Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 02-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
eek Articles about Vista worth a read...

http://-kol.deviantart.com/journal/7297022/

About the Vista skin port to XP... and that sucks what MS done...

And...:
http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061106/astala-vista

^ Maybe because they wanted to approach things differently? And moreover ''simplify'' things?

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1089/..._longhorn_free

^ Self-explanatory... sounds good!

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-19-2007, 12:06 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I have tried some of the tips from an other site to make my XP look and behave like vista.

I have the vista start menu installed and the vista side gadget panel running.

It isn't like running vista though.

I just installed a preview copy of Vista on a spare computer. I"m going to try different games and software on it. I suspect that in 2 months or so I will own vista
Old 02-19-2007, 12:44 AM

I dunno if I'm allowed to say this on the forum but in one of the articles it talks about a dude porting the Vista skin to XP and Microsoft asking him to remove it off all sites... lol. Copyright thingy...

Now V3 of that skin is WindowBlinds I think, so I downloaded V2. Now it's been removed off a majority of the sites on the Net.

In my opinion, anyone should have the right to download this as long as... you don't distribute it really...

Seriously, I probably wouldn't get Vista; I'd make the computer ''look'' like it has Vista. A lot of people in this world still prefer XP over Vista.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Vista has it good points but the bottom line it lag a lot of person feel to it. were Windows Xp has a lot of.

not crazy about the 5 version release of it ether.

stander Home or full package Professional deal would be better.

hate double talk on what version i need or like to pickup, i the type of guy who walk into a store and see the box and read off it then have to think about it? what version do i need or like to use. god i pick the home version with all the goodies for it. but windows vista don't come that way its come in many version. i think if i see the fullblown version i get that.

will anyways they coming out with a alnew set of theme for all to get! but they are right about the apple and microsoft they really turning into rabit dogs now days copy right?

but chris if it was on the internet there going to be some place some were that will still have them themes posted up.
===========================================
but to be more real about it this thread is more about Windows Xp using display theme from Windows Vista.

don't you think that not a good thing? come on.........they should have made anew type of theme totally not base on Windows Vista at all.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-19-2007 at 03:53 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:43 AM

Mainly this thread is about some articles I found worth a read TBH.

Well it's easy for anyone to find this theme Microsoft asked to be removed. Just Google the filename (if you know it) and it's bound to find a valid URL...

But again, nobody should really distribute the theme if they have it... Just download and use personally...

About the Vista versions, from what I know, Home Starter is for the big newbs (real basic), Home Basic is just for the newbs (basic), Home Premium is just like Home Edition, Business is like Professional, Enterprise is like a more ''advanced'' Professional, and Ultimate? Well the name says it all... lol.

Chris