be the forces of great game balance.

Right now our biggest hill to climb is the games new 250 player limit! Never has real time war been duplicated at this scale. We were the first with 150 online players and we'll be the first again with 250 players online playing in real time! We have a major beta going out soon, programming has a few things to get under their belt, but as far as design goes its right on. One thing about the Delta Force: Angel Falls new 250 player max is that it doesn't exactly play 100% like previous titles; it has evolved on a grand scale not only for multiplayers, but for multi-warfronts to be battled at the same time! I recently jumped into some Delta Force: Xtreme multiplayer action (and I can still compete with the best of them) to get a nice taste of what I have always enjoyed and meld some of that classic nova gameplay into the new.

Our beta maps won't deviate too much from the old "out in the wilderness" feeling, placing players at multi-spawn points deep within beautiful South American jungle environments. Of course, we'll still have the open terrains and urban enviroments in other maps, but for now we couldn't resist a little closed jungle warfare. We have also managed to include a variety of South American animal life moving around terrains with trigger systems working within the multiplayer maps, another first for us! Based on this new technology, I have some new game types pending approval (think multi-objective captures).

The final touches are going on for the 250 multiplayer beta as I type. We are dealing with last minute details like: what will the size of the final download be; what are the system specs for the beta; what options will we allow users to change along with a host of other issues. These are all-important questions because we want our fans to have great fun with this beta, but we also want to get usable information from our fans on how it runs on their systems. Now on to some information about the singleplayer missions.

Since we are spending more time in jungles in this Delta Force game, the levels have many more objects than is the norm. The levels that I have seen so far are much more engaging and lush than those in any previous Nova game. Each mission this time will be longer than the last mission. I have played three of the early missions so far and they each have a distinct feel and flow that make each stand up as an entity unto itself. The mission write-ups indicate that mission types will be as diverse and challenging as the varied enviroments and tactics allow.

America's finest are back in action, along with other elite international special forces making guest appearances! Delta Force: Angel Falls is promising to be a Special Forces overload experience of testosterone-fuelled proportions!!
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-01-2008, 04:52 PM

wow!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:52 PM

Oh ****. That was a joke post on NW2. Oh man...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Chief ADFP

the thing i like to know how big will the game be? will it ship-out on a DVD or a norm Cd?

if its on a DVD (more goodies) i may get it to check all the things in it!
hell they can charge 70.00 then i buy it still if its on a DVD-R or even on a DVD-R DL would buy it 100% then thinking there is a lot in it
Old 11-01-2008, 07:45 PM

Is it coming out on DVD.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Chief ADFP

i hope it do then i know for a fact its really big game then! or 5cd set in the game to use to install the game from.

if it come on 1-CD its going to have the same as away type game maps and mission level beside item in the game to build maps with. limited number of items to use.

it may have new lay out! but i like it tobe larger then life type of game sh*tload of items in it...
Old 11-02-2008, 04:39 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

as far as im aware its confirmed for DVD...

the original specs have changed since the first information was posted on the publishers website...
Old 11-04-2008, 11:30 AM

ravenn:

Quote:
I just wanted to take a minute and address the rampant amount of rumors about the DFAF beta. : )

We are planning on having a beta. It is not currently ongoing, nor has it been. There have not been any signups or invites issued. We have not decided how signups will work - it will probably not be open to the general public, but there is a good chance it will be open to NW/NW2 community members in good standing.

There is no set timeframe for the beta yet. The best guess I can offer is Q1 2009 - but again, that is not definite.

There has been no discussion whether or not we will beta test NILE Studio, or even whether it will be included with DFAF ( my preference would be yes on both - but that isn't my decision )

I'll try to see that any announcements made about the DFAF beta are made to the community on NW2 first.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
any news of when MW2 is live?

i nearly punched a hole in my screen because of novaworld.com again EVERY FREEKIN TIME I HAVE TO DO ANYTING ON THAT SITE I HAVE PROBLEMS. any other site is fine just novaworld ticks me off.

went and bought a copy of BHD just to get a cd key so i could register as the other 6 or 7 cd keys i have have all been used an expired on NW.

so put my info in... NW error when i put in my login name, so had to refresh which reloaded the page and because i'd out the name in already it was invalid, same thing with the game name except ti had SERVER ERROR!!!!!":@@:L@L:~:@~:@:@

then after NW ERROR popup page again on step 7/8, i had to reload which went to the email confirmation page....... and no confirmation email, the email address is right but nothing turned up at all .... because it crashed on the previous step??

now my cd key is invalid becasue it's stored it along with 2 more usernames and 2 gaming names that i can never enter in again............................................. "£$%"£%^T%^£>@~>:@<>:@ > > : %<>!£:$%>£$%>:$%>: 5>:
hngedkjtuijk.lym mkl' qrgejioqrge jil' n
Old 11-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

oh that's great, i can actually see the gaming name that i originally entered in the player list, but not the one i had to register with.

whenever i have to get the webserver to do anytihng i get

NovaWorld Error

The server has encountered an error. Please try your request again later.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Old 11-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

The email address is not active in our database.

CD Key Already In Use

Email Address Already In Use

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggg ggggggggggggggg so it stored everything and didn't even setup the account despite completeing steps 8/8

what a complete waste of time and money

eeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyy y bloooooooooooodddddddddddy tiiiiiiiiimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

why did i do this to myself aagaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ergh8oprgggo;ug rgnaipghgre80g7 1£$^!%^!$£%^ "71467y56y j
Old 11-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
NovaWorld Error
Old 11-10-2008, 11:49 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
LOL someone a bit pissed off?

Maybe GamingHq is a good idea for now.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

it's just annoying that it stores the data even if the account isn't created, especially the email and cd key because that's what i have limited amounts of. and then if you enter one of those again it just tells you it's inuse and you have to start again with a whole new set of data because it saved the freeking cd key. omfg u started me off again lol
Old 11-10-2008, 12:02 PM

Damn, that's the angriest I've seen from you Steve, lol.

I know, NW1 sucks d**k - excuse my language. It's the slowest and sluggish website in existence.

Try and register on NW1, then you can have access to NW2, and you can login from there. Even though it's in alpha and a lot of stuff hasn't been added to NW2, it's still worth the look.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

it was on NW1 cant register on nw2 or i wouldnt of bothered buying another game :/